Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

That's too bad that everyone's so unimpressed with Play...I've yet to try it still.

I really like the Sherbet series in the summer too. Everything in the Red series is pretty heavy, but I still think they could be worn in the summer. Sequoia was my staple for the longest time...but be careful...its STRONG. I was told that people knew I was coming before they could even see me!

they have a oil based thats a higher concentration and a alcohol version...

the OIL (which is the one that probably makes you sick) lasts for about 8-9 hours...

I think you may have misinterpreted. The first link is for an Eau de Parfum, which means the concentration of oil to alcohol is higher than the 2nd link, which is an Eau de Toilette.

Eau de Parfum's usually contain about 20% oil, and 80% alcohol/water. Eau de Toilette's usually contain 5-15% oil. Pure Parfum's (or Extrait de Parfum) contain approximately 60-80% oil, and the remainder is alcohol/water or silicone. Eau de Cologne are usually below 5%, and aftershave even lower than that.

BTW - by oil, I mean the pure ingredients of the perfume: synthetic and natural fragrance oils.

I hope that clarifies things for you...I wouldn't want you to think that you're getting a solely oil-based product when it in fact contains a major amount of alcohol. There are ocassional oil-based fragrance products out there...but rarely for men. The only one I've seen in recent years is the new Narcisso Rodriguez Musk Oil.

yeah, she explained there was more alcohol in the EDT vs the EDP

i think i was just screwing up being lazy with my replys. sorry :(

Still looking for a not-too-strong vanilla smell, something warm and wintery.

Has anyone smelt either Ruehl's men's or womens cologne. My ex used to wear it and it was an extreme turn-on, but I dont know if it was from Ruehl, I'm guessing cause she used to work there.

just picked up the silver shadow altitude by davidoff @ the narita duty free aiport store... is a really mellow scent for casual use... not strong that it will sting your nose, but is strong enough that people around will notice it.