Tattoos

can you post your tattoos headmut?

From last April.

flaking, 5 days fresh. 7 hours.

35a4ykg.jpg

a8h2q.jpg

I have had more work on it since then, about 12 hours total now. Obviously those pictures were just after it was done, so the colours hadn't completely set and scabbing was heavy. When I have a chance I will post more recent photos of this piece as well as some of my other work, Aak.

It was done by Jimmy Gobeil from Ottawa. He only does custom work. I paid $125/hour, a reasonable price for what I think is excellent work.

See for yourself:

http://www.a-dark-cloud.blogspot.com/

Hey bros, my friend is considering the image below for his first tattoo. I'd like to hear your guys feedback on how feasible you think it would be, also if you have artist recommendations who do amazing color then I'm interested in hearing that as well. Willing to travel, but NYC is closest.

tumblr_lbxppm16Ta1qb7dheo1_500.jpg

^

what stands out for me about that painting are the colours. they are very vibrant. i don't think the quite same result can be achieved with a tattoo, as tattoo ink is different from acrylic/oil paint colours.

although i've only seen her old school/americana work, i think claudia sabe at nyadorned is pretty good with colours.

From last April.

I have had more work on it since then, about 12 hours total now. Obviously those pictures were just after it was done, so the colours hadn't completely set and scabbing was heavy. When I have a chance I will post more recent photos of this piece as well as some of my other work, Aak.

It was done by Jimmy Gobeil from Ottawa. He only does custom work. I paid $125/hour, a reasonable price for what I think is excellent work.

See for yourself:

http://www.a-dark-cloud.blogspot.com/

Amazing! I'm assuming you got it when he was still at 5cent?

Hey bros, my friend is considering the image below for his first tattoo. I'd like to hear your guys feedback on how feasible you think it would be, also if you have artist recommendations who do amazing color then I'm interested in hearing that as well. Willing to travel, but NYC is closest.

it can definitely be done, i would do it with a frame around it to delineate yellows from skin tones better. I've seen stuff like this done nicely before. I think the trick is to find an artist that doesn't tattoo using hard line stencils. I guess it involves a little more free form for the lack of a better word.

Just finished session 4 of my leg piece. Some parts are still peeling...

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Haven't decided whether I'll be doing background or not. I kind of like the fact it doesn't cover the entire leg, however some clouds might look bad freaking ass... Any ideas?

cloudsexample.jpg

^Was thinking something similar to this if I did clouds...

Not mine but I thought you would enjoy this

f17ogf17og.jpg

Painterly strokes can definitely be achieved with ink... post up your pics if you get work done (:

Not mine but I thought you would enjoy this

f17ogf17og.jpg

Painterly strokes can definitely be achieved with ink... post up your pics if you get work done (:

damn, that looks real good. I'd love to get a tattoo like that, but I'm not that in love with any single painting.