what are you eating today?

soepom

cchen those wagyu beef sliders look amazing, i'm sure they're delicious.

kauflust what the hell is a "morrel"?

forgot to post pics of last night's party food

hs2036ou5.jpg

cupcakes, macaroons, marshmallows with chocolate fountain

supper tonight, after a jog

hs2037fk5.jpg

warm ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a dollop of butter

scrambled eggs

valhalla and sl*t, glad to see that you lot are still eating well. "i too have an uncle..."

breakfast at home

wayet0422brekxj3.jpg

salad with mango, cheddar, asparagus wrapped in instant roti-prata, and swedish tea

skipped lunch but had a snack instead

wayet0422lunchcn9.jpg

cheap and good hotdog with mustard and ketchup, and my favourite alcoholic drink kopparberg pear cider (neh ni neh ni boo boo!)

supper

wayet0422supperlj2.jpg

fried tofu, ikan bilis (anchovies) in lemon and chilli padi, red wine over many games of magnetic hangman! the words that almost got us today - pariah (again) and curfew

dinner was massive so will make that a separate post.

celebrating birthday for mei the chilli fiend with killer (piano) chops.

there was too much food to fit on the table, and the camera frame...

wayet0422arl9.jpg

wayet0422bpl2.jpg

myriad starters including kimchi, tofu, spinach, cold seaweed soup...

bbq marinated beef, ox tongue, pork collar, eel, chicken...

spicy cold noodles, ginseng chicken...and things i don't recall due to drunken stupor

lots to drink too

wayet0422cdn8.jpg

bek se ju, ginger tea with pine nuts, korean tea

wayet0422dhe3.jpg

wayet0422evx4.jpg

magic hand towels that expand upon water stimulus - was originally told they were dinner mints and almost ingested one...

how do singaporeans stay so skinny? i'd tell you, but then i'd have to kill you. but not without feeding you first of course ;)

soepom, stinky tofu for supper?

Pogi, the secret to metal chopsticks is the JUST RIGHT amount of sweat to grip ahaah

Haven't posted here in a while. Crappy dinner tonight:

- Mr.Brown Blue Mountain coffee (gooooood shit), chinese bbq and rice, superfuture

mrbrownwv8.jpg

I've got a Mr. Brown Coffee - Caramel Macchiato Coffee drink next to me right now.

"Life begins with Mr. Brown", faux pas ?

supper

wayet0422supperlj2.jpg

this place looks familiar... with the fried tofu and chili dip. holy shit the korean BBQ, where is this place? looks like a feast for korean warriors. and damn those magic hand towels! cra-zi!

DUM carl's jr. is definitely worth the travel. go when you're almost dying from starvation, then go all out and be barbaric while eating the burgers and shit. after that you can have either puking or having grease coming out of your ears as options.

axtsang this is not stinky tofu, this is just regular tofu battered and deep fried. and judging by those hands, they most probably belong to an ang moh so it's unlikely he'll be anywhere close to a plate of stinky tofu.

pogi the metal chopsticks are traditional korean cutlery. you can't have authentic korean fare without shoving food in your face with those metal chopsticks.

axtsang, valhalla: you need sweat to grasp them? eewwww. I know its traditional but so slippery! I tend to ask the ladies for a spoon and fork.

Then they give me the look.

Like whenver I ask for a spoon and fork in any Asian restaurant, with my being Asian, they give me the WTF? You're Asian! You should be able to know how to use chopsticks automatically stoopid!

^ pogi haha i didn't say you need sweaty hands to be able to wield traditional korean chopsticks. it's tricky, but i actually like the weight of the metal chopsticks.

yeah... you're asian, you absolutely must know your chopsticks. oriental food (including japanese and korean) just isn't the same without them.

lunch today

wayet234in1.jpg

good old school dry prawn mee with lots of chili

only SGD2! that's like USD1.40!

Just to prove that I don't always have to eat gourmet...

Dinner yesterday

P1030553.jpg

P1030557.jpg

P1030548.jpg

That lurvely cheap prawn 'n bacon pasta from the secret place again and some rojak (a kind of local salad/relish dish). I did however polish off a bottle of Pinot Grigio...

Lunch today...

P1030562.jpg

Nasty Mackers meal (was hungry and on the run)

Dins was really good takeaway prawn dumpling noodle (SGD3).

P1030566.jpg

some kinda chicken rice (which sucked...) and chicken puffs

total 6.50SGD

469788216_b3727b2ea5.jpg

think i'll get me some ice-cream now...

hey man, why not contact me and i'll bring you to get some real singaporean food. we can check out some cool joints too.

Valhalla, you in Singapore? I'm moving to Singapore in a few weeks for my summer internship and am hoping to hit up Iggy's, Les Amis, and Humble House, as well as the various street food places

@valhalla /sl*t

didn't bring anything to singapore...i wanted to bring loads of chewing gum but i got scared..didn't wanted to start the vacation with gettin busted at customs :(

regret it now..absolutely no controls went off the plane 20 min later i sat in a cab on my way to the hotel

next time...

Valhalla, you in Singapore? I'm moving to Singapore in a few weeks for my summer internship and am hoping to hit up Iggy's, Les Amis, and Humble House, as well as the various street food places

yeah i am. when you get here just drop me a pm, i can bring you around.

felix haha actually i'm not even a fan of chewing gum. it made little difference they banned it or not. but damn you could've brought cartons of cigs. anyway hit me with a pm if you're still here. we can meet up or something.