its over

KING

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back in high school, there was this rumor floating around that there was this kid who had his name legally changed to Supreme Jebbia, and that he was a Chinese kid from Flushing, Queens. people swear to god he is still out there, somewhere...

haha

Guest youngteam
supreme is one of my favorite companies.im more of a supreme fan than i am a joy division.yes, i do like saville.he is an artist not a musician who was discovered by yohji and the tee was peter saville x supreme.this collaboration was more with peter saville and his design rather than joy division the music.youre probably going to say he used the design from unknown pleasures and blue monday but still this collab was more between ps and supreme not joy division or new order.and like i mentioned before the tee with the pulsar graphic had been redesigned in 2004 to use for tees and decks by mr.peter saville so it is not exact same as the one bootlegged by a mate.and the up the ass prices on ebay show proof that this tee is pretty sought after so that just makes me feel even better that i was lucky enough to get one.sowhat if someone was a crazy fucking astronomy freak would that entitle them to wear the shirt that bears the pulsars or a person who works at a printing shop and loves colors so he gets a tee with a color code on it.

bitch you talk too much.

Does Supreme get permission/licence to print the Tees with the famous people on them? Have always wondered about it.

I have this book of old bands tees and there is a classic Factory Records T in there....its so funny, really budget looking, its great.

PS. I love my TG-T!

Guest youngteam

king, like i said before, you should just stick to posting pics -- i.e., action shots on your skateboard, none of that shit where your william hung self is hanging out with inspectah deck or fucking whoever. leave the construction of words and sentences to those of us who aren't mongoloids.

fndmybetterhalf, you should stick to what you know best -- i.e., shitting yourself.

no hate.

Guest youngteam
sowhat if someone was a crazy fucking astronomy freak would that entitle them to wear the shirt that bears the pulsars or a person who works at a printing shop and loves colors so he gets a tee with a color code on it.

king -- when you skated as a child, i'm guessing you never wore a helmet.

supreme is one of my favorite companies.im more of a supreme fan than i am a joy division.yes, i do like saville.he is an artist not a musician who was discovered by yohji and the tee was peter saville x supreme.this collaboration was more with peter saville and his design rather than joy division the music.youre probably going to say he used the design from unknown pleasures and blue monday but still this collab was more between ps and supreme not joy division or new order.and like i mentioned before the tee with the pulsar graphic had been redesigned in 2004 to use for tees and decks by mr.peter saville so it is not exact same as the one bootlegged by a mate.and the up the ass prices on ebay show proof that this tee is pretty sought after so that just makes me feel even better that i was lucky enough to get one.sowhat if someone was a crazy fucking astronomy freak would that entitle them to wear the shirt that bears the pulsars or a person who works at a printing shop and loves colors so he gets a tee with a color code on it.

Just to make it clear, I have no beef with you, I was genuinely intrigued. Though I would disagree with the statement, "discovered by yohji."

By the, "bootlegged," comment I meant would you wear a shirt with that design if it wasn't Supreme (and the Suprmeem collaboration had never happened).

If you strain out all the crap there's actually an interesting discussion in this thread, but that's just the way of the internet I guess.

Keep on keeping on.

Mongoloid as a double entendre, slur, or racial categorization that you've injected with negative characteristics?

Inspectah deck made me laugh.

My old high school biology teacher used to call us mongoloids because he said the school told him he couldn't call students retards anymore.

Just to make it clear, I have no beef with you, I was genuinely intrigued. Though I would disagree with the statement, "discovered by yohji."

By the, "bootlegged," comment I meant would you wear a shirt with that design if it wasn't Supreme (and the Suprmeem collaboration had never happened).

If you strain out all the crap there's actually an interesting discussion in this thread, but that's just the way of the internet I guess.

Keep on keeping on.

i know you have no beef.your opinion was straight forward and i respect you for that.in an interview he said that he had a time in his life where no one believed in his work and yohji was the one who saw that he was talented and helped him out.yohji played a big role in making peter saville who he is today. yeah i would wear that shirt,just fucking love that graphic.

I understand what you're saying, king about like the shirt because of saville. But for me at least, it's hard to wear a shirt with obvious cultural implications(it's the unknown pleasures cover whether you like JD or not) and not full support it and all it stands for. Yes, saville does graphic art on his own apart from JD and NO but wearing something like that is a lot different than wearing a different saville piece. It's like me wearing my old The Mars Volta tshirt from 5 years ago when i don't really like them anymore. The artist that did their cover art and the artist that did one of their shirts is pretty cool and the original cover art guy did a bunch of pink floyd and i think led zeppelin(houses of the holy i think) and a bunch of other art from the 70s to present. I like the art and all, but i just can't wear the shirt and all that it stands for(the artist, the art work and the mars volta). I personally think it's stupid of saville to pimp that graphic out if he doesn't want to welcome all the Joy Division attention. Chances are pete and jebbia chose that design because it was already recognizable and had a fanbase outside of supreme as well. No matter how you look at it, it's still a band shirt. I'm not hating or anything if you're a big saville fan or something(never met a saville but not JD fan which is why it's weird to me that all these people have that shirt). Just know that you're wearing more than just a saville graphic when you rep that shirt/deck whether you like it or not. I didn't mean that to come off in a mean way, it's just the way it is. It's hard for me to find band shirts that i can fully support these days. I basically can only wear dead/defunct people. My smiths shirt still gets some rotation. I wouldn't be suprised to see something smiths related pop up in the supreme world in the next few years. Pretty iconic but not overly so, which seems to be what they put on shirts.

great thread. i love how people here feel some sort of ownership of joy division/saville. Like they got into it first back in '97 so it's theirs and they deserve to wear a logo more than someone else. kind of reminds me of this article.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38773?utm_source=Distributed&utm_medium=Embedded%2BHTML&utm_campaign=Widgets

get over yourselves. unless you were living in fucking manchester 78-84 nothing is yours and you claim just as little as the guy buying a saville supreme shirt.

and also it's not like saville was like sweet i love joy division, i'm going to design this shit, he co-owned factory and did every design for the label.

