what are you eating today?

soepom

made steak, asparagus, red potatoes, & mushrooms the other night with the cousins.

1802625069_fdebb6f7cd.jpg

and watched murphy get his limbs blown off(they extended the scene in the blu ray version)

1802625081_652d5d3587.jpg

Have you grilled some white asparagus together and served a steak on top of it. Dee-licious. Find the youngest, most tender white asparagus you can get your hands on. You barely even need to cook the stuff.

lunch at home:

wayet1031iv8.jpg

it's halloween and i didn't need a costume 'cos i'm already evil - i told mum i'm having friends over for dinner and demanded she made a halloween themed dinner.

actually, i lie. my mum wanted to make a halloween themed dinner, and demanded i invited some friends over.

wayet1031ahq2.jpg

the macabre meal

wayet1031bte4.jpg

severed chicken carcass roast, deep fried paper ingot offerings, bloody mash

wayet1031cbp3.jpg

wayet1031dlc1.jpg

toxic (green pea) soup

wayet1031emm9.jpg

cocktail fingers

wayet1031fxw8.jpg

dessert was konyaku jelly eyeballs

lights out!

wayet1031gdf4.jpg

Ah, how I've missed this thread. Getting my stock exchange licence has kept me busy.

Being Good Food Month in Sydney, I should naturally post some pictures of the wonderful Sugar Hits I had recently. Basically involves hotels around the CBD offering a special desert from 9-11pm together with a glass of cognac or wine for $20. Last year it was $15, but still, how could I resist!

Intercontinental

20071019intercontinental.jpg

Caramel Walnut Cognac Slice, Triple Chocolate Hennessey Pyramid, Passionfruit & Strawberry Gelee.

Westin

20071029westinSH1.jpg

Orange Muscat and Flora Served with Seasonal Berries in Aloe Vera Jelly With Citrus Curd and Pineapple Mousse. This was sublime.

Shangri-la

20071031shangrilaSH.jpg

Rhubarb & White Chocolate gelato, 70% Excellence macaron with raspberry ganache and Roast Banana gianduja mousse on a coconut crisp.

20071031shangrilaSHdrinks.jpg

And drinks, of course!

actually, i lie. my mum wanted to make a halloween themed dinner, and demanded i invited some friends over.

soepom's mum wins superfuture.

on behalf of my mum, thanks for all the praise for the novelty food! the dinner was definitely the highlight of the halloween festivities...

i've decided that luncheons have to be lighter from now on. i cannot go on sizing up on my jeans indefinitely. which reminds me: please spread the word to anyone you know who might wanna get a tiny pair of grey april colourdrives:

wayet1101aim5.jpg

chicken rice - i ate only half the rice though...

wayet1101bkj2.jpg

fresh young coconut

okay, the problem with light luncheons... is that you crave something later into the day...

wayet1101cua6.jpg

apple ginger iced tea, chocolate chip cookie

damn, I've always avoided this thread, but thought I'd pop in today... sheesh, I'm never going to go to Singapore! I can't afford to get all new denim to match what would surely be my increasing waistline. I've taken quite a few shots of things I made, but haven't cooked in awhile now. Hopefully I will again soon and start tossing pics of my shoddy attempts at cuisine up on the thread. I'd rep pretty much everyone, but apparently I've given out too much in the past 24 hours...

damn all you skinny people who eat so great! haha... i just lost like 15 lbs doing a ridiculous contest (it was a motivational tactic for a buddy of mine), and this thread isn't going to help keep it off! haha. (and i totally won the competition, buddy actually came in last... too bad for him i guess)