hockey

julianREE

hopefully the ducks can grind this one out and get a win. i'm afraid of the ridiculous depth that the wings have though... and datsyuk is too fast.

it seems like the ducks line is getting tired. this game is getting long and they use getzlaff, ryan, and neidermeyer too much in the beginning.

well i guess no one anticipated this 3OT game huh

Nope, caps will win. I hate crosby so much it's not even funny.

Wings/Ducks game should be a great one tonight, hopefully the refs won't decide the game like they did the last two.

i just meant last nights game.

overtime

its 2-1 now right? and one more game in Pittsburgh

another white out could make it 2-2.. who knows. i think pens

and im assuming u mean u want the wings

I meant caps will take the series, i just don't see the penguins pushing through. The Chris Kunitz cross check on Varlamov really irked me, no need for stuff like that on a goalie.

And anybody else find it absolutely ridiculous the washington was only selling tickets to people with close zip codes? I think that's straight bullshit and the NHL needs to step in.

yeah what a terrible ending to that game...the nucks outplayed them for basically 50 minutes and got the shaft.

Although Vigneault's strategy of getting the lead and then just sitting around not trying to score was never going to work, that dude is clueless

Soo happy the Hawks evened up the series it's not even funny. I went to the first game at home against the Flames, then Tuesday's game against the Canucks, and (please please) have tickets for the next round and the last home game for the cup (please please please). All right I can dream. When they canned Savard at the beginning of the season I was skeptical, but the Hawks are proving my skepticism unfounded.

why aren't americans interested in world championship? today is semifinal: russia vs usa

What channel is it being broadcasted on and what time?

EDIT: off topic but why do people think taking away rep will do something to the poster? are your feelings supposed to be hurt cause your e-karma went down? lol

If the western final ends up being between Chicago and Detroit just remember how much better Detroit played in the winter classic. In clutch situations our veterans will run you over. Look what happened to Anaheim last night.

The Penguins and Capitals are a good match up. I really like the VS commercial where it shows Olvechkin taunting Crosby. I have little tolerance for cry babies in the NHL which might explain part of my distaste for some of the Blackhawks. I like that Ladd however.

Swinging a towel over your head might be cool for fair weather fans but seeing a eight legged marine creature hucked onto the ice really lets you know who you are playing against. Did you hear those wings chants at the Honda center?

The Hawks looked pretty solid against the Wings at the end of the season in back to back victories over them. I wouldn't be too confident. It would be a grudge match, a hate fuck. Being from Detroit, I can understand why you'd sell the Hawks short.

All i hear is ranting of one team or another by you. You talk like a fucking groupie of Brett Michaels. Noone else is saying anything aside from trying to make a normal conversation. Cool Chicago's history books arent as great as Detroit's. Big fucking deal. Do you know how retarded our past head coaches have been? They finally got rid of them and look at them now... coming off 20 and 30 win seasons to the playoffs the next year, finished 42-24-12 in the regular season. Their future will be better than Detroit's, hell maybe even this playoff year will be. Detroit's "veterans" will continue to grow old and they too will hit the breaking point and have to reform, getting worse, year after year, like Chicago... Maybe not, time will tell.

Stayhandsome, you seem(ed) like a nice enough fellow, but can you please share whatever you're smoking if you really think Chicago is boring but Detroit is the place to be?

I've known a lot of Detroit transplants to Chicago, and while they all seem to enjoy visiting Detroit, or maybe going there and burning a vacant building down, I can't help but notice that they always leave.

Thank you for the kind words, Jake.

Honestly I moved to Chicago because a job payed me a lot of money to do so. The almighty doller is the reason for most transplants worldwide and some simple geography will lead you to the answer on why people move here from Michigan. I could go on and on about how different people are from city to city and why somethings are better here than there but this is a hockey thread.

To the man with the red rep..

Detroits veterans have always grown old. Winning teams get late round draft picks, we mold them with our program, team them with our veterans and produce more superstars. We've only bought one or two players Hossa being one. The reason for our continued success is a solid model franchise that all sports admire.

You can fill me with excuses on why the hawks have failed in the past and issue false prophecies of future success of a team who was almost down 3 games until their 'one goal' saved them with two minutes left. Or you could look at the facts and the names on the stanley cup and realize why the Detroit tradition is superior.

Thank you for the kind words, Jake.

Honestly I moved to Chicago because a job payed me a lot of money to do so. The almighty doller is the reason for most transplants worldwide and some simple geography will lead you to the answer on why people move here from Michigan. I could go on and on about how different people are from city to city and why somethings are better here than there but this is a hockey thread.

True enough - and it's hard to argue that the Red Wings have a more storied recent history, but the Hawks are no slouch. We really did have shitty owners although Rocky is turning it around, and interestingly hired a bunch of people who helped steer the Red Wings to their years of dominance to aid the Hawks. But that's all future speculation. You may hate on the Hawks, and as a Red Wings fan, I'd expect nothing less, but you have to give these young kids their due. Toews and Kane are a great core of a team - Toews may be only 21 but he's gonna be a poised Captain and heart of that team for years - his number will be in the rafters. So even if we do get eliminated, I can be a proud Hawks fan for this squad winning it's first playoff series since what, 1996? And for working through their post-season jitters and winning. That's what it's all about. Progression, growth, hockey.

Rant over.

I actually like the hawks and went to a few of their games this year to cheer for them. Watching them clobber the coyotes was good. In those games I found the fans to be aweful but I guess I am not used to the new breed of hockey fans. Plus I hate that stupid song they chant after every goal.

Also IMO Scotty Bowman is only helping his son who got the job in Chicago when they were hiring anybody with a last name.

I meant caps will take the series, i just don't see the penguins pushing through. The Chris Kunitz cross check on Varlamov really irked me, no need for stuff like that on a goalie.

And anybody else find it absolutely ridiculous the washington was only selling tickets to people with close zip codes? I think that's straight bullshit and the NHL needs to step in.

im pleased that this issue has come into debate.

how could it be that pens fans are neglected the chance to cheer?

just in order to gain home team adv.

step in, nhL, indeed

Those Hawks new fans - we call the Cubs fans. That is where the new audience base is mostly coming from. I am sure the fact they hired the marketing firm the Cubs have is a total coincidence.

Adding to that, Red Wings are fucking amazing at scouting. Year after year all you heard was "the wings old, they have no new talent, blah blah" then out of nowhere they bring boys up from the minors and shock everyone at how they've developed players. A prime example is 25 year old Jon Ericsson, he was the LAST draft pic, played a couple years in the minors, and in his rookie season in the NHL is being compared to a young Lidstrom, hise linemate.

Also, I love when the "let's go red wings" chant drowns out cheers at away games.