FYI. 24hr party people isn't a documentary.

what a crazy thread. What do you guys think of those who bought pieces from the Supreme and Public Enemy collaborations. I have one of the shirts because I've been a huge fan of PE since I first heard them when i was like 12, but do you think it's sorta the same issues there? I know Public Enemy's target is a pretty darn popular image as well, do you think a good number of kids who bought the pieces bought them just because they were supreme or because they truly enjoy Public Enemy's music and message?

what a crazy thread. What do you guys think of those who bought pieces from the Supreme and Public Enemy collaborations. I have one of the shirts because I've been a huge fan of PE since I first heard them when i was like 12, but do you think it's sorta the same issues there? I know Public Enemy's target is a pretty darn popular image as well, do you think a good number of kids who bought the pieces bought them just because they were supreme or because they truly enjoy Public Enemy's music and message?

i liked the graphic of the PE x Supreme shirts

i enjoy PE's delivery of whatever their ideas are

i disagree with PE's messages and political goals

so i didn't buy any of it. just like i won't buy any of supreme's obviously left-wing products.

That's what i was saying. It's just hard to wear something you don't support. I mean, i personally couldn't wear a saville graphic tee shirt if the design was an album cover i didn't listen to. I'd just feel like a poseur. I don't know what polyrock is saying and don't think he read anything in the thread before posting something that i guess he thought was funny and/or cutting. I don't think anybody is arguing over who has rights to wear that graphic more. If you're going to wear that graphic, it carries a bit of baggage you're gonna have to accept. It's a band tee whether you worship ian curtis or jebbia. There's always irony as a reason to wear something, but irony should be left to vegans who ride road bikes.

Wasn't there a naked kate moss supreme tee? I can support that. She can look good at times.

6? You a mongoloid or something? I only see 3. ADJUST YOUR SETTINGS AS TO NOT CONFUSE ME, PEOPLE.

Guest youngteam
jesus..

6 pages.

agreed. it's 6 pages of the most inconsequential, boring fucking subject matter, except for the part where i repeatedly call king a mongoloid and accuse fndmybetterhalf of being good for nothing except shitting himself.

i liked the graphic of the PE x Supreme shirts

i enjoy PE's delivery of whatever their ideas are

i disagree with PE's messages and political goals

so i didn't buy any of it. just like i won't buy any of supreme's obviously left-wing products.

WORD!!!!!

I cut my Fuck Bush sticker into just "Bush".

Guest StuckOnStupid
jesus..

6 pages.

FER RILLA.

you guys all fucking suck.

congratulations, you can ride skateboards and cut class to stand in line for tshirts and pretend to be asian and listen to joy divison and kiss ian curtis on the mouth and learn about culture from james jebbia and peter saville hey whos that again oh hes a guy and he drew a skateboard picture from a record from before i was fucking born and also blah blah hey hey HEY im milspex i want to kiss george bush on the titties and snort cocaine with him and take a facial from ol' Rummy and i love that song that goes "I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE I REALLY WISH I COULD" and wtaps supreme blah blah IM IN THE ARMY AND I CAN SHOOT GUNS IN THE ARRRRMYYY!!! EXCEPT I GOT BAD EYES and blah blah streetwear blah blah BOX TEE CAMOFLAGE blahblah dorm room blah blah LOOK I HAVE A PICTURE WITH ME AND GHOSTFACE blah blah blah BLAH .

A winner is you.

I'm very proud of you. Now go home.

Guest StuckOnStupid
back in high school, there was this rumor floating around that there was this kid who had his name legally changed to Supreme Jebbia, and that he was a Chinese kid from Flushing, Queens. people swear to god he is still out there, somewhere...

oh jesus i just shot a bullet of pee from larfing. good thing im not wearing pants.

and its even funnier if you read it like robert stack on unsolved mysteries except you replace him saying flushing with Jerry Lewis in that really racist/hilarious role and he says "FRUUUUUSSSHHING".

Yeah.

fuck im high.

what a waste of time.

BUT.

Getting back to a point - skating/supreme/joydivision - that I'm surprised NO ONE - you too king - has mentioned...

7_Marc_Johnson_0.preview.jpg

skated to WHAT SONG in

yeah_right_skate_dvd_05.jpg

I REALISE this is not why Supreme did the collaboration.

Hell what about the Jeff Koons shit? Why didn't they put the photos of him and his EX on the board? Now that I would have bought!

romantika.jpg

Or even the fuckin flower puppy...

inspire_2.jpg

And now we got Richard Prince - woulda been down for a photo from Dick's girlfriend series...

2401cbe0.jpg

Or even one of these... I find them completely hypnotizing...

princeEdition.jpg2.jpg11.jpg

Saville is a GOD in the graphic design world. A fuckin DEITY.

Supreme is pretty much a deity in the skate world.

How about that for a reason to collaborate?

ha.

fuck I need another drink.