what are you eating today?

soepom

i dont see how some of u guys can be bothered to make food 'look' nice and taste delicious

i live by myself and honestly cant be assed to cook descently

word.

it's all about the taste, more than anything else..

i cant be bothered to dress up the plate either.. but if you can, good on you.

but right after the photo.. one stab and the niceties are gone.. so, really, why bother?

^^ why bother buying nice clothes and dressing yourself up then? who really gives a shit about your 15oz. japanese raw denim or the angsty shit printed on your tee reflects your own philosophy of life but you yourself?

i think it's kinda different from dressing up, you eat the food after taking the picture and everything get's all messed up

it's like taking a waywt pic in your best clothes then changing into a wifebeater and shorts right after

lol the analogy sounded better in my head

^^ haha nice attempt. but the food is essentially the same thing when you begin to eat it. you don't take the picture of the nicely dressed up food and then go eat cup noodles right after.

well let us stop here. it's getting pointless. nice pizza felix.

today's snack

IMG_7375.jpg

tako pachi

dinner

IMG_7377.jpg

seafood fried rice with whatever

IMG_7376.jpg

swedish meatballs with taters and lingonberry jam

word.

it's all about the taste, more than anything else..

i cant be bothered to dress up the plate either.. but if you can, good on you.

but right after the photo.. one stab and the niceties are gone.. so, really, why bother?

^^ why bother buying nice clothes and dressing yourself up then? who really gives a shit about your 15oz. japanese raw denim or the angsty shit printed on your tee reflects your own philosophy of life but you yourself?

ALLLLRIGHTTTTTT! DEBATE TIME WOOHOO! gotta love this shit.

it's all a matter of personal preference. fashion and food are completely different genres that shouldn't be compared like that. the analogies dont work.

i think what valhalla's trying to say is that if you bother making yourself look good, then why not make your food look good too. (i think thats what is meant by the analogy cause i didn't really get it)

and i think what backinthetrees is trying to say is that if you're cooking and eating at home and there are no guests to impress, then why bother taking the extra time and effort to dress the plate nicely just to destroy it with the first bite, because afterall, you eat cause you're hungry. restaurants have to plate to impress.

i see it both ways. it'll depend on my mood. right now, my mood says that i should be adopted by felix's mom.

your just jealous...fool

i probably am. heh.

then again, i'm such a hoboe, i'd eat food right off the floor. waste not, waste not.

i usually wear blank shirts. and yes, i give a shit about my jeans and shirts and shoes, but i don't care what other people think about them. (plongin rags on me all the time about my shoelace belt)

perhaps, your underlying statement is that you really care alot about what everyone thinks of you, and your clothes, and how you set your food up, but i really don't, its not my steez to care about what someone thinks of my pants or my shirt or my cap, i do what i like, for me; and i hope you understand where i'm coming from.

no enmity intended to be conveyed at all in both this post, and my last, but if you think i'm picking on you, that's out of my control.

and yeah, plongin, i think you summed it up nice for me. there aint no one at home to impress, so why bother?

i think its cos i'm an instant food kinda guy.. mac and cheese mac and cheese mac and cheese and some tomyum noodles.

generally, if you enjoy cooking as much as you like eating, you'll make it nice-looking. i know i'm just a lurker, but honestly the issue doesn't seem that complicated. >_>

^^ when i make pizza at home, i always get the dough from trader joes and throw on every single topping i love, then smother it wirh cheese.

Valhalla: Are those Ikea meatballs? Ikea probably has the best value of any food ever. I even have some of their meatballs in my freezer, and put them on sandwiches when I feel like it.

yeah they sure are. yeah they're decent value for money, but when you live in singapore there's plenty of other cheaper and better shit. but i do like the ikea meatballs occasionally.

generally, if you enjoy cooking as much as you like eating, you'll make it nice-looking.

yes that's right. it's the satisfaction of not only making a tasty meal, but a good-looking one as well.

yeah ol' plongin is right too, it's all a matter of personal preference. i like to dress my food up even when i'm just cooking for myself. but now there's a better reason for that, i share pictures of my pretty food with all of you here.

backinthetrees, i didn't think you were "picking on me" at all, and mine wasn't a vehement retort as well. we're cool :) that was just some heuristical rhetoric. and i know you're a filthy hobo.