hockey

julianREE

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a good idea or not.

From TSN.ca

"The Vancouver Canucks have a new captain and his name is.. Roberto Luongo.

Luongo was named to the post on Tuesday along with alternate captains Willie Mitchell, Mattias Ohlund, Ryan Kesler.

By league rule, the Canucks goaltender cannot wear the 'C', but he can be named captain. Mitchell will be designated as the person who will deal with officials on a nightly basis.

As the longest serving Canuck, Mattias Ohlund will deal with any ceremonial aspects of the position such as faceoffs.

Last season, the Montreal native picked up 35 wins in 79 games with six shutouts.

Luongo is not the first goalie to be named captain of his team. Hall of Fame goalie Charlie Gardiner was captain of the Chicago Blackhawks when they won the Stanley Cup in 1934."

I'm a Sharks fan and I don't really know what to expect for this season. It's great the Doug Wilson got the boot, but is this new guy really gonna change things? The biggest problem with this damn team is they always burnout in the playoffs. I can usually tell within the first game of the second round if the sharks are gonna blow it.

• 2 weeks later...
Canucks looked gud last night. It will be interesting to see how they fare with the upcoming road trip.

I didn't pay much attention to the west during the off-season but people are picking the Canucks to be a contender this year...some even think cup finals???

btw Clop, did you see the Queafs beat the Red Wings?

what an unlucky goal at then end of 3rd D:

go habs go.

we ended up winning so it's all good, sorta

we have to stop going to overtime with teams of our conference, fuck giving them a point

since the habs signed George Laraque, i've been saying he would fight on his first presence, people at work actually wanted to bet with me on it. i so should have

first time on the ice, Laraque goes after thornton ;)

anyway, we're first of the division, 2nd of the conference, the cup is is Montreal for our 100th