Uniqlo Vintage Chinos

doctorgnar

Yea I'm in the UK, but from reading Cotton's post, apparently the vintage flat front chino's currently on the uniqlo website aren't the same as the Uniqlo Vintage Chino that everyone is bangin' on about.

Might get the ones of the web shop anyways cus they're only 25 quid.

Hmm I got the ones from the UK site a while ago before they sold out. They look pretty much the same to the new batch on the UK site apart from the tag at the back of the waistband. Mine reads 'vintage chino' where the new one apears to read 'vintage classic chino' and has a diamond to the left with more text I can't read.

I think there's some confusion as to the one being on the site being the ones that everyone wants. When I called in to the NY store to do a phone order I specifically told her I want the Vintage chinos, not the Vintage flat front chinos, but the ones with the gold donut button, slim fit and herringbone pockets and she told me that IS the one on the website, even though it says "flat front". I was skeptical but I ordered anyway. When I got them they are identical to the ones taken in the picture on the front page. Detail for detail. So I say go for it.

I think there's some confusion as to the one being on the site being the ones that everyone wants. When I called in to the NY store to do a phone order I specifically told her I want the Vintage chinos, not the Vintage flat front chinos, but the ones with the gold donut button, slim fit and herringbone pockets and she told me that IS the one on the website, even though it says "flat front". I was skeptical but I ordered anyway. When I got them they are identical to the ones taken in the picture on the front page. Detail for detail. So I say go for it.

Subculture is correct; they are identical.

-Jake

finally got a chance to try these on in the store, and maybe its because i have small third world malnourished asian girl body but these did not look slim at all on me. for the record im like 5'6" and 135lbs. i think for summer alternative im gonna grab either the skinny satin jeans or the colored jeans in khaki.

finally got a chance to try these on in the store, and maybe its because i have small third world malnourished asian girl body but these did not look slim at all on me. for the record im like 5'6" and 135lbs. i think for summer alternative im gonna grab either the skinny satin jeans or the colored jeans in khaki.

I wouldn't describe the pants as skinny. At least not the way I wear them. They're slimmer than traditional chinos that companies like Dockers make, but they're not skin tight by any means. It probably doesn't help that you're about 35 lbs. lighter than me too.

I am behind eastcoast. They aren't skinny per say and if you are looking for something skinny from sufus point of view, i've seen filippa k and acne chinos which would fit that description alot better than the uniqlo vintage ones. though I have some other chinos from uniqlo (not vintage ones) that are considerably skinnier than the vintage ones. im not sure if they make them anymore though as I didnt see them last time..

The vinatge chinos are 10 dollars off

no way man, I went to uniqlo around 11:00am ish and I didnt see any vintage chino even I officially owned a pair of these back in March. I checked the entire store looking for second pair for my frds but they didnt have it.

theres MAD pairs there. the smallest they had was a 32 in the lighter khaki color. if you're fat (read: 34+) then you can have as many pairs on sale for 30 bucks.

they have the orangey khaki, the light and the black as well.

how do these match up in terms of slimness vs the jcrew classic cuts?

I've only tried on size 30 jcrews because they don't seem to carry size 29s instore, but in comparison with the 29 Uniqlo's I'd say the Uniqlo's are definitely slimmer in the thighs (the Jcrews had bad hip flare on me). However, Jcrews are more tapered.

I had some 29x32 uniqlos and the top block fit perfect but they ended up being too short. Since they're a straight leg they looked really off at that length. I wish they would have had some 29x34s when I ordered. From the sound of it I was lucky to find a 29 at all.

this thread needs more pics

also, anyone know how these compare with those gap slim fit chinos?

i just tried a pair on today...and theyre slimmer than the other chinos i tried on, but theyre still a tad looser than what i want. also, they have some weird hip flare at the pockets and the color isn't the greatest

i need the pants by tuesday, so i want thinking of making a trip down to ny, but im still not sure whether these chinos are gonna fit the bill. can anyone help me decide whether the trip will be worth the money and time? how wide are these pant legs?

i'm only 5'4-5'5 @ 120lbs so anything too wide is gonna look hideous on me and make me look fatter than i am :(

this thread needs more pics

also, anyone know how these compare with those gap slim fit chinos?

i just tried a pair on today...and theyre slimmer than the other chinos i tried on, but theyre still a tad looser than what i want. also, they have some weird hip flare at the pockets and the color isn't the greatest

i need the pants by tuesday, so i want thinking of making a trip down to ny, but im still not sure whether these chinos are gonna fit the bill. can anyone help me decide whether the trip will be worth the money and time? how wide are these pant legs?

i'm only 5'4-5'5 @ 120lbs so anything too wide is gonna look hideous on me and make me look fatter than i am :(

The hip flare you speak of comes from the on-seam pockets. UVC's have off-seam pockets (which is yet another reason why they are so dope), but will probably not be slim enough for you.