what are you eating today?

soepom

Word... When I'm too cheap to take a taxi home after a night of clubbing, I walk past a bakery on the way from the bus stop to my house. If it's 4AM or so, then I can smell the scent of all kind of stuff being baked while walking past. It makes the walk so much more bearable.

do you walk in to buy something? or are they not open for business yet? no matter how full i am, when i walk past a bakery with the scent of freshly baked bread wafting out... i just wanna go in to buy something.

getting alot of imageshack in that link... scrolled through and saw this, made me laugh

Details: Jollibean (Marina Square)

Notes: Not Jollibee. :/

also this sounds really good: Lychee snow cone drink

Haha. A fellow Filo I see?

Yup too much imageshack but I post too many pics to put it on my blog.

The lychee was delicious, but I preferred the mango canang.

and we DIDN'T get to have crab 'cos the restaurant ran out! Sheer blasphemy! :mad:

jazzdogs518.jpg

jazzdogs519.jpg

jazzdogs520.jpg

jazzdogs524.jpg

jazzdogs522.jpg

jazzdogs525.jpg

stir-fried kailan

mantou (chinese fried bread)

black pepper crayfish

sambal (chilli) crayfish

steamed black garoupa

butter-fried prawns

and a dessert of lychees and almond jelly to end the meal.

jazzdogs526.jpg

at soepom's request, here are some shitty cameraphone pictures of dim sum.

img091.jpg

the usual, pork buns and shrimp dumplings

img093.jpg

tripe anyone?

img094.jpg

and at the end, some fried curry rice with shrimp, scallops, and bits of gai lan. yum

excuse the poor photography, it was good though.

I would fucking kill for dim sum right now. The har gau looks sooo good!

no she is a teacher but she bakes everyday....

edit:

it needs to be said again: thanks soepom for this thread!

you're welcome tall boy. *curtseys*.

whilst my mum is a fabulous cook, it's enviable how yours cooks up a storm like that EVERYDAY. consistency is key man.

plongin you're gonna fuckin OD on ramen man. gotta rehabilitate you on other tasty shite elsewhere. that said, i forgot to mention the japanese cook with the towel tied around his head is kinda cute. yumm.

sl*t i thought your bf sick? how come can still binge on so much stuffs?

no pics cos i didn't have dinner tonight. i had my fair share of carbohydrates in the form of free beer though.

plongin you're gonna fuckin OD on ramen man. gotta rehabilitate you on other tasty shite elsewhere. that said, i forgot to mention the japanese cook with the towel tied around his head is kinda cute. yumm.

he's already OD-ed.. fool. hahahaha.

im hungry. i dont like you soepom, this stupid thread always makes me hungry.

^Whats in that? Looks like a quiche but in a pot? Looks delicious.

Great food pics everyone, I'm feel like I'm putting on the kilos just by looking at them.

^Whats in that? Looks like a quiche but in a pot? Looks delicious.

Great food pics everyone, I'm feel like I'm putting on the kilos just by looking at them.

pogi - i put the name in the title of my post, but it's not the easiest to see, i guess :)

it's a french onion soup. not very soupy - more like a casserole - but quite tasty!

pogi - i put the name in the title of my post, but it's not the easiest to see, i guess :)

it's a french onion soup. not very soupy - more like a casserole - but quite tasty!

Yes, I saw the name of it but I was curious of the ingredients, how it is served, etc.

Looks very tasty indeed. :o

midnight snack --- spinach pizza

(from the place i told you about plong...)

479044922_e3cf3bf85c.jpg

awww man. i love good pizza. and i love spinach pizza. I miss this new jersey joint of mine called lou's, who makes great pizzas with any topping at your request.

i won't OD. moderation, just like consistency, is the key. and thats why im retiring from the ramen place for about.......a week at least.

and they all wear towels on their heads (not in the turban way), even backinthetrees wears towels on his head sometimes (ok, bandana, but looks same same) , i dunno which one ur referring to. and i dont pay attention to men.

he's already OD-ed.. fool. hahahaha.

im hungry. i dont like you soepom, this stupid thread always makes me hungry.

shut up.

plongin you're some crazy mo'fo. and rich too.

crazy maybe; not rich.

felix that spinach pizza looks like the perfect thing to go with a couple of pints. mmm. it's such a waste you don't even drink beer!!!!!

snugglepony i love anything with onion...and the casserole looks delightful...with all the slightly burnt edges.

backinthetrees i feel the lurve... :)

mum had 2 colleagues over for labour day lunch. it's amazing what four women can stomach. brace yourselves people...

wayet0501sm1.jpg

wayet0501blg5.jpg

black pepper crab

cereal prawn

baked slipper lobster

seafood tofu fritters

salmon sashimi

spinach noodles with mushroom

coffee ribs

wayet0501cal7.jpg

wayet0501dmm9.jpg

dessert was this old school superwobbly jelly, with different flavours layered! (to be differentiated from the stiffer agar agar variety). the taste of my childhood!

p.s does anyone know why i encounter a "database error" screen when i try to access my private messages on sufu? this hasn't happened before and i haven't been able to rectify it since last night.

yeeeees soepom....i mean you know i dont like fish or seafood in general but your mom definetly knows how to cook up a storm too :)

pics of todays lunch and teatime later.....expect more cake!

oh and the pm you cant read is mine soepom...

backinthetrees i feel the lurve... :)

online love is sadlove. you need to meet me to get some REAL nature lovin' hahaha

plongin's always going on about how i should get new "towels". hater.

my free madhectic one is how awesome.

felixxx. the pizza's size looks pretty awesome. i'm trying to go on a no meat diet for now. yay.

plongin's always going on about how i should get new "towels". hater.

my free madhectic one is how awesome.

quote]

yeah its awesome, but not so awesome when u have nothing else to rotate it with. unless you're trying to get some cool fading going on, BUY a second one.

felix that spinach pizza looks like the perfect thing to go with a couple of pints. mmm. it's such a waste you don't even drink beer!!!!!

what's a german that doesn't drink beer?

and guess what.... i had a beer with my pizza

ok, there's no such thing then.

such madness... this thread is truly alive, and voracious. ok this is my humble contribution.

home-cooked dinner today, "3 course meal!"

antipasti

steak001sa3.jpg

ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip

cream of mushroom soup

entrée

steak002yg7.jpg

steak with button mushroom

asparagus and toasted taters with herbs and mozzarella

steak005rr3.jpg

steak is done medium rare, just the way i like it

dessert