TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Australian Boot Co also?

mannnn

there was also that fire a couple of years back (or was that last year??) not tooooo far from there (queen / bathurst)

shitty deal - and sucks for that DJ too

Guest junior8k

Sup Toronto.

Been lurking this threak for ages. Sad to hear about Sydney's. Maybe they'll move somewhere else?

A surprisingly good micro-brew (micro-micro-brew) is that 3 brewers at Dundas Square. No IPAs or anything, but they have blondes etc.

mad suprised when the manager at nomad told me they had petite standards in black in my size i just had to cop.! and common project tournaments low whites are on sale right now if i remeber correctly he told me 30% off.

edit: anyone catch haider ackermanns fall 2010 show at the ROM?

Sup Toronto.

Been lurking this threak for ages. Sad to hear about Sydney's. Maybe they'll move somewhere else?

A surprisingly good micro-brew (micro-micro-brew) is that 3 brewers at Dundas Square. No IPAs or anything, but they have blondes etc.

i spent an inordinate amount of time at 3 brewers this winter getting absolutely wasted in the darkest corner of the downstairs bar

great times

Guest junior8k

There's a blonde, a red, a dark one (like a tankhouse), and a really light one.

More importantly, FREE PEANUTS.

Also, they make these pizzas that aren't called pizzas that are really good.

Tell me about it, anyone familiar with Flying Monkeys Brewery? (formerly Robert Simpson, brewed in Barrie)

My best friend's dad is one of the owners.

Beer hookups > most other hookups

BTW if anyone works at a bar, inquire about getting it on tap (I drink for free, gotta do some promotion)

Guest junior8k

There's a cool bar on yonge between college and dundas which has hella indie beer.

Not sure what it's called, something indie. got a wood patio outside. Near brass rail.

They have flying monkeys, no?

Guest junior8k

Is there a section of this thread to hate on Canada Post?

If not, here's what's going on with a package sent International Next Day Express from UK.

2010/06/04 09:36 TORONTO Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay

2010/06/04 01:05 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2010/06/02 08:37 TORONTO Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay

2010/06/01 18:01 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility

2010/05/25 18:57 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2010/05/22 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

In sum, next day shipping from UK arrives three days late, then five days in customs, two days in Mississauga, two days in toronto, still no news of where the hell it is or how long it'll take. So far, 14 days.

Canada Post is awful. They consistently deliver my shit to the wrong houses and thank god my neighbours aren't assholes. One time they lost a $200 textbook and when I called them about it, they just said I had to get the store I bought it from to send another.

Guest junior8k

About 40-60% off retail on some stuff you can find in marketplace.

Usually huge lineups and small selection.

Got a pair of CoN shoes last year for $100 and a BoO shirt for 140.

Not much else there. Maybe some cheap mondays for $25 and YMC coats.

anyone know where i can go to, to try retrosuperfuture's? i remmeber seeing a shop on queen st - the name escapes me and but they only had a couple styles iirc. thanks torontonians.