hockey

julianREE

I went to the Vancouver Giants v Lewiston Maineiacs Memorial Cup game yesterday. For those who may not know, the Memorial Cup is sort of like the NCAA basketball finals but for Junior Hockey in Canada . It was one of the best hockey games I have seen in years - very fast paced and exciting. The Giants trailed 1-0 for most of the game but Panther's draft pick, Kendall McArdle tied it halfway through the third, and Bruins prospect, Wacey Rabbit, scored the winner after the Giants laid seige to the Maineiaces net. Kings prospect, Jonathan Bernier, in the Lewiston nets kept them in the game - he could really be one to watch. Anyway, I picked up tickets for the final next week in anticipation of the Giants being there.

With the finals starting tomorrow I thought it might be interesting to see who is supporting who around here. I am going for Ottawa, A) because even though there are more Canadians on the Ducks, Ottawa is at least in Canada and B) because they are the anti-Leafs, and having Ottawa reach the finals must be just killing the Leafs fans. :)

BTW - as follow up to my previous post regarding the Memorial Cup, I went the the final game today between the Vancouver Giants and the Medicine Hat Tigers. Great intense game between these two teams that have a massive rivalry having just met in the Western Hockey League finals. The Giants pulled it out in the dying minutes of the third to win their first Memorial Cup. This is a great day for Vancouver hockey fans.

BTW - as follow up to my previous post regarding the Memorial Cup, I went the the final game today between the Vancouver Giants and the Medicine Hat Tigers. Great intense game between these two teams that have a massive rivalry having just met in the Western Hockey League finals. The Giants pulled it out in the dying minutes of the third to win their first Memorial Cup. This is a great day for Vancouver hockey fans.

yes

i saw highlights of the game from sportsnet.

I wish i could have been there , but I couldnt get time off from work

anways congrats to the giants for winning their first memorial cup

• 2 weeks later...

good game, ducks definetly deserved to win. the sens duck themselves into a hole in the second with stupid penalties. congrats to the ducks for being the first west coast hockey team to win in a long time. (maybe now we'll get SOME respect...)

i don't think scott niedermeyer should've gotten the conn symthe though, mcdonald or pahlsson would've been my choice.

ducks def played a better game but i am still somehow upset...is it cuz of scotties betrayal all those years ago? is it cuz i just have something against the disney thing? is cuz i secretly want to marry ryan miller? who can tell. they won it fair and square though.

Well what do you know - Vigneault actually won. It is too bad Brodeur had such a huge year otherwise Roberto would have been a shoe-in.

yeah its nice for AV, im glad he got the jack adams. i think he and quinn are the only two canucks coaches who have won this award.

Well what do you know - Vigneault actually won. It is too bad Brodeur had such a huge year otherwise Roberto would have been a shoe-in.

it's weird that vigneault is enjoying so much success in Vancouver cause he was such an bad coach when he was in montreal. when the canucks gave him the job, everyone here was like, he's never gonna, gonna suck etc. well, i guess good for him.

i'M pretty excited about canada getting another team. with the new nhl, couple more canadian cities could now afford to get their own team. i'd love to see teams moving back to quebec city and winnipeg, i'd be really awesome.

it's weird that vigneault is enjoying so much success in Vancouver cause he was such an bad coach when he was in montreal. when the canucks gave him the job, everyone here was like, he's never gonna, gonna suck etc. well, i guess good for him..

wasnt he a nominee for the jack adams one year though when he was a coach for the canadiens?

wasnt he a nominee for the jack adams one year though when he was a coach for the canadiens?

you're right, i had totally forgotten about that. but i still don't understand how he got a nomination that year, we didn't even make the playoff (we actually didn't make the player 2 year out of 3 he was coach).