its over

KING

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FER RILLA.

you guys all fucking suck.

congratulations, you can ride skateboards and cut class to stand in line for tshirts and pretend to be asian and listen to joy divison and kiss ian curtis on the mouth and learn about culture from james jebbia and peter saville hey whos that again oh hes a guy and he drew a skateboard picture from a record from before i was fucking born and also blah blah hey hey HEY im milspex i want to kiss george bush on the titties and snort cocaine with him and take a facial from ol' Rummy and i love that song that goes "I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I REALLY WISH I COULD" and wtaps supreme blah blah IM IN THE ARMY AND I CAN SHOOT GUNS IN THE ARRRRMYYY!!! EXCEPT I GOT BAD EYES and blah blah streetwear blah blah BOX TEE CAMOFLAGE blahblah dorm room blah blah LOOK I HAVE A PICTURE WITH ME AND GHOSTFACE blah blah blah BLAH .

A winner is you.

I'm very proud of you. Now go home.

You win the Supertalk. Nobody else post here, or anywhere, for that matter; we need to cryogenically freeze this shit in time and just have this be the end of the end.

^^^^ that made no sense, really, after dropping the Yeah Right! bomb, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

How so...?

Koons - Supreme board from 06. World famous artist... super controversial... love his attitude at times.

Prince - Supreme board for 07. Lesser known, but very revered nonetheless mainly for his photographic work, but now has a show with his nurses series...

Both artists have very famous work that could EASILY have been reproduced for Supreme. But they chose lesser known works...

Saville on the other hand was more about the two groundbreaking designs being finally LICENSED for official use by their creator. Also the parallel with the resurregance in 80's music... yadda yadda... just wanted to point out that Supreme doesn't necessarily chose their collaborations for popularity sake.

FER RILLA.

congratulations, you can ride skateboards and cut class to stand in line for tshirts and pretend to be asian and listen to joy divison and kiss ian curtis on the mouth and learn about culture from james jebbia and peter saville hey whos that again oh hes a guy and he drew a skateboard picture from a record from before i was fucking born and also blah blah hey hey HEY im milspex i want to kiss george bush on the titties and snort cocaine with him and take a facial from ol' Rummy and i love that song that goes "I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I REALLY WISH I COULD" and wtaps supreme blah blah IM IN THE ARMY AND I CAN SHOOT GUNS IN THE ARRRRMYYY!!! EXCEPT I GOT BAD EYES and blah blah streetwear blah blah BOX TEE CAMOFLAGE blahblah dorm room blah blah LOOK I HAVE A PICTURE WITH ME AND GHOSTFACE blah blah blah BLAH .

A winner is you.

Tell us more about how you just dont give a fuck and you`re above it all. hahaha

Get the fuck out of the thread if you`re so "whatever".

this thread is supposed to be about the customer and the product. the customer (king) was accused of buying the product (jd shirt/skateboard) only because it was supreme and not because hes a genuine fan of joy division.

artificial sky however, did not buy that shirt because it was manik. he bought it because of cobain. as you may or may not know, artificial loves seattle. manik is ingrained in seattle skateboard culture. and cobain IS seattle.

to put it simply:

king bought the joy division shirt because its supreme/hyped.

artificial bought the manik shirt because its cobain/seattle.

damn straight.

stick a fork in this thread. its done

Guest StuckOnStupid
Tell us more about how you just dont give a fuck and you`re above it all. hahaha

Get the fuck out of the thread if you`re so "whatever".

hey you know what you GI Joe fetishizing cornball, blow me.

full-metal-jacket-PDVD_00901.jpg

i figure someone photoshops that camo supreme box onto Private Pyle, and its like...you, in a nutshell.

Guest StuckOnStupid
^ I know this kid. They call him Subbia. He got a box logo tatted on his chest and he carries a skateboard around by the trucks.

fuck i duont know how i missed this..

if i wasnt so lazy, i would create this as an alter ego.

Guest doubletap
FER RILLA.

A winner is you.

HAHAHA!

...oh wait he might come back and tell everyone AGAIN how I dont own any doubletaps.

Judging by the mentality on here, i hope to god Americans don't do to Supreme what they did to bape (rip)

Wow, i went to the same uni as Saville. Do i get a prize? Now, any of you Joy Division fans been to Macclesfield? Oh you must go, put some flowers at the crematorium, you big fans, you.

You know Peter's brother is Jimmy? fact that. (little known tho)

Would it be okay if I add some more info to this I must say already very usefull and informative thread?

As most of you will probably already know, Raf Simons worked closely together with Peter Saville for his Fall Winter 03/04 (it won't let me link directly to that specific collection so look it up on that page) collection, and was given full acces to the Factory archive for this. In my humble opinion this was a far more fitting "collaboration", but I will leave my opinion out of this.

Also (as someone said before) Saville has worked together with Yohji Yamamoto in the past, though this was something different than your regular "blankXblank" t-shirt.

But ofcourse most of you already knew this, being the experts that you are....

Carry on.