The Flight Jacket Thread

still

I've got their horsehide A2 in russet and I have been pretty happy with it (got it a little over a year ago). It started out pretty stiff and is finally getting a little more comfortable this season. It's not warm enough to wear in the throngs of winter here (well into the negative degrees F) so it gets a lot of wear in the fall and spring. The knits are wool and soft, but I can't comment on the thickness of them as I don't have any other jackets to compare it to. Should I take a few pics later of what mine looks like now? It's not much different than the stock pic but some of the creases on the arms and such are set in and I have some grain on mine that you can't see on the stock pic.

wow, us authentic is "cheap". flying tigers repro available as well. thanks for that!

Some of their stuff especially their sheepskin is really nice. Just depends on how authentic you want to get. If you want to get specific copies of contracts original contracts with things like vintage mouton (Navy jackets) or new old stock zippers and knits you pay for that. No one else makes an M 445 in my size and the beautiful thing is this is its a custom fit and I could be happier with the jacket, Mr Dovers customer service, and the turn around on the order 2 freak'n weeks JEEZE was outstanding.

I have a 1939 Werber on its way from John (GW) now. Should be here Wednesday. Thats one sweet jacket. Anyone thats a 42 should jump on that puppy.

Guest kentmoney

Alright, time for some contributions!

TOJ A-2

P1010884.jpg

PC240782.jpg

PC240783.jpg

Vintage Civilian G-1

P1221519.jpg

P1221520.jpg

g1.jpg

Alpha 'Repro' MA-1

sass.jpg

P1211454.jpg

USAF Cadet Blues?

Desktop.jpg

Here's a picture of my grandpop, a B-17 pilot during WWII.

Blakely-1.jpg

Dear Jesus, you have 700 posts and you've never heard of Temple Of Jawns?

I have heard of them - I didn't know they made flight jackets. Varsity jackets, which are the only ones I'd seen by them previously, aren't my speed, cause I've been out of high school longer than I was in it, by a wide margin.

Guest kentmoney

Haploid and Satya, thanks for the props.

The shoes are Opening Ceremony Desert boots, probably some of the best shaped shoes ever, IMO.

TOJ stands for Temple of Jawns. And you're right, their varsity jacket has become ubiquitous but they actually make two very cool flight jackets.

Drew, the CEO/mastermind/owner of TOJ has a penchant for flight jackets, too, I think. He has the A-2 available for purchase now (and you can get a detachable fur collar with it for a pseudo G-1 look). He is also coming out with an MA-1 very, very soon that I plan on picking up.

Haploid and Satya, thanks for the props.

The shoes are Opening Ceremony Desert boots, probably some of the best shaped shoes ever, IMO.

TOJ stands for Temple of Jawns. And you're right, their varsity jacket has become ubiquitous but they actually make two very cool flight jackets.

Drew, the CEO/mastermind/owner of TOJ has a penchant for flight jackets, too, I think. He has the A-2 available for purchase now (and you can get a detachable fur collar with it for a pseudo G-1 look). He is also coming out with an MA-1 very, very soon that I plan on picking up.

Thanks for the info about their flight jackets. The fit is nice and trim. The body length is especially nice to see. Repro A-2's are often short like originals.

Guest kentmoney

I absolutely feel ya on that, man. That is why I decided to go with the TOJ. Modern silhouette, classic styling. I got mine made bespoke and so I was able to get the length just how I wanted. If i could do it over again I would get the shoulders slightly narrowed but whatever, allows for more layering.

I highly recommend the TOJ A-2 if you aren't nutz about historic accuracy. Superficially, the jacket looks just as good or better because of the cut.

I absolutely feel ya on that, man. That is why I decided to go with the TOJ. Modern silhouette, classic styling. I got mine made bespoke and so I was able to get the length just how I wanted.

I think you mean made-to-measure, not bespoke. Bespoke usually denotes that the actual patterns was made specifically to your body (and typically the dude making the pattern is also sewing up the clothes). So, unless the TOJ guys were hosting you in Korea, I think you just had an inch added to a generic pattern.

I stand corrected. MTM, you're right.

and I must add, airfrogusmc, that is the sickest lined jacket I have ever seen.

Are you a USMC aviator by chance?

Yes WAS a CH-46 Crewchief (Phrogs)

Thanks man not a bad M445 repro for the $$$. Its sheepskin not lined. I really like it. I could have scored a NOS Talon and picked up some salvaged side straps but I really didn't want the hassles and the zipper looks indestructible and the side straps are just fine. I would highly recommend this jacket.

Guest kentmoney

im not sure if you are referring to Schwinn or Kent Money, but I don't take either very seriously, tard. Kent Money, as a pseudonym, was actually given to me so I feel I can embrace it, OK?

And if you wanna talk shit on my neighbors bike, I'd be happy to post pictures of myself on MY bike to shut ya up.

that is all.

I forgot I had this picture saved. Cool jackets in context. Native habitat, if you will.

493rdFSinA-2s.jpg