those god damn filipinos.

red

tahoooooooooooo!!!

535513837_c6f7c82152.jpg

Don't they still have guys who walk around carrying big-ass metal pails of this stuff? This shit tastes so good. They'd mix up the syrup and the gelatin balls and whatever the fuck that white stuff is. You brought out your own glass. 1-2 pesos filled up a 16 oz. glass.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm or deny that you can make banana Q with plantains? They don't have saging na saba in NY, that I know anyway.

Can anyone confirm or deny that you can make banana Q with plantains? They don't have saging na saba in NY, that I know anyway.

Plantains have much more starch and less sugar qualities than regular bananas...

Try using "lady finger" bananas, if you want to make banana-Qs, the are the smaller and sweeter kind. You will find that if you used the plantains they will be too hard and not as sweet. (dispite the fact they are coated in sugar)

Ok so this dude in my psych class was askng about where to find a live pig...for his daughter's baptism. He's going to kill it and roast it all day.

Is this a filipino tradition? Or is he just crazy/gangster/etc?

Ok so this dude in my psych class was askng about where to find a live pig...for his daughter's baptism. He's going to kill it and roast it all day.

Is this a filipino tradition? Or is he just crazy/gangster/etc?

I've seen it done before. I was about 8yrs old.

I dont think its tradition - there is no ceremony. But all the parts of the animal including the blood is devoured...I believe. Wasting food in the Philippines is pretty unheard of with the high poverty rate.

But like like most of us... I would rather see it all cooked and ready to eat than see the entire process.

You can probably find a farm that will sell you the pig live, or contact your local butcher and request a whole pig...

He is filipino, and I remember him saying "well, in the philippines..." and not hearing the rest. He didn't mention that they'd us 100% of it, thats cool but of course..it's still weird to me that he's going to kill it ha. He was also asking the best way to do it.

im sayin, it aint gay if nobody knows about it...right?

hello?

hello?

ahhaha..

man it scares me...as the technology gets better..you are not gonna be able to tell at all.........

and from what ive seen and what my friends tell me...the filipino diet is one of the unhealthiest shits around...but that tapioca ball things looks pretty tasty......

its pretty unhealthy and high in sodium. but it makes for some pretty good eating.haha

ahhaha..

man it scares me...as the technology gets better..you are not gonna be able to tell at all.........

and from what ive seen and what my friends tell me...the filipino diet is one of the unhealthiest shits around...but that tapioca ball things looks pretty tasty......

ahhaha..

Whats crazy is my grand parents lived to 96 and 94, and My mums parents are both still alive.

They all lived in the philippines all their life pretty much. But then again they get everything done for them.

Whats crazy is my grand parents lived to 96 and 94, and My mums parents are both still alive.

They all lived in the philippines all their life pretty much. But then again they get everything done for them.

haha...i was pretty unclear about my post....my first point was talking about hte technology of sex changes....haha...sorry........

secondly i was talking about the crazy fried...salty....sweet diet.........but who am i to talk... i'm american

haha...i was pretty unclear about my post....my first point was talking about hte technology of sex changes....haha...sorry........

secondly i was talking about the crazy fried...salty....sweet diet.........but who am i to talk... i'm american

Sex changes and fried salty food sounds like a wonderful dinner conversation! Im gonna bring it up at supper time! or Im gonna order friend chicken and sweet and sour pork from a transvestite. HAHAHAHAH

when i visited the PI, the first things i ate were two packs of chichoron, and then i ate a plate of lechon. after all that, i was pretty much finished with pork for the rest of the trip.

actually, i ate some pork sisig right before i left.

i believe i had sisig at every bar and ktv joint i went to last time i was in the motherland

everyone does it different

most everyone does it well

also there is something magical about the combination of sisig, red horse, and the company of perfumed pinays

• 4 weeks later...
there is a jollibee 5 min from my house but i ve never been there. its in a really awkward location, i thinks it used to be a laundromat

and months later ill unnecessarily bump this response. i went today and got the spaghetti and fried chicken (chicken joy) combo and i must say that was some good spaghetti, even though it had hot dog slices in it, the chicken was ok. i would go back it really was worth the price.

Neither did I. I'm leaving for the Philippines tomorrow. :[ Staying at Boracay (sp?). I hope I can pretend to be baller for the two weeks I'm there and just spend like crazy.

...I feel superfob.