coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

I don't know what I did wrong with my Bodum. Everyone told me how great the coffee is, but I didn't feel there was anything noticeably better than drip coffee especially in relation to effort. Plus, despite what they claim, it was always a son of bitch to clean (and before people chime in, I did get my beans coarsely ground).

Of course, I just broke the pot on my auto, so out of necessity Ill have to give it another go soon.

I don't know what I did wrong with my Bodum. Everyone told me how great the coffee is, but I didn't feel there was anything noticeably better than drip coffee especially in relation to effort. Plus, despite what they claim, it was always a son of bitch to clean (and before people chime in, I did get my beans coarsely ground).

Of course, I just broke the pot on my auto, so out of necessity Ill have to give it another go soon.

Are you asking for help?

Local spot just discontinued the beans that monkeys shit out. Apparently they weren't selling enough of it. I couldn't work up the stones to try it in time...has anyone tasted this stuff?

Local spot just discontinued the beans that monkeys shit out. Apparently they weren't selling enough of it. I couldn't work up the stones to try it in time...has anyone tasted this stuff?

hey wahts the deal with this stuff? i saw it at a nice restaurant and it was like 40 something bucks for some coffee brewed from monkey shit. i wonder how did this kind of coffee even become discovered in the first place

my new addiction is starbucks' iced venti americano with toffee nut pumps.

I know, starbucks, but whatever

i like 1 pump vanilla half pump hazelnut in a 12oz with 2x doubles. only ever drank those during the 4 months that i worked at a starboners though

hey wahts the deal with this stuff? i saw it at a nice restaurant and it was like 40 something bucks for some coffee brewed from monkey shit. i wonder how did this kind of coffee even become discovered in the first place

Can't imagine the stages of curiosity that would even lead to it. Kind of like bread or liquor in that way I suppose. I really wish I had tried it while I had the chance. It's the only time I've seen it pop up in Mpls. The cafe owner said it had a sweet, rich, fermented flavor because the husk is digested off and the raw bean is exposed to digestive acids and such.

um, this is kind of a tangent, but does anybody know anything about teas? i'm trying to wean myself from my (sweet sweet) coffee addiction to something good for myself like green tea, but...the caffeine kick just isn't there with the jasmine i've been forcing myself to drink. any advice supercoffeefiends? thx~!

Only tea I drink with any regularity is matcha. It's a powdered green tea which you mix directly with hot water and dissolve. Depending on the leaf you use it can be super thick and kind of overbearing, or just nice and frothy. Has a really intense flavor in my opinion, at least compared to other teas. Kind of pricey, and you need special stuff to prepare it, but for a coffee nerd it's nothing new.

Also I dig London Fogs which are kind of a earl grey latte. I know Starbucks does them now.

Umm, Moroccan mint tea is really, really good the few times I've had.

I never got into coffee, not even in college. It saved me a ton of money and I admittedly had to laugh at all my classmates who would complain about "being broke" yet still would walk into the room with a $5 Starbucks or equivalent every day. I'm not a tea drinker either. My eco mug gets filled with ice water every day.

I never got into coffee, not even in college. It saved me a ton of money and I admittedly had to laugh at all my classmates who would complain about "being broke" yet still would walk into the room with a $5 Starbucks or equivalent every day. I'm not a tea drinker either. My eco mug gets filled with ice water every day.

and you're in the coffee thread because....?

um, this is kind of a tangent, but does anybody know anything about teas? i'm trying to wean myself from my (sweet sweet) coffee addiction to something good for myself like green tea, but...the caffeine kick just isn't there with the jasmine i've been forcing myself to drink. any advice supercoffeefiends? thx~!

Really good, fresh Earl Grey is hard to beat.

Really good, fresh Earl Grey is hard to beat.

sources? thanks! i caved in today and went to my university's awesome independent coffee shop, the art of espresso at ucsandiego .... http://artofespresso.com/

so good~

sources? thanks! i caved in today and went to my university's awesome independent coffee shop, the art of espresso at ucsandiego .... http://artofespresso.com/

so good~

Teavana honestly has the best Earl Grey around here. I hate to not support smaller shops, because really, any fresh loose leaf is going to be very nice. However, Teavana's blend has particularly strong black tea, and the bergamot is very full flavored compared to all others I've tried. Earl Grey can be some corny stuff if it isn't good.

What machines are you guys using? The boiler went in my Rancilio Silvia and has been quoted a fair bit to fix so I'm now on the lookout for a new machine..

for home espresso we have a la marzocco Linea single group

for drip at home I either use a bodum or an aeropress, nothing can beat the ease of a bodum, nor the cleanliness in the cup that an aeropress offers. Hella cheap too

• 2 weeks later...

Down in Melbourne this past weekend. I fucking love the cafe culture in Melbourne. A random sampling of the dozen or so cafes we checked out each day;

Jaspers on Brunswick St

img3276f.jpg

Read 2666 for a few hours at Journal in the CBD (right next to the library)

img3282r.jpg

img3308z.jpg

Alley cafes

img3284r.jpg

St Ali

img3307o.jpg

where I got this especially delicious short pour macchiato from the Guatemalan "coffee of the day".

img3304z.jpg

Somebody recommend me good Superfuture® approved coffee shops in Chicago. I'm missing my old college coffee cart. The last time I was there I tipped like $10 bucks because I loved them so much. :(