Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I've tried it. Do not underestimate the dill note, it is quite pronounced. However, once it reaches the dry-down stage, it becomes much more pleasant IMO. To answer your other question, I would say it is unisex, but veering more towards the masculine side.

yeah I agree it tends to lean more towards for men thats why I bought it after i tried the sample

I just sniffed some of the Tom Ford Private Blends. They are most excellent. My favorites are Tobacco Vanille, Amber Absolute, Oud Wood, and Neroli Portofino. Japan Noir and Tuscan Leather are just...weird.

Tobacco Vanille smells a lot like L'Artisan's Tea for Two, which is one of my favorite scents, but we'll see how long it lasts. Tea for Two doesn't last very long on me.

The only one that struck me as interesting was Oud Wood, but it's very light and doesn't last nearly long enough. The others are okay, but for the asking price, I'm not really tempted. The only one that's truly nasty is Noir de Noir...fucking gross.

Spent 3 hours in a shop called the Perfume House in Portland. Smelled a few very cool scents. Amouage Gold was beautiful, but too rich for my blood (and a little old-manish).

I nearly picked up Hermes BelAmi, and may still, but after 3 hours of smelling scents I couldn't trust myself to differentiate dead skunk from roses.

Spent 3 hours in a shop called the Perfume House in Portland. Smelled a few very cool scents. Amouage Gold was beautiful, but too rich for my blood (and a little old-manish).

I nearly picked up Hermes BelAmi, and may still, but after 3 hours of smelling scents I couldn't trust myself to differentiate dead skunk from roses.

That's a great little shop.

Amouage make some stunning scents...but a few stinkers too. And for the price, you have to REALLY love it.

Bel Ami is very nice.

Amouage make some stunning scents...but a few stinkers too. And for the price, you have to REALLY love it.

which of the Amouage Men's Scents you think is worht trying gimme?

on a diff. note (no pun intended)

anyone know anything about Shigenobu Twilight scent?

three different kinds of cedar wood as its base note!

http://www.oogaboogastore.com/shop/misc/detail/YiPeng-Shigenobu.html

kinda pricey though $100 bucks for 10ml

Re: Amouage - Jubliation and Gold.

Re: $100/10ml...if it's a very concentrated scent (pure perfume, rather an Eau de Toilette or whatever), maybe...but in this case, you're paying for the bottle (which is ugly). From the ingredients they listed, nothing stands out as being extraordinarily expensive.

The most expensive ingredient use in perfume is iris root, but even that has a ton of synthetic substitutes, and I've read recently that there are new technologies to make it much cheaper. The best, and most expensive ingredients used to are from Chanel, Patou, and Guerlain....and none of their scents run $10/ml (again, unless it's in a schmancy collector's bottle).

Re: Vetiver Tonka - not my thing either. If you're into vetivers, there are better (and cheaper). Maitre Parfumeur's Racine comes to mind. :)

bvlgari black was too floral for me, but not as flowery as givency pi. i was hoping for something darker/spicier. any recommendations?

Sounds like you want to stay with vanilla? Try L'Artisan Dzing! or, if you can find it, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Both are darker, though I wouldn't describe either as spicy, even though SDV claims to have pepper.

Anyone had tried Paco Rabanne 1 Mill?? Is it bad??

I really like the bottle.

Today, went to try Donna Karan Gold.

Really loved the scent and the bottle too, but way too feminine. Like putting big lily in front of your face.

I love DK Gold...I admit, it's a bit girly, but whatevs...I wear it anyway.

Any suggestions for something nice that might be somewhat comparable to Vera Wang for men?

Were is the best place to purchase Serge Lutens samples?

Thanks

Any suggestions for something nice that might be somewhat comparable to Vera Wang for men?

Were is the best place to purchase Serge Lutens samples?

Thanks

I don't think I've tried Vera Wang for Men..

For Lutens samples, it depends on which you want (Paris exclusives, etc.)

www.theperfumedcourt.com will have everything, but costly.

www.luckyscent.com will have the export line.

I don't think I've tried Vera Wang for Men..

For Lutens samples, it depends on which you want (Paris exclusives, etc.)

www.theperfumedcourt.com will have everything, but costly.

www.luckyscent.com will have the export line.

Next time you are at a store that sells it sample it. I would really like some suggestions from you. Excellent, those were the two online shops I was looking at. Thanks

lets see if i can explain this the way it sounds in my head...

im looking to buy some cologne for my guy and want something not totally expected but not totally out there.

manly yet fresh and sexy... help?

also, im on a budget of sorts. thanks!

lets see if i can explain this the way it sounds in my head...

im looking to buy some cologne for my guy and want something not totally expected but not totally out there.

manly yet fresh and sexy... help?

also, im on a budget of sorts. thanks!

How about Cartier Declaration...not too expensive, a bit raunchy in the beginning with the cumin, but otherwise very wearable.

I really regret buying Eau de Cartier Concentree,

should have bought normal version.

Smelled so diffferent on paper.

Everything seems so strong and extra-synthetic in the concentree version.

The drydown smells similar to some cheap room spray.

any one tried Burger King Flame? pretty amazing stuff

I read about it...do you actually get it at BK?

I really regret buying Eau de Cartier Concentree,

should have bought normal version.

Smelled so diffferent on paper.

Everything seems so strong and extra-synthetic in the concentree version.

The drydown smells similar to some cheap room spray.

The Concentree is good...but I prefer the regular.

You can always try to sell stuff you don't like on this website:

http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/

Sampled Russian Caravan Tea and Patchouli Empire yesterday. RCT was great, very casual and complex, but the longevity was left to be desired. PE was an animal...I might wear it, but definitely not to the office or somewhere dressy!

Is there a CB that caters well to a hot tropical night?