Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

Just picked up a pair of the 1980s. I sized down 1 to the 33x34, and the fit is great, a little tight in the areas that will stretch. I'm 6'2" and there is slight stacking. I wouldn't really want them any shorter. How much will the inseam increase with wear and how much will it decrease with a soak? Thanks.

wow I love the fabric of those engineer pants, but wish they didn't have that extra front pocket detail...otherwise robocopped

I think the pockets are great. They fit with the asthetic of "engineer pants." I've wanted hickory stripe jeans for a time now. It's a tossup between these and the stronghold, I'm glad there's a (difficult) choice. C'mon tax rebate!

I agree that they fit the look, but I'm not really capable of pulling of the cotton duck look, but I do desire some striped denim like that, and I much prefer these to the strongholds.

It doesn't appear to be riveted anywhere, I'm almost tempted to robocop and have my tailor remove that...are there any closer pictures of that pocket other than context. Ryan, do you know if it is denim on top of denim and it is "possible" to remove that pocket.

Stop the 360 rotation when the model is at a profile view and you'll see that the front pocket is riveted at the outside bottom corner. I wouldn't attempt to remove the pockets, I think that would be a very tricky process. I also think the large pockets are a great detail. This fabric is hard to do justice in an image. It is truly beautiful in person.

^^^

KMW is no longer producing the 1972.

We never stocked it, so you must be seeing it somewhere else.

The Fulton .50 from Earnest sewn is a rinsed fabric piece and fits slim, so if you fit a 38 in that you may very well fit a 36 in KMW 1950 which would be the cut for you given your description of your legs.

On the other hand, if you fit the Fulton your thighs can't be that big, and you should be able to fit the 1980 in size 36.

Ok i'm still kind of new to raw denim and so far the only pair of raw i've had was the Earnest Sewn Fulton 50's. Now i want a new pair and i was interested in the Kicking Mule Workshop 1972(Chinese Made) in the Earnest Sewn's i wore a sz 38 and i see you only have a sz 36 in the KMW's do you think i'll be able to fit them. Plus i have weird legs i have big thighs and skinny shins would that affect the fit of the jeans.

The Chinese production KMW bares little resemblance to the current production-- I highly recommend the latter. I'd be surprised if there are any left from the first season, especially the 1972 which was a bootcut. I don't think it went into production. We didn't buy it.

Fultons fit slim and so do 1980s. How do you feel about your Fultons after the stretch? You could grab a pair of the 1950s-- more room in the thigh, but they are slightly tapered.

Selling a pair of 2010's, size 32x32 brand new with tags. A friend came upon them, but they are too large for him, and my ass wears Stronghold everyday!!

$200 Shipped in the U.S. ......$75 off retail and free shipping.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=943674#post943674

• 2 weeks later...
ok i'm kind of skinny i'm a 27' waist

i've been looking for a nice pair of slim straight all black denim

i found the 1980's on the contextclothing website and i really like them

do you think a size 28 would be to baggy on me?

The 28s will work for you.

They fit like a 27.5.

I wear 26 NS and the 1980 Blacks fit me perfectly.

We only have a couple pair left, so don't sleep!

We recieved a shipment of Kicking Mules about two weeks ago. We recieved the 2010 in two washes and the 1980 in the rinse. We carry denim from 42 different brands in the store and I personally own over 100 pairs of jeans. I bought the 1980's in the rinse and for me they are the best fitting jeans that I have worn in years. Do yourselves a favor and check them out. This is not a solicitation and I do not have stock in the company! Literally every person who has tried them on has said the same thing and bought them.

Can't agree more...just got my 1980 Black from Context and it rocks!