films you're looking forward to seeing

also i saw ACROSS THE UNIVERSE last night. it was a pretty damn good movie. its a musical style movie done with beatles songs. on anothe note the clothing they all wear in that movie is very superfuture styled.

i recommend you all take some acid or smoke some weed before seeing it.

I actually might see it tomorrow but I don't have high hopes. Anderson needs to fresh up his style cause it's getting very repetitive. I saw the short 'Hotel Chevalier' that's a prologue to the film and besides Portman's ass I found it bleak.

I don't think he needs to change up his style, he just needs to start writing with Owen Wilson again.

In addition to The Darjeeling Limited, I'm really looking forward to watching My Blueberry Nights.

• 3 weeks later...
Darjeeling is imo Anderson's best. i loved it.

I have to disagree with you. I think it’s his worst film. He uses his signature style, which frankly got a little boring but there is no substance, no story. You can cast decent actors (I only think Schwartzman is pretty good) but if there is no story the movie will feel like a shitty music video that’s way too long. Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums were good, this one is just empty. Stay away.

American Gangster looks awesome.

I wanted to see Eastern Promises, but I can't bring myself to do it. I bought History of Violence on DVD the day it came out and was horrified, especially after reading the graphic novel.

The Dark Knight

30 Days of Night

No Country for Old Men

all look good to me.

• 2 weeks later...
i know that shits probably gonna be ridiculous, but i am gonna watch it.
Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother? Hilarious.

Oh god; the accent she is trying to do is awful. The best part about the movie is the "I.....AM!!!!.......BEOWULF!!!!!" that they literally plucked out of fucking 300; unbelievable. This will possibly be the worst movie of 2007.

SHIT BETTER BE GOOD

Ha hah. Are you guys joking?

It's going to be uber-cheese. Hitman is one of my favorite games of all time; that being said, a boney, boyishly innocent Timothy Olyphant will not do the role justice. Look out for considerable Pepsi/Ford product placement and plenty of bad jokes.