films you're looking forward to seeing

I gotta see the new documentary on Mike Tyson that just premiered at Cannes. Tyson, directed by James Toback.

How was it? I read an article on it in the NY Times and they said while its a really great documentary, it lacks emotion as a film. What say you?

I gotta see the new documentary on Mike Tyson that just premiered at Cannes. Tyson, directed by James Toback.

My cousin and uncle are in Cannes and neither liked the movie. My cousin is finishing directing school now and concentrating mostly on documentaries so she really wanted to see it. We had a lengthy discussion about Toback (who I despise) and they had really nothing good to say about the movie. I also think that Tyson could be a rather difficult subject.

How was it? I read an article on it in the NY Times and they said while its a really great documentary, it lacks emotion as a film. What say you?

Haven't seen it yet, probably won't have the chance to for a while.

My cousin and uncle are in Cannes and neither liked the movie. My cousin is finishing directing school now and concentrating mostly on documentaries so she really wanted to see it. We had a lengthy discussion about Toback (who I despise) and they had really nothing good to say about the movie. I also think that Tyson could be a rather difficult subject.

Does she know what type of documentaries she'd like to shoot yet? I've always been a huge fan of docs, wish I had access to more to view. Did she appraise any of the films she viewed at Cannes?

Only Toback film I've seen before is Black & White, which I thought sucked. His other films look shitty too. But since Toback had worked with Tyson in the past, he was probably the only person that could get him to agree to a documentary about all of the fucked up shit he did throughout his lifetime, which is why I'm interested in the film. Curious to know what Tyson's own thoughts are about his life.

Next time after we hang out I'll show you some docs I have at home. She only did few short ones but some are ok.

I have a feeling that Tyson is short on cash and would do a movie with John Waters if he would approach him. I'm sure he's very difficult to work with, so knowing that and Toback's previous work I wouldn't really expect much.

I'll know about more films from Cannes after they get back so we can talk after few brews.

Just watched The Orphanage and it was great. Other than Hellboy, I definitely enjoy anything Guillermo Del Toro is attached to.

Thus, I'm really looking forward to seeing The Hobbit, The Hobbit 2, and Doctor Strange.

i love Guillermo too, but i saw the first Hellboy and it was honestly one of the worst movies i have ever wasted 1-2 hours of my life on. i'm very hesitant to see Hellboy 2... at least, sober. can't wait for the Hobbits and Doctor Strange!

• 2 weeks later...

oh christ. they are adapting palanhiuk again? whats the fucking point?

just redub the dialouge from this book over the fight club footage and noone will know the fucking difference. or they could do a total mash up and call it choking invisible survivors so i can pay for it once and not have to see the same movie 3 more times.

oh christ. they are adapting palanhiuk again? whats the fucking point?

hahaha again i agree with you but i have a feeling you just upset some hardcore fans. 'fight club' was horrible and his books are not much better. i didn't read 'choke' so i won't be seeing this movie.

ya know, i really like the fight club novel, i thought it was brilliant. and as much as the movie missed the point, it was still an enjoyable film that got some of the themes right. so theres no hate on fight club. but once i picked up another of that dudes books, it became real obvious that his authorial range is next to nil. i swear he just uses a thesauras to reword quotables from previous novels. i could barf trying to read him again.

did anyone see this new van damme movie where he plays himself after his celebrity runs out, he goes broke, loses his daughter and is pretty much suicidal, then he moves back to brussels and starts some wack project? its called jcvd but its like being john malkovich with way more spin kicks. i predict oscars.

theres really no point in trying to act like it wont be the greatest film experience of your life. dont front. van damme is the austrian charles bronson of our time. acting like this wont be your favorite movie is a gross betrayal to your soul.

Just watched The Orphanage and it was great. Other than Hellboy, I definitely enjoy anything Guillermo Del Toro is attached to.

Thus, I'm really looking forward to seeing The Hobbit, The Hobbit 2, and Doctor Strange.

Second this, saw El Orfanato last night.

I am curious about HellboyII, it looked interesting visually, but I am somewhere thinking that they might've thrown everything interesting in the trailer.

Also curious about The Road.

• 3 weeks later...