The Flight Jacket Thread

still

Guest patchmb
Should just be an N3, if it's 1945, yes? Either way, great, no doubt practical, jacket!

-Jake

My mistake Jake .It is very practical if a little heavy when worn over a prolonged period.

Just an FYI - this jacket's on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290296426771

-Jake

Here's another jacket of mine, a H&L Block M-422a. It's in good condition, unfortunately, a little small for me; it's what I get for working out after I bought it, I guess. I know it's an H&L Block because it has the stereotypical shorter arms, even despite the absence of a label.

Front:

DSCN1522.jpg

Back:

DSCN1529.jpg

Lining:

DSCN1524.jpg

Leather Closeup:

DSCN1530.jpg

Knits:

DSCN1525.jpgDSCN1526.jpgDSCN1527.jpgDSCN1528.jpg

Enjoy the pictures, folks. It's a great old jacket.

-Jake

I know someone posted fit pics a while ago of a BR William Gibson MA-1 (though I just did a quick search and didn't come up with shit). It fits the same as their regular MA-1s - short. I've often thought of getting one, but I would get a long size, instead of a regular. But then I don't usually tuck shirts in.

-Jake

• 4 weeks later...

btw jake i contacted jerome but man i cant afford him..:(

Sorry I couldn't help you out, Ed.

-Jake

Beautiful! I'll forgive it not being a flight jacket in this case ;).

How's it fit, ed?

-Jake

interesting that it is made in new zealand. i thought after they got divorced real mccoys japan produces in japan.

I think that is a Real McCoy's New Zealand jacket, not a Real McCoys Japan jacket. Or it is old and pre-divorce.

Ed, is it a RMJ or RMNZ jacket?

-Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Called into my friends retro shop today and came back with an Aero A2 . I had seen thsi before and checked it out with Aero for him late last year . Its an early 1980s manufacture , in fact the order no and makers initials are on a tag in the right hand pocket . Its in very good condition for its age. Has a Talon zipper but has some minor paint spalshes on the left pocket , couple of small abrasions , some lining wear at the collar and the waist and cuffs could be cleaned up . Thought it would be of interest to the thread but also I will be putting it on ebay tomorrow for him so if anyone is interessted drop me a pm .

a2b.jpg

a2a.jpg

my A-2 Bronco MFG Corp with Talon zip

p2180009hn1.jpg

p2180013oe9.jpg

p2180011nn8.jpg

p2180012pg4.jpg

and for colder days

my B-15A complete with leather oxygen tabs, conmar zip and alpaca lining

p2180014hx2.jpg

p2180015pz4.jpg

p2180016cl5.jpg

p2180017yy5.jpg

nice finds. where did u manage to find them? how much did u drop?

I should have my Goodwear Monarch 422 in a week or so. Heres are some photos of the proto type...The goat on my jacket as well as the ones that will be in production will be darker more like the original Monarch 422. I will also have a more blonde mouton (vintage 1940s mouton) and a triple stamped talon zipper. But heres the proto type.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/M422_01_46/