what are you eating today?

soepom

whered you get that cali burrito. i have yet to find a good place in LA

last time i ordered one , there was no fries.

it was a "OK" california burrito, honestly not that great and i wouldn't go back again.

still doesn't compare to the california burritos in san diego.

those are legendary and unfuckwitable

oh wow, was lookinig at my Google Map bookmarks for Madeleines and I just saw it's La Maison Du Macaron now. What happened?

As for me, I'm looking for places that use baguettes for French Toast. French Roast used to be my go-to place for that but they've changed bread sources and now use the generic square loaf slices

catchforusthefoxes- Where to buy? I'm in ny for a bit and my friend wants some macaroons. thanks
bouchon (those aren't from bouchon)
my go to place is la maison du chocolat. macaroons are made in paris and shipped to ny.

im sorry, bouchon dont even come close to la maison. =(

As you might've noticed from my above post, they're from a bakery in NJ called asalt and buttery (lol)

$1.65 a piece and she makes them in house.

They have some good flavors like

Rose, Passion Fruit, Lilac, Pistachio, Coffee, Sour Cherry etc.

my go to place is la maison du chocolat. macaroons are made in paris and shipped to ny.

im sorry, bouchon dont even come close to la maison. =(

Oh, I have no idea where bouchon's sit in the standings of NY macarons...just know that it's a common place for people to get them. I do, however, know that they are like 3 times as big as most, ha.

Macarons aren't really something I seek out ever, so you'd definitely know better than me.

what I cooked for friends last night, so not really what I'm eating today.

beer battered fried green olives stuffed with cucumber, jalapeno, and blueberry

doaqdk.jpg

seared tuna steak on a slab of watermelon infused with cucumber, mint syrup. Quick pickled cucumber.

n5kgt4.jpg

bbq pulled chicken and a soft boiled egg on compote of french green lentils, quinoa, shiitake, and bacon with kernels of fresh sweet corn. Shredded green beans with lemon and japanese seven spice.

2hr3g48.jpg

dat yolk shot:

qst9h2.jpg

Zebra cake bread pudding with orange caramel sauce.

33dxkrb.jpg

beer pairings (front bottle was first, third bottle in picture was second, middle bottle with dessert)

14b6phy.jpg

Sorry the pictures suck...but the lighting at the table sucks in my apartment and I was more worried about cooking than photographing.