Seven Jeans

Leeacto

Okay. I used to think they were cool because that's what everyone said for a while. Now I'm wondering what the big deal is. Is it just basically the wash and the cut? Just walking home from class today, I saw one pair ripped at the butt and like 3 others tattered at the heels. Chainstitched and selvage denim wouldn't ever let this happen. Am I missing something?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not necessarily.

read up the encyclopedia stuff.

i prefer selvage denim because it's classic and says a lot about the attention to detail, but it's not necessary. for example, selvage bootcut is not really possible. in order to keep the selvage outseam the outseam needs to be more or less straight.

iron heart is better quality than seven, no question. the production techniques are just superior. the joke england and everyone else is trying to make is that seven pays more attention to brand image than actual denim quality. people on this board are big into "raw" denim and quality of the garment; most don't like washed stuff.

iron heart is better quality than seven, no question. the production techniques are just superior. the joke england and everyone else is trying to make is that seven pays more attention to brand image than actual denim quality. people on this board are big into "raw" denim and quality of the garment; most don't like washed stuff.

^^i don't get why you are all holy newb protector when you joined last month. but of course you're right in this case.

eh i'm not being a holy newb protector, i'm just trying to give him a fair shot. chances are he's no different from anyone else. everyone starts somewhere. in case you didn't notice i changed from "newb protecting" to actually (hopefully) helping.

I think to say that most on here is into the denim for quality not fashion is a little at miss (and thus to say why "we" where such brands). I would think that a LOT of people on here traded in Sevens, Diesel, Energie, Paper Denim, etc...for thier new raws, just to move with fashion/trend and trick themselves into thinking it is for quality.

I do not know how to say ot best, but though the quality is better, most on here are into it for the style/fashion/cool thing to do. Just so happens now that these things intersect with quality.

a lot of people did do that. i, for one, didn't even wear jeans until this summer. really, i was disillusioned by the 7, diesel, a&f, and all the other "big" brands out there that everyone liked so much. i'd rather spend that money on actually good quality, versatile trousers. a.p.c.'s really got me on the shit. the quality was much better than the other stuff, the cut was good, and the price was decent. after i went to blueingreen i saw that the "real" japanese brands really were what they're cracked up to be and got a pair.

ill admit, i started getting into denim from sevens jeans, diesels, etc. its def not quality people go for when they buy sevens but more of the celeb-hyped image. same with true religion, rock&republic, etc etc. You see alot of celeb's wearin sevens and tons of girls go stampeding into the mall to pick up a pair. but really...sevens make girls' asses look magical. cant complain there.

I understand what everyone's saying. Outside of excellent marketing and being the "it" brand for many, what qualitative aspects do Sevens have over either raw selvage or even washed selvage (for those who just don't like raw feel)?

Are Sevens' denim really better quality than Iron Heart? I mean...they have some elastic or whatever in them, but what else? I don't know anything about Sevens' specific denim

no...

england was pulling your leg. iron heart is, like i said, much much better quality. there is nothing special about seven's denim. unless one particularly likes one of their original (i.e. uncopied) washes then there's really no point in buying seven over another brand.

nononono england was joking. Sevens are comparable to parchment paper.

And I disagree with the comment about Sevens making a girls ass look good. IMO very few girls loook good in them..but when they work..damn they work (usually on the skinnier types). But I saw one girl in Acnes and thought I was in heaven. I too got into designer denim before I discovered real quality shit. I just listened to what MetroPop Magazine and the like were telling me. I remember in my first week of being on SuFu wondering if my Paper Denims were selvage lol

I was always into plain designs, and weird brands. But, I was limited to Malls, and local shops. I never really liked Levi's. I chose Banana Republic jeans over Levi's. Cause the back pocket was plain, I guess. I had 1 diesal, thought it was some cool shit. Then, came superfuture. Then baught some Levi's ""premium"" and Nudie washed. Eventually, sold them all, cause I finally baught Japanese denim. So, sold everything, which I'm glad I was able to.

from a girls standpoint, sevens do fit easier & better on me than japanese denims, but i'll deal with a little bit of not perfect fitting for quality. however.... nothing has topped true religion in terms of fit for me, those suckers were made for my body. the big t styles have decent quality, they rarely rip, they are't very tough, but they are super soft and comphy.

the most important thing is to wear what you like, and screw what people tell you.

The element of quality is also fairly arbitrary.

A lot of the selvage jeans bought by members of this board also have rivets (instead of bartacks), heavy denim from high quality cotton, chainstiched hems, and solid hardware (buttons, zippers).

What hasn't been stated is that most of the folks here are students or people with deskjobs. Sure, you'll find exceptions, but by and large we're not working in mines or on construction sites and shit. So all this "quality" is not exactly being put to the use that it was originally intended for.

I would say, for the most part, that we (and the brands that make the jeans) are into the craftsmanship. While high craftsmanship typically manifests into quality, I think we're very much into the idea of time-honored traditions moreso than the all the bells and whistles. But that's just me...