Skateboarders: What are you riding?

weirdnjfan1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion the only legit wheels are white, classic-shaped, non-cored wheels, preferably spitfires. anything else is pretty much just a gimmick. same goes for trucks: indy's or ventures. gotta swap out them tensors quick!

+1000000... only indys and spitfires for me

Every time I buy spitfires they flatspot super quick, but for some reason, I keep buying them. I totally agree on the indys though, unbeatable.

You can avoid flatspots by putting your wheels in the freezer for a few days before you ride em...gotta disagree and say venture lows, indys are too heavy.

last setup i had was a girl guy marian deck, destructo trucks, supersoft evol wheels and swiss bones (I think).. i think i forgot it in some friends car and after a couple of years all i could find was the destructos.....

evol wheels???? i haent seen anything by them since 96 i think... evol as in evol that was originally h-street?

Worst board I ever bought: Alien Workshop..........holy shit.

missed this. one of the best boards ive ever had was an aws... but it was also a prototype they sent to kalis, and it was too wide for him so he gave it to me. ive never bought one tho.

best board ever... ricky oyolas first or second pro model for zoo... it wsa maybe 8.125X32... i loved it. the shape was perfect, and it lasted forever. it made me buy zoo exclusivly for about 3 years

i like the concave... but not on a skinny deck. if i remember, when those decks came out they had the bici and some guy from boston with the 7.5 , hickey hunter and pang had 7.75, and oyola had a 8 or 8.25. all the decks had the same concave it seemed, with the bigger decks having more flat in the middle of the deck.

the thing i always liked was the shape of the nose. it was nice and wide, almost squared off. i cant stand pointy noses or tails.

Hah, well, 3rd nice week of weather in a row... and I rescind my statement about Cliches.

Smashed that fucker on a backside heelflip down a fiver.

Foot probably landed 2 inches behind the back bolts, and the son of a bitch shattered.

...which sucks, because that was the closest I came to sticking that all day, haha.

Now I'm skating some silly paisley Mystery deck because it was the only 7.5 my shop had at the time.

On the truck front, I used to put Ventures on every setup I had (I'm talking yearsss), until I cracked my first kingpin. Just so happens Tensors were the new truck out, so I hooked up a pair of those. I mean, yeah, its gimmicky, but if you're doing bluntslides, you feel how much more buttery it is. You don't get that lovely sound, but it feels so right.

And yeah, I'm all in for the blank 50mm white wheels. Anything else would be uncivilized (and too expensive).

Edit: My first deck was a Zoo York Jeff Pang Tigerbomb mini, and I loved the shit out of it. I think I cried when the garbageman stole it off my lawn.

Plan B and basically any products from Syndrome Distribution are pure crap. I work for a skateshop that distributes Syndrome products and their quality on decks, trucks, clothing, etc is all horrible. They might have a sick team, but they really don't give shit about quality. The shop I work for always recieves fucked up decks, shirts with misprints, missing trucks...

Plan B and basically any products from Syndrome Distribution are pure crap. I work for a skateshop that distributes Syndrome products and their quality on decks, trucks, clothing, etc is all horrible. They might have a sick team, but they really don't give shit about quality. The shop I work for always recieves fucked up decks, shirts with misprints, missing trucks...

I would imagine most people who don't know any better buy boards because of the team.

Pretty much the only boards I mess around with are DLX, AWS, Vehicle, and 5Boro.

not him... someone else. gangemi is the man tho.

The only other person I can think of that was on Zoo and from MA is Zered Bassett, but he's not from Boston though. He grew up the next town over from me, used to skate with him all the time. (Also I don't think he had a pro model out when Pang, Bici, etc. were riding for Zoo)

Gangemi's the real deal. Real nice guy, and a damn good skateboarder. He used to kill Boston along with guys like Steve Nardone and Vanik Hacobian. Haven't seen those guys in years though.

• 3 months later...