hockey

julianREE

i think they will...theyve got that "it" factor. whod they hire???

Bob Gainey will be interim coach, which i a good thing. but I liked carbo and think it's too late in the season to fire him. I just think it's way too early to have fired him, he took a team who nobody thought would make the playoff finish first last year and wasn't doing that bad a job this year. the team has been sucking since x-mas, but still, i think gainey should have been more patient.

and let's not forget that a third of the team are leaving this summer. rumours have it that Jacques Lemaire may be convinced to take on the job, which would be awesome. let's see

but i have a feeling the final is gonna be san jose - washington althought new jersey could be a strong challenger if brodeur stays healthty

• 4 weeks later...

Although the defending Stanley Cup champs are my team who have 18 straight playoff apperances, 4 straight seasons with 50 wins and 9 seasons in a row finishing over 100 points.. I have kept an eye on the entire playoffs.

I think The Ducks look way better than The Sharks in game one (and liked it) and feel that the Boston and Montreal series is going to be a good one. I hope the hawks lose because their fans are not good hockey fans.

I also feel that Detroit winning 4 - 1 against one of the most solid goalies in the leauge without a point from Datsyk, Zetterberg or Hossa says a lot. Osgood is a playoff goalie and it will take more than Nash to break him (even more so if Lindstrom stays on him).

Good luck to you all unless you are Chicago fans because it will take at least another 50 years for a cup to be hoisted in this city where they have more to boo about than cheer.

I tried being a part time hawks fan but their fans are just wack. Going to the UC for games blows as the cubs fans up north morph into hockey fans in the off season to continue their drinking / shit talking lameness even if their team isn't a winning one.

How about Detroit? 4 - 0 shutout in game two? I just hope they survive the series without any broken wings as the Columbus knuckleheads have been taking shots. This will be the first time in seven years that the champs from the previous season make it to the second round.

Also about Ovenchkin. At the end of the reg season dude only had a handful of goals over Datsyk but took twice as many shots throughout the season.

Datsyk is the best player in the NHL imo.

I tried being a part time hawks fan but their fans are just wack. Going to the UC for games blows as the cubs fans up north morph into hockey fans in the off season to continue their drinking / shit talking lameness even if their team isn't a winning one.

Datsyk is the best player in the NHL imo.

Ok ill assume you have met all 20000+ fans in the UC at one game and all the others for the thousands of other games theyve played...:rolleyes:

Datsyuk dangles.

I managed to make it to 5 or 6 games this year and heard red wing suck chants at non red wing games. How retarded is that? That's not good hockey IMO.

But I guess when you've had years of nothing to cheer about jeering becomes your thing. Remember Chelios saying he would never play for Detroit and how he hated the city? Well the chellies chili bar in the windy city closed but there are now 3 in the greater Detroit area.