The Flight Jacket Thread

still

This one's for Mich - thanks buddy!

Very variable, crazy lighting this morning, but here's a few quick pics for you.

My BR x WG L-2B, purchased a couple of years ago.

waywt1a-3.jpg

waywt2a-3.jpg

waywt3a-3.jpg

I usually take a 38, which is how this is sized. Very roomy in the body & sleeves, & short in length - which suits me since I have relatively longer legs & a short torso.

I think if I ever spring for the MA-1, I will opt for the "slim" version...

Thanks for posting them pics mate!

I really like how the jacket fits on you, it's supposed to fit a bit bulky and the sizing looks to be perfect.

I read somewhere the slim version isn't really slim, just slimmer than the original.

I opted for the L-2A because it's a bit of a slimmer jacket by nature than the MA-1, also a bit thinner which i like.

This way i can wear it all spring, part of summer and fall.

IMG_7639.jpg

new aero leather i exchange the old one for this ( the fit was too large on the old one.. )

What was the one you exchanged? This one looks nice and well fitted. What leather is it?

very nice eddie. now, does anyone have info on old PACK-IN A2 jackets? c'mon this is sufu! anyways, enough of my blithering and blathering.

Dude, this IS sufu. You have been around here long enough to know that if it ain't overpriced and gaudy then we don't want nothin to do with it.

Thanks for posting them pics mate!

I really like how the jacket fits on you, it's supposed to fit a bit bulky and the sizing looks to be perfect.

I read somewhere the slim version isn't really slim, just slimmer than the original.

I opted for the L-2A because it's a bit of a slimmer jacket by nature than the MA-1, also a bit thinner which i like.

This way i can wear it all spring, part of summer and fall.

Thanks Mich! Likewise - sweet fit on your L-2A. I chose the L-2B for the same reasons: 3 season wear, and roomy enough to layer! The MA-1 wouldn't cut it in winter here :P

Thanks Mich! Likewise - sweet fit on your L-2A. I chose the L-2B for the same reasons: 3 season wear, and roomy enough to layer! The MA-1 wouldn't cut it in winter here :P

thanks!

Ah you also have a L2-B, i should have known ;)

I would love to bother you again for some fit pics of it, if you can spare the time!

This thread is in need of some good nylons fit pics.

ssup theyre the ones i have exchanged yeah! leather is vintage horsehide and i soked them in boiling water to shrink them a bit...and i like the matte look they came in a bit on the shinny side so i soaked em..

i called dude at american mystique, and he said that no one 30 years ago made a-2 jackets for women. the sizing might a korean thing. i'm 5 foot 7'', and i only weigh 135 lbs. with clothes & sneakers on. fits like a glove.

it aint a buzz or expensive jap repro joint, but i love it still.

@ Mich: that is the L-2B above... Only nylon flight jacket I have... For now ;)

But here a few more detail pics.

Liner:

liner.jpg

Label:

label.jpg

Crown zip:

crownzip.jpg

I want a BR Gibson L-2 in a 42L more than words can say.

Nice.

@ Mich: that is the L-2B above... Only nylon flight jacket I have... For now ;)

Blame it on me dozing away on friday afternoon at work, i obviously wasn't paying attention and i'd mistaken your L-2B for the BRxWG MA-1.

Great detail pics, those and the materials used on the BR jackets are what really makes them that desirable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this G-1 jacket off the fleabay it seems a bit small, but since this is my first one I am not sure of sizing because others wear them tiny also, so I am wondering if I should size up one or keep this jacket?

6843fe28.jpg

88aa0a56-1.jpg

Initially I didn't think I would love a G-1, but as soon as I put this on I kinda fell in love. Should I keep this one or size up a bit?

i realize now that the A-2 is a womans jacket. so now i'm stuck between saying ''fuck it, who will notice the zipper on the other side, the jacket is still dope'', and '' how can a self-respecting man wear a garment intended for women?'' i don't know.

Salaami,

This convention of the left/right as a designation of men's/women's is often ignored by Asian manufacturers. It leads to good deals on stuff when western buyers reject. My Hanoi-purchased Gore-Tex Northface coat has the zipper reversed, but there is no doubt that is a man's jacket. I also got it really cheap. I presume it is a high-end knock-off.

SO, while it is possible that it might have been made with the girl biker in mind, NO ONE ever notices your zipper configuration. I'd say that would be true of someone even getting in close to see what kind of zipper it is.

THUS, if fits, feels great, looks great? Be happy.

Cheers!

Thanks, I think that might be the key this one is a bit snug on me, I didn't know if that was the thing like having sized down jeans or not.

that jacket is just right.

as for mine, it gotta get some fit pics up here soon. after reading the above posts, whenever weather permits i'm rocking the shit outta this jacket. i love it way too much.

that jacket is just right.

as for mine, it gotta get some fit pics up here soon. after reading the above posts, whenever weather permits i'm rocking the shit outta this jacket. i love it way too much.

That is how I feel, it's 70 degrees here and I wore mine driving on the freeway windows down. I am a total believer in the jackets now.

grant thats realy one hell of jacket. ihave said that often but i like repeating it. perfect with your chambray, aro those your 33s? nice galsses by the way!

I think it fits exactly right. Interesting worn with the Evius too.

What would be a good thing to pair it with? I wear it with my 501's but all I have are 501's and Evisu. I wear it everywhere, I even wore it to church a couple weeks ago over dress pants and a shirt and tie.

Since I am new school me on all the flight jacket etiquette and what I should be wearing them with.

Also I am thinking of stenciling the old school USN on the back of the neck, what do you guys think?

What would be a good thing to pair it with? I wear it with my 501's but all I have are 501's and Evisu. I wear it everywhere, I even wore it to church a couple weeks ago over dress pants and a shirt and tie.

Since I am new school me on all the flight jacket etiquette and what I should be wearing them with.

Also I am thinking of stenciling the old school USN on the back of the neck, what do you guys think?

Well I'm not trying to be mean but your jacket is a civy jacket and not very close at all to a military issue G-1.

Yeah I know it is a jacket that I got fairly cheap, that looks somewhat close, to see if I wanted to jump into the flight jacket world. Like I said I am fairly new to flight jackets so I am just looking for all the info I can find about them. I am 50 pages deep into this whole thread and you seem to be an expert maybe with your help and some of the others we could put together a flight jacket guide?

Well I'm not trying to be mean but your jacket is a civy jacket and not very close at all to a military issue G-1.