Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!

k3mistry

i'm seriously considering this. where can i buy them. i understand 2000db doesn't offer his bid service anymore.

Haha, come on man. You have both the AI-001 and the Oni Shoai, is this really necessary? :P

Motherfucker - I just picked up the Oni Shoais as well and then these come along. The price is very reasonable for the product that you're getting..... must.. fight.. urge..

i personally love my oni shaois. the fit is perfect for me. I'd consider getting the eternals if i didn't have my shaois, but c'mon, you just spent $550 on a pair of streaky jeans, do you really have enough time to wear another pair? The natural indigo will take long enough to break in where i don't think i'll even consider a pair of jeans for at LEAST 1 year.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't think you have a prayer of making it a year without buying new jeans. i can't even keep up with how many you have at this point.

argh! damn you viv with your obsession over these jeans!!!!! I didn't even know these jeans existed before I started reading your posts!!! Well, I had to get a pair, didn't I?

lol, just kidding viv. got my 868s (jean no. 192) in the mail yesterday, but didn't get to open them until this morning. they fit pretty well. sz 34, a bit loose in the waist, but the thighs feel good (got 24 inch legs - former junior powerlifter). A soak should bring the waist in a little, I hope.

Love the streakyness. it's like a waterfall pattern that runs down the legs. They're too pretty to wear out. Nuts, feels like I should have gotten two, so I can frame a pair (which is what I'd do if I ever bought those Shoais - $800AUD shipped!!! In my dreams).

btw, the reason why the bigger sizes don't sell in JP is because no guy has a waist bigger than 30 inches. well, that's the impression I get from all those JP fashion mags.

i don't think you have a prayer of making it a year without buying new jeans. i can't even keep up with how many you have at this point.

touche. i'm seriously going to try my hardest. i can't keep track of how many i have either...:confused:

my rate of even searching for jeans has slowed down though....nandoXnando in 2008.

and pics of the fit please. i want to see how they fit as I've seen them raw for a while now.

Guest jeffvyain

yea, i haven't really been searching much either. I don't want another pair of jeans until my 5000vx's are a medium-light color so I can always have that go-to chillin out pair of jeans. And if I buy another pair, they'll never get broken in properly. I'm at 8 months now. Damn this has been hard. But yes, not searching definitely makes it easier to not think about getting new jeans.

i ALMOST bought some 710s a couple weeks ago, alongside a ticket to bonnaroo, but I just blew all that money on a digital camera, and I still need to get that ticket, so luckily (kinda) I won't be able to afford new jeans for a little while longer.

argh! damn you viv with your obsession over these jeans!!!!! I didn't even know these jeans existed before I started reading your posts!!! Well, I had to get a pair, didn't I?

lol, just kidding viv. got my 868s (jean no. 192) in the mail yesterday, but didn't get to open them until this morning. they fit pretty well. sz 34, a bit loose in the waist, but the thighs feel good (got 24 inch legs - former junior powerlifter). A soak should bring the waist in a little, I hope.

Love the streakyness. it's like a waterfall pattern that runs down the legs. They're too pretty to wear out. Nuts, feels like I should have gotten two, so I can frame a pair (which is what I'd do if I ever bought those Shoais - $800AUD shipped!!! In my dreams).

btw, the reason why the bigger sizes don't sell in JP is because no guy has a waist bigger than 30 inches. well, that's the impression I get from all those JP fashion mags.

Wow! Another SFer whos got them! Good for you man, im glad they are not coming up too small for people. I didnt think many people read my posts in the eternal thread, I was expecting people to really jump on em but things didnt really kick off, then this thread started and people seem all over them. Maybe I should have just started a fresh thread for these to spark discussion and make sourcing easier for everyone ( back then more would have been available ). I didnt at the time cause I thought whats the point if only 350 are made. By the time this thread was up alot of places had sold out, oh well.

Poly and jeffy - one handy way to buy more denim is to decide you can wear more than one cut, I have the edo ais and these eternals kind of regular both with funky fabric, and I have my "normal jeans" APC NS.... then you HAVE to have some black jeans, ( for me thats sammies ) and you really need some slim jeans.... PBJ. But the thing is if you ought to have a worn and none worn version of each cut you have. This means once my PBJs are worn in I can get some black pbjs or john bulls or somets or something.... different cuts for different shoes y know. Right now im aiming for 1 pair a term, and failing terribly.

touche. i'm seriously going to try my hardest. i can't keep track of how many i have either...:confused:

my rate of even searching for jeans has slowed down though....nandoXnando in 2008.

and pics of the fit please. i want to see how they fit as I've seen them raw for a while now.

I cannot suggest that logic/reasoning have anything to do with my recent denim purchasing addiction.

So let's see - 1 pair of Baggy Bjorns with decent wear...

Pairs without decent wear: RRDS, RB6.b, Hawaii SC40400N, 5EP LDB, Nando x Nando, Oni Shoais (when I get them).. and on top of all that, I don't have a job where I can wear jeans every day so estimate 3-4 days a week in jeans. I'm going to start working out in them, so that should help a bit. I KNOW I don't need any more jeans, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them. :(

i personally love my oni shaois. the fit is perfect for me. I'd consider getting the eternals if i didn't have my shaois, but c'mon, you just spent $550 on a pair of streaky jeans, do you really have enough time to wear another pair? The natural indigo will take long enough to break in where i don't think i'll even consider a pair of jeans for at LEAST 1 year.

seriously poly, you're in the same boat as i am. beyond salvage. we are slaves to selvage...

I have my slims (dukes), my normal jeans (RRDS), my comfy jeans (SC55) and my "got them so dam cheap but never wear them" jeans (Nobody). Don't know where my Eternals are going to fit in.

I've become a bit of a selvage snob as well. everything i own is selvage. I've ordered a pair of levi stfs to cure me of that though...

K3mistry they look great! I cant wait till mine arrive now mmmmm. Thanks so much for posting pics.

John, i cant see the appeal myself in the distressed ones, they look nice but, ah I dont know, if you really want em get em, but bear in mind the distress marks may not match your body, like knee fades being too low or high, honey combs to low or high etc etc, you do have a beautifully worn pair of onis..... my two cents, if you want em buy em.