films you're looking forward to seeing

new cloverfield trailer is online now and is playing in front of beowulf.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

I'm really REALLY hoping that this is a bit of a teaser trailer.

I don't want to see ANOTHER movie about NYC getting destroyed, whether it's a flood, monster, terrorist...anything.

I'm fine with the first 20 minutes in NYC, then TRAVEL THE WORLD! TRAVEL THE COUNTRY! ANYPLACE!

Ugh.

I <3 NY though.

I'm really REALLY hoping that this is a bit of a teaser trailer.

I don't want to see ANOTHER movie about NYC getting destroyed, whether it's a flood, monster, terrorist...anything.

I'm fine with the first 20 minutes in NYC, then TRAVEL THE WORLD! TRAVEL THE COUNTRY! ANYPLACE!

Ugh.

I <3 NY though.

dude it's gonna be carnage, carnage, and nothing but carnage so get use to it.

Finally saw the first Cloverfield teaser on a big screen in theater last night (we're a bit slow over here in Amsterdam), and am now reallyreally looking forward to it.

Also saw the Alien vs Predator 2 trailer and I wasn't convinced, just looked very outdated.

Movie I saw was "We own the night" in the sneakpreview.

All I could think throughout the whole thing was:

1195421787258jc6.jpg

rorschachwatchmen.jpg

as others have said, this movie is definitely under way...

I have VERY little hope that this movie will be anywhere good as the original series. Watchmen is like the Citizen Kane of comic books... the technique, storytelling, execution is just so specific to comics that I can't imagine it having anywhere near the same impact.

that being said, I am still probably going to watch it. maybe my extremely low expectations will help enjoy the movie for what it is.

I think they should have cast Jude Law as Ozymandias.

I should neg rep you for even entertaining the thought of a Will Smith movie, let alone watching one, but Hey. You're Polish Mike.

Don't worry, I got free tickets and walked out after few minutes. I would never pay for it but I had some free time at work and thought I can kill 2 hours.

I saw No Country for Old Men last night... wow. This was spectacular. Suspenseful, well shot, and great performances all around. Javier Bardem's character was fucking bone chilling.

See this movie.

YES! This is a subtle yet awesome new direction for the Coen Bros. Very, very excited to see this.

I am legend... last man on earth... Omega man?? I dunno the earlier films based on this (that strayed from the book lots) had Vincent Price (last man) and Charlton Heston (omega) as the stars and they're pretty hard to beat, being awesomely bad and badtastic in many ways. Now judging from the director of the new movie, who also did Constantine, I'm guessing this is going to be a safe yet forgettable action flick just like many of Will Smith's movies.

They should've made this movie with Bruce Campbell even now that he's a old-ass fat guy, it would've been awesome.

YES! This is a subtle yet awesome new direction for the Coen Bros. Very, very excited to see this.

and it lives up to the hype. i'm really impressed with how diversely talented they are. the fact that they could make films like No Country, and stuff that's so completely different, like The Big Lebowski, is mind boggling.

Now I'm all kinds of hyped over Cloverfield, it better not disappoint!

its definitely an alien movie. JJ abrams said in an interview that he wants to do something on the scale of "godzilla" or similar japanese titles, but for america. he felt that king kong wasn't scary (giant ape? kinda ehhh), so i feel like this is definitely a monster movie. though in the trailer if you're quick, you can catch the aliens devouring (i think) a woman behind a curtain as the camera runs by it. in the trailer, you can clearly hear screams and sort of slippery chewing noises above all the rest of the foreground noise. here are some screens:

cf1.jpg

cf2.jpg

cf3.jpg

cf4.jpg

cf5.jpg

cf6.jpg

cf7.jpg

they could also be soldiers holding someone in quarantine? maybe the aliens or monsters deliver some sort of virus/disease/mutation?

cloverfield can go either way: epic mess or triumphant monsterjam.

What kind of apocalypse spares Will Smith?

Hahaha .. this had me cracking up.

I've been dying to see the Brazillian film, Manda Bala (Send a Bullet). It's a documentary about the kidnapping problem in Brazil.

"An examination of corruption and class warfare in Brazil as told through the stories of a wealthy businessman, a plastic surgeon who assists kidnapping victims and a politician whose income relies on a frog farm."

It premiered at Sundance last year, but still I have not been able to catch it in NYC. It's actually been banned from being screened in Brazil. Fuck, I need to see this film.

Has anyone caught it?

I knew someone would fucking laugh! I am not gay or anything, those are just the movies I would like to see.

It wouldn't be funny if you were gay. And it wouldn't be superfuture if someone didn't laugh.

pretty sure they're soldiers.

what's freaky is the girl expanding to the point where she looks like shes exploding.

have you checked out the slusho.jp viral marketing site?

weird shit on there

I got bored and read a bunch of stuff from people who are really into ARGs and whatnot.

Likely a picture of the monster. Going theory is that the secret ingredient in slusho is an "extremophile" harvested from ocean. Ocean going creature is either mutated / ancient, etc... You get the idea.