Skateboarders: What are you riding?

weirdnjfan1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah reds rule...they're the only way to go unless you're willing to shell out for swiss...

I've always wanted to try the Bones Swiss Ceramics, but I figured unless you're skating on super smooth surface the difference between regular Swiss and the ceramics would be negligible. Plus I couldn't imagine dropping $100+ on bearings.

people have been popping off shields for soooo long, it's kind've the classic thing to do, esp. w/swiss, but i just can't get down with it... too much grime, water and humidity where i'm at

swiss for life! i've had the same bearings for like, 4 years now and no problems. gotta pop the shields off though! no sheilds lets the dirt and crap fall out, plus they make a better noise!

I'm on an DNA kick right now (just got off my extended DLX kick.)

-habitat 8 inch

-indy

-swiss

-bones wheels

-same risers from my very first board forever ago

how do so many of you skate such small wheels. anything under 55 feels like i'm using all my energy just to get there. i'd rather just cruise. been skating 57-60mm spitfires since i realized skateboarding is all about fun

though i do mainly skate cement

a year? i go thru a new deck every 2 weeks or so

we're not all as crazy as you man haha.

but yea right when i got this deck, i basically stopped skating and just cruised around. on top of that this is one of my favorite so i try not to fuck it up as much as possible haha. my friends are tryin to get me back in to skate so imma just buy me a blank deck.

super old setup - havent skated really in like 3 or 4 year, gonna get back into it

Shortys 7.38

Destructos

worldinsdustries padzzz

element featherlights 54

black panthers(?)

gotta pop the shields off though! no sheilds lets the dirt and crap fall out, plus they make a better noise!

Yeah, but sometimes tiny rock particles (and whatever else is in the streets) can ding the ball bearings and make them not roll as well.

I feel like you have to clean bearings with the shields removed more often, but they go faster because of it.

I'm just getting back into skating and I'm finally back on track to being decent at it. My board is pretty ghetto two of the screws for my hardware fell off while I was skating. :eek:

Cheap-o active deck 7.5"

Tensors

Swiss bones? I'm really not sure.

Wheels, I have no idea.

just got some ace trucks...... :D

ride like some mid 90s indys... nice and high. i actually could skate and not constantly get wheelbite last night for the first time since indy started making the stage 9s.

ace+bones bushings=perfect turning

cairo foster enjoi 7.75

independents

mini logos (i think? something cheap)

I need a new deck, I've been skating enjoi for a loooong time, not sure what else I wanna try. My friend has a plan b deck I liked, but I might just stick to enjoi, I like the shape of their decks a lot.