mike lowrey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good call on wu.

more of a 94 man.

not quite there yet chaps. oh, actually we are!

<--------------

B0000029GA.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1994 was dope. ready to die (my first rap record), southernplayalistic, pete and CL, meth and red, resurrection..

Swervedriver - Mezcal Head

Slowdive - Souvlaki

Teenage Fanclub - Thirteen

Matthew Sweet - Altered Beast

Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne

However, when I was 13, it was all about...

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Pearl Jam - Vs.

Nirvana - In Utero

Urge Overkill - Saturation

Radiohead - Pablo Honey

... not so much anymore though.

I guess we have to talk about 1994 now given lowrey's post count.

902.jpg

133.jpg

94 was good to me.

This was the year that I had my first bone broken.

Picture this:

AzN8oi was a kindergarten student at Roosevelt Elementary School in San Gabriel, CA. He was a fat little boy, almost rotund in shape fat-boy.jpg,

and decided that he wanted to be one of the cool kids that could climb up one of these toys2.jpg,

except 4' tall, made of concrete, and much bigger. However, AzN8oi couldn't climb up this contraption because he was too heavy and weak to do it!

BUT!! one day, after spending 10 minutes of a 20 minute recess STRUGGLING to climb up, AzN8oi finally did it! topfatty.jpg

That boy was so happy to have done it for the first time.

The sad thing is, this was happened before of the era of "liability for EVERYTHING" in a school playground.The concrete tube was located 2' from the entrance/exit of some monkeybars

94595WCeb_w.jpg

1993 also coincides with the half-year anniversary of the release of 3 Ninjas, the story of 3 white suburban kids with a mother who is supposedly the daughter of GRANDPA, the Japanese ninja karate champ. These 3 amazingly talented white boys then run into a Home Alone type situation where they have to kick some ass with ninja stars!

7657-1.jpg

SO ANYWAYS. AzN8oi is sitting on top of the tube topfatty.jpg just enjoying himself, when all of a sudden his classmate José (I'll never forget) screams out on the top of his lungs, while SWINGING on the monkeybars, "I'M A 3 NINJAAAAAAAAAAA!" and proceeds to use TWO FEET in a perpendicular angle to kick AzN8oi off the tube. AzN8oi lands like such:

fallingloser.jpg

and broke his right arm.

He then cried in the classroom for 20 minutes until his mother picked his 5 year old ass up and brought him to the hospital to get a cast. Then I didn't go to school for like a month straight, and my mom tried to sue José, but in the end nothing happened I think.

Oh, and this story would probably belong to the "worst pain i've ever felt" thread.

how many 94 albums were posted before this...shameful!

got an honourable mention from me :cool: I think I bought it in in 95 though, but anyways it was my first rap album, hell of a lot of memories.

<-----------

B000002WU9.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpgB000002WR5.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpgB00000294R.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00000052Y.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpgB000003TB6.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpgB0000013GF.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg