what are you eating today?

soepom

yo mah aznz, someone invite your favorite mightster over so he can feast on some of this shit. all hes got is faux chinese take out and japanese steak houses over here.

you are always welcome over here man, anytime.

strangely enough "faux" chinese take out and japanese steak houses are the two things I miss very very much. I swear they put opium in beef and broccoli. i was addicted to that shit; this coming from a trueblue.

so on friday night, we went to eminem for my mum's birthday.

they do modern turkish cuisine, and have been one of the hottest tickets in town ever since they opened a few years ago. unfortunately, last night was their final night - they are closing down forever due to the chef having some personal issues to deal with. im actually pretty upset about it....they are without a doubt, one of the best restaurants in both, and one of the best i've dined in, anywhere in the world.

i never would have thought that turkish food could taste so good....im sure a lot of the dishes look very simple - ie. pretty basic salads and meat dishes - but they have to be tasted to be believed. the quality of the produce they use is astounding.

they do offer a la carte (or at least they used to), but we always go for the tasting menu. at $65 a head, it's great value. you start off with olives and fetta, before turkish bread and dips, and a series of vegetarian and meat-based entrees. for the mains, you have a large selection of vegetarian dishes, plus fish, chicken, lamb, veal and whatever else the chef feels like dishing up on the night. dessert is baklava, and usually another (we had a chocolate, orange and coconut slice)....plus tea/coffee etc (the tea there is turkish apple tea).

the cocktails in the first pic were amazing....unlike anything i've ever had before, you can definitely taste the middle eastern flavours - ie. some of the spices they used etc. the other drinks are moet et chandon champagne, and a 1991 mount mary quintet carbenets....fucking amazing.

enough rambling for now.....RIP eminem.

eminem140907coldfood.jpg

eminem140907hotfood.jpg

eminem140907drinksanddessert.jpg

I can't believe this thread is so 'hot'.

HA.

Made it back.

Elks intact.

I had to pack all this into two little bags and gun it to the airport in 20mins.

sahlan_loot.JPG

Imma Imma Imma hussssltah... HA

FUCK I need sleep.

Dinner was chill. Hot tits n' steaming buns. And I'm easy.