Uniqlo Vintage Chinos

doctorgnar

I stopped by the NYC flagship yesterday around 6 or so and they had a handful of sizes.

You're out of luck (at least for now) if you're smaller than a 32xWhatever, but anything larger and you're set.

Any idea when Uniqlo puts out more shit? I'm planning on stopping by every day until I can score another pair of these.

It was an epic cockblock to find that they didn't have any 29x32s, and I'm really hoping that this wasn't the last batch they're putting out.

myacademy, did it occur to you to ask the person checking for your size if they were going to restock this season?...

Of course it did.

When I got a response of, "I don't know, what we have out is all we have right now," I figured maybe asking on SuFu would get me a more educated response, perhaps based upon the staying time of past UVC stock.

I work right across the street from the Soho Uniqlo, so I've been checking several times a week since they opened. They kind of restock constantly, but it seems like the biggest restocks happen overnight on Thursday or maybe early Friday morning, making Friday around lunchtime the best time to check for new things or restocked items.

I'm definitely looking to get a pair of these. Finally, a cheap slimish pant.

-Jake

I work right across the street from the Soho Uniqlo, so I've been checking several times a week since they opened. They kind of restock constantly, but it seems like the biggest restocks happen overnight on Thursday or maybe early Friday morning, making Friday around lunchtime the best time to check for new things or restocked items.

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot dude!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a friend of mine in NYC pick up a pair in my size which I just got back from being hemmed (I know now that I can have them hemmed by her at the store for me). I am quite fond of them. Should make a good spring look. I got the darker khaki. Anyone have the black or lighter shade of khaki (ala protocol harum)?

-Jake

I was curious if the listed inseam was accurate or longer/shorter. If the 32length actually measures 32 or closer to 33 i'll be ok, but if it's really a 31 i'd be fucked. Not sure if i want to wear them shorter or with break yet. Are they still $40 or did the price go up? I think i need a pair soon in the normal khaki and navy if they have it.

I was curious if the listed inseam was accurate or longer/shorter. If the 32length actually measures 32 or closer to 33 i'll be ok, but if it's really a 31 i'd be fucked. Not sure if i want to wear them shorter or with break yet. Are they still $40 or did the price go up? I think i need a pair soon in the normal khaki and navy if they have it.

My friend was just there - they have the normal khaki and the black, as well as a lighter khaki. They were $39. I believe the come in 32 and 34 inseams.

Hope that helps.

-Jake

I was only ever able to get the lighter khaki ones but will eventually hit someone up to get the black ones, a throwback to the old gap slim fit chino days.

They make nice all-purpose pants and are immensely comfortable.

^those are the Flat front's not the Vintage ones!

I think they changed the name from season to season. My friend picked up a pair for me in NYC and those were the only ones they had. But the features match the vintage ones exactly.

-Jake

coincidentally i ordered a pair of the black flat front vintage chinos today from the UK site, only £25 should be with me tomorrow, ill post pictures.

been looking at my options for non denim trousers for a long time, i also ordered the navy utility parka, a jacket and trousers for £50! bargain!!

how do these things fit? true to size or should i size down a size for a slimmer fit? i have a 32" waist and although i don't want a fit as slim as my skulls, i want something that leans towards the slimmer side. should i get a 30" waist?

how do these things fit? true to size or should i size down a size for a slimmer fit? i have a 32" waist and although i don't want a fit as slim as my skulls, i want something that leans towards the slimmer side. should i get a 30" waist?

man i bouught these jawnz in a 32 waist...shit was extra baggy. i would go with a 30 all the way. or just not buy them at all.

1094390261_c3faae8f7f.jpg

These are the Uniqlo Vintage Chino's, the ones the first post is about.

Not the Vintage Flat Front Chino's or the Washed chino's or the ones that are currently on sale for 10 bucks or whatever.

I normally take a 32 in jeans and got these in a 32, they fit me perfect.

As you can see they fit fairly slim!

This thread is a mess!

So I hate purchasing pants on the internet or over the phone. ive had some really bad expriences with fit. But I needed some good chinos and urchased the Uniqlo joints strictly on the stregnth of this thread. The phone service was excellent and when i got em, they are easily some ofth best fitting pants I've bought and ive spent triple this amount on ill fitting pants before. These are perfect. Im definetly gonna get the light brown color and probably another pair of the khakis...at 39 dollars a piece why not.