what are you eating today?

soepom

Brindle Room / Wonder City Donuts

ede58035.jpg

906c1a09.jpg

Choc hazelnut donut with pour over coffee.

Donut was really greasy, and very small for $2. Wouldn't recommend. Pour over coffee was next level though. Holy shit. It was like the difference between Pappy 18 and Makers. Smooth as silk but all the right flavors. Will have to repost in coffee threak bc that waitress swagged out those grinds.

Beef stew for dinner today, I decided. Asparagus soup earlier to knock out this huge bag of asparagus I got.

(color looks weird on my iPhone but it was a more appealing pale green in person =\ )

116mmau.jpg

1pwm8n.jpg

Those waffles look unreal.

Back to school, back to cooking. One of my favorite quick dishes I created screwing around with leftover ingredients. Pasta with tomatoes, mushrooms, great northern beans, garlic, spinach, fresh basil, red pepper. Olive oil and black pepper on top. The sauteed beans make the dish really creamy.

5572685615_5c0db92f1c_z.jpg

Spicy Pepper Chicken from Maple Garden in Eugene

deceivingly spicy.. i was definitely sweating from my face a third of the way into it

5578632957_b933255090_z.jpg

for sure - i'm just used to going to restaurants that say a particular dish is spicy and warn you about it by putting like, a chili pepper next to it on the menu. DAT SHITS NEVER SPICY

this on the other hand. jeah

Over the past few days... Lunch a couple of times at my local sandwich shop.

img0220w.jpg

img0221b.jpg

And some awesome tofu fajitas and pork chile verde at a local Mexican spot. Good mexican is hard to find in Sydney. Habanero sauce was hot as hell and so fruity.

img0224jq.jpg

img0225i.jpg

^ mmmm want those....

last few portland pics, orange and caraway sweet bread swg3kz.jpg

hazelnut and chocolate pie holes, moonpie

jb38z7.jpg

back in la, my sister wanted to try cook's tortas. pork/garlic mojo, veggie/unbelievable cheese (grilled, then put in the sandwich), skirt steak/chorizo/spicy guacamole, and something with steak that i don't remember.

wlzklf.jpg

and strawberry cream cheese empanaditas

16aseb9.jpg