Socal Meetup

soraanaam

• 3 weeks later...

Just something low key this past saturday... some stuff I can't talk about in detail. Basically it involves Espresso and desserts at Barney's Rodeo, getting rejected by Supreme (no surprise), a few mystery sufu-ers, Thai Elvis, and superhot peppers.

2042289839_7bf826a5b2.jpg

2043089120_f6350265b8.jpg

2043089208_dd0edc9c6b.jpg

2043089034_d74ffc2fa0.jpg

I couldn't find it at first.

Masuerte said he was chillin in there and was walking around looking for it for like 10 min.

It's on the 5th floor, go right when you come up from the stairs and go down this small corridor.

There's a cafe at Barneys? Looks like good times.
I couldn't find it at first.

Masuerte said he was chillin in there and was walking around looking for it for like 10 min.

It's on the 5th floor, go right when you come up from the stairs and go down this small corridor.

BARNEY'S GREENGRASS. Really big celeb breakfast/lunch spot. Funny thing is that the name has nothing to do with Barney's the department store (although it happens to be in Barney's). It is an NYC deli that opened a branch on the west coast (in Barney's).

Yeah, hoping we can do meetups there more-often. Although I personally liked American Rag's Breakfast and Lunch menu better. Beats Barney's Greengrass in price by a mile plus I think the service can be just as good if not better. Space is much larger at Barney's though and it's the better choice in terms of a late-lunch date and combining your shopping with very burguoise (in the L.A. sense) atmosphere.

as soon as enough hip so-cal bastards will show up to a meet (mis? moy?) I'll be able to publish a frickin' book of superfuture fits hopefully before freakin' January.

No more fricki-frackin' around too... I want portraits and shit. Just a serious get-together @ the Hammer and Getty museums for portraits, and maybe even one @ Rodeo Drive. Azn80i I'll just get portraits or you @ UCR, the ones we took of your denim was pimp.

We went already, I saw the Barney's sale and it was tres suck. Only thing they got going were some nice carpe diem shoes for $800. Still I would like to get you going down to L.A. maybe December 1st... first Saturday of Dec. Just gauging people's interests. We would all have to be in the west side by noon sharp.

We went already, I saw the Barney's sale and it was tres suck. Only thing they got going were some nice carpe diem shoes for $800. Still I would like to get you going down to L.A. maybe December 1st... first Saturday of Dec. Just gauging people's interests. We would all have to be in the west side by noon sharp.

Barneys sale hasn't even started yet. Pre-sale was obviously unimpressive but supposedly hardly anything major gets marked down at that, real sale starts on the 28th I'm pretty sure. I'll be there next Sunday.

Drop me a PM if you want to grab some food / hit up some shops with me. At the very least somewhere fairly cheap with good food. Cheap, good mexican would be good.

No pictures until next time I get up. I'm selling everything I can so I'm going to be looking "dredging the bottoms of my wardrobe" status so I can afford some new stuff. I feel odd mentioning this in advance but I know how fond Superfuture users are of their photography.

None of the people in socal meetups (i've been to all the ones that were documented except one time because i was in korea) wear fantasically terrific omg next level HOLLLLLLA clothes.

dont worry about pics. jan's respectful enough to not post your face, or even post a pic of you at all if you ask him not to.

you might be able to gather some people, but i dont think i'll head down next sunday. sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey servo hope everything went well. And hope the clothes were good but seriously, the sale we went to was the real sale. They just don't advertise it. I've even had the S.A.'s tell me about it in October and that they'll hold items to set aside for me untill the sale 2 weeks before the advertised date, taking the credit card number and so forth. Makes their customers feel special and hope we become loyal to a certain S.A. you know how it goes.

Also, if our schedules are ever able to synchronize a meetup, there are some great Mexican and other latin food places to go to. One special place is this (slightly) underground market located below a huge downtown building. The best tacos in town and cheap. 2 bucks for a heaping plate of meat.

• 2 weeks later...