films you're looking forward to seeing

http://tagruato.jp

slusho's parent company is a deep ocean drilling/medical research corporation so yeah the monsters are def going to be ocean themed.

it's also speculated that cloverfield has two aspects, the giant motherfucker blowing the shit out of everything and it's minion parasite crab things killing everything on foot

cloverfield-monster-picture.jpg

this isnt official

also for Heroes fans check out http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

to see the entire cast drinking slusho! Elle was actually drinking slusho in the last episode of heroes! theres also a bunch of other neat stuff on that site.

pretty sure they're soldiers.

what's freaky is the girl expanding to the point where she looks like shes exploding.

have you checked out the slusho.jp viral marketing site?

weird shit on there

no i haven't checked it out yet... anyone wanna translate the japanese postcard on the 1-18-08 website?

total utter trash. save your money and time.

i watched sunshine on my father in law's 50" widescreen with surround sound and it was an abserloutely engrossing experience.

but i suppose i could have watched bambi and would have felt engrossed

(i watch tv at home on a 14")

but back to analog's point, marking down sunshine because of its premise in a thread dominated by transformers and ratatouille?

but back to analog's point, marking down sunshine because of its premise in a thread dominated by transformers and ratatouille?

I would never mark down a movie based on its premise. I watch many movies even if they seem like they will disappoint. This was just my opinion on this movie based on the whole picture and previous work of the director that I usually admire.

rorschachwatchmen.jpg

as others have said, this movie is definitely under way...

I have VERY little hope that this movie will be anywhere good as the original series. Watchmen is like the Citizen Kane of comic books... the technique, storytelling, execution is just so specific to comics that I can't imagine it having anywhere near the same impact.

that being said, I am still probably going to watch it. maybe my extremely low expectations will help enjoy the movie for what it is.

I think they should have cast Jude Law as Ozymandias.

some more from the set:

watch-1317_select.jpg

WMD-21550_select.jpg

WMD-22648_select.jpg

WMD-22669_select.jpg

I watched Sunshine on my laptop with an ok "sound system"--not my laptop's speakers--when i was falling asleep at 2 AM...it was engrossing then. The plot has huge holes and dumb flaws, but it's an ok movie i'd see more than once (an have, it was screened at midnight at a local theater, heh).

Cloverfield looks to suck then (giant crab monster... and that slusho.jp site makes more sense after that spoiler), but i'll prolly still see it.

Anyway, i'm sort of looking forward to these to round the year out:

I Am Legend

and

eK3ZrZCocs0

There Will be Blood

which was mentioned before...polishmike--how'd you like it if you got to see it?

daniel day-lewis, paul dano, period piece, based on the novel by upton sinclair. i'm there.

which was mentioned before...polishmike--how'd you like it if you got to see it?

daniel day-lewis, paul dano, period piece, based on the novel by upton sinclair. i'm there.

I missed it this weekend but I'm gonna try to see it this week. People that saw it told me it was very good. Paul Thomas Anderson is the man, he knows his way around the camera.

The last movies I saw (and I do see quiet a few movies) that I can highly recommend were:

Blood Diamonds, Children of Men, Zodiac, The Fracture and Rescue Dawn.

All of them were really nice and gladly not too Hollywood like (which translates for me to too easily to predict). We all know there will be some sort of happy end though don't we? It's just retarded if you know all the next steps and the end after 30 minutes watching.

The Savages

Juno

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Margot at the Wedding (it looks pretty flat, but i really like Noah Baumbach)

all good movies. i really enjoyed juno and the savages. margot at the wedding is better than most people would think. before the devil knows was good but the story had some holes and i think it could've been much better so it's last on my list.