its over

KING

Guest youngteam
eh...lol i guess not...but i see stupidity on both sides :/

first you say like a fucking moron that you need me to furnish an explanation for my assertion that king is a moron, and two seconds later you say "lol i guess not" because artificialsky typed in all caps?

all i have to say is, have you posted your getup from today?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the designers are put a pic kurt on a tee and you bought it.theyre like we can make an easy buck on this,i dont even have to use my fucking imagination.did you know kurt personally, were you buds? you think that you are fucking cool wearing that shirt just cause it has a pic of kurt.dont get me wring i think kurt was a great musician mollys lips is one of my favorites

see if we think like this, we wouldn't be able to wear anything anymore.yes to be honest a lot of this same shit happens with supreme and a lot of other clothing brands.but what other brands do you know of that will make a tee saying FUCK THA POLICE.thats why we continue to support these brands.

this thread is supposed to be about the customer and the product. the customer (king) was accused of buying the product (jd shirt/skateboard) only because it was supreme and not because hes a genuine fan of joy division.

artificial sky however, did not buy that shirt because it was manik. he bought it because of cobain. as you may or may not know, artificial loves seattle. manik is ingrained in seattle skateboard culture. and cobain IS seattle.

to put it simply:

king bought the joy division shirt because its supreme/hyped.

artificial bought the manik shirt because its cobain/seattle.

first you say like a fucking moron that you need me to furnish an explanation for my assertion that king is a moron, and two seconds later you say "lol i guess not" because artificialsky typed in all caps?

all i have to say is, have you posted your getup from today?

well i think this whole argument in general is pretty idiotic. and you both sound like a couple babies arguing about something that you wont EVER agree upon.

and no i havent posted my "getup" today cuz im at my parents place for the weekend and all i brought are my skull jeans and two tshirts :(

well i think this whole argument in general is pretty idiotic. and you both sound like a couple babies arguing about something that you wont EVER agree upon.

and no i havent posted my "getup" today cuz im at my parents place for the weekend and all i brought are my skull jeans and two tshirts :(

get out while you can.haha

jebbia doesn't want shit besides your cash. that's that. put your money into his registers.

It's probably stupid to bring this up now but I don't think the owners of Supreme are simply 'in it for the money'. If that was the case, then wouldn't they have licensed their shit out or distributed their products to more than a couple of stores? LRG, for example, is distributed at Macy's and various other places and I'm certain they're pulling in more than Supreme team. If Supreme was solely in it for the money, then wouldn't they follow suit? I don't think Supreme is out to educate anyone, though. That's just a stupid notion. Like you said in your post, they're just working with people and putting out stuff that they like and identify with.

Guest doubletap

I think KING showing off his deck is like him showing off part of his collection, its all part off the same thing. Its like someone showing off his supreme bat and someone saying that you're purpetrating cause you aint playing baseball with it. Get over it, he aint got to prove shit.

me personally I enjoy seeing pieces that aren't clothes... decks, toys, whatever.

I think KING showing off his deck is like him showing off part of his collection, its all part off the same thing. Its like someone showing off his supreme bat and someone saying that you're purpetrating cause you aint playing baseball with it. Get over it, he aint got to prove shit.

me personally I enjoy seeing pieces that aren't clothes... decks, toys, whatever.

Yeh I agree. Like just coz your screen name is doubletap doesnt mean you have to have any pieces of the brand or interest in the brand, or a military/special forces background, or interest in it.

How come theres no rolling eyes emoticon?

i don't remember there being all THAT much hype when those came out. at least not like there is today.

There certainly wasn't in London, I wondered into Hideout and picked up one two days after they'd been released.

I can't understand why this thread only really mentions Joy Division and Supreme. Can you not buy the T shirt due to an appreciation of Savilles work, even if you don't give two fucks about Joy Division?

Read his book, it's mint:

P0093_01.jpg

There certainly wasn't in London, I wondered into Hideout and picked up one two days after they'd been released.

I can't understand why this thread only really mentions Joy Division and Supreme. Can you not buy the T shirt due to an appreciation of Savilles work, even if you don't give two fucks about Joy Division?

P0093_01.jpg

if someone doesnt know who joy division is, they probably dont know who peter saville is either.

very cool cover on that book though.

P0093_01.jpg

I was thinking something similar.

I mean it does say Peter Saville For Supreme not Joy Division X Supreme, plus theres already a precedent for Saville's work to appear in fashion and for him to work with designers.

If that is the case you have to consider that most of Saville's work isn't going to work very well as a screenprint eg. getting the mix of colours and gradients in a 'waste painting' would cost a bomb to produce unless you went do the the tacky (imo) photo print style.

This thread made me fish out my own copy of the book this morning :)

King

What I want to know is why do did you buy the tee and decks. Is it because they were made by Suprmem, you're a Joy Division Fan, like Peter Saville, just like the picture? I'm not saying any of those reasons is better than the others. Like what if they hadn't been made by Supreme but had been bootlegged by a mate, would you still have bought them?

Guest youngteam

i wasn't actually asking to see your getup for today, you fucking retard. i was trying to illustrate how fucking faggoty and idiotic someone sounds when he asks another man to post a pic of what he's wearing.

getimageaspre3.jpg

No one interested? I'll enlighten people for free.

I was thinking something similar.

I mean it does say Peter Saville For Supreme not Joy Division X Supreme, plus theres already a precedent for Saville's work to appear in fashion and for him to work with designers.

If that is the case you have to consider that most of Saville's work isn't going to work very well as a screenprint eg. getting the mix of colours and gradients in a 'waste painting' would cost a bomb to produce unless you went do the the tacky (imo) photo print style.

This thread made me fish out my own copy of the book this morning :)

King

What I want to know is why do did you buy the tee and decks. Is it because they were made by Suprmem, you're a Joy Division Fan, like Peter Saville, just like the picture? I'm not saying any of those reasons is better than the others. Like what if they hadn't been made by Supreme but had been bootlegged by a mate, would you still have bought them?

King

supreme is one of my favorite companies.im more of a supreme fan than i am a joy division.yes, i do like saville.he is an artist not a musician who was discovered by yohji and the tee was peter saville x supreme.this collaboration was more with peter saville and his design rather than joy division the music.youre probably going to say he used the design from unknown pleasures and blue monday but still this collab was more between ps and supreme not joy division or new order.and like i mentioned before the tee with the pulsar graphic had been redesigned in 2004 to use for tees and decks by mr.peter saville so it is not exact same as the one bootlegged by a mate.and the up the ass prices on ebay show proof that this tee is pretty sought after so that just makes me feel even better that i was lucky enough to get one.sowhat if someone was a crazy fucking astronomy freak would that entitle them to wear the shirt that bears the pulsars or a person who works at a printing shop and loves colors so he gets a tee with a color code on it.

back in high school, there was this rumor floating around that there was this kid who had his name legally changed to Supreme Jebbia, and that he was a Chinese kid from Flushing, Queens. people swear to god he is still out there, somewhere...