Bad Ebay buys, time to share!

superBobo

Most of us have probably done some bad ebay pick ups..

I did one today (seller misrepresented the the item... can I do something more than give bad feedback? Can paypal do anything?)

Got a used Barbour jacket for what I thought was a steal. "Fairly used" was the description, in reality it had several holes, and the mesurements wasn´t correct. Not really alot of money, but enough with shipping and such to feel really meaningless..:mad:

..so share yours to ease the pain of mine!

Most of us have probably done some bad ebay pick ups..

I did one today (seller misrepresented the the item... can I do something more than give bad feedback? Can paypal do anything?)

Got a used Barbour jacket for what I thought was a steal. "Fairly used" was the description, in reality it had several holes, and the mesurements wasn´t correct. Not really alot of money, but enough with shipping and such to feel really meaningless..:mad:

..so share yours to ease the pain of mine!

I'd consider the term "fairly used" to be what it is: fairly used. But if the seller didn't mention holes, that's where you got scammed. Any time they neglect to mention smells, holes, rips...shitty seller. 'Cause even if it is beat up, a new wax dressing can make a difference.

back in the day i bought a shirt - it came with a huge bleach stain on the collar - i claimed with paypal and ebay and they let the seller off because he said it was damaged in transit and it wasn't his fault....

You know, because the postal service always sprays those packages with bleach and some leaked through into the box....

*incredulous*

back in the day i bought a shirt - it came with a huge bleach stain on the collar - i claimed with paypal and ebay and they let the seller off because he said it was damaged in transit and it wasn't his fault....

He shouldn't have been let off since it is his responsibility to ship it to you in the condition you bought it in. He could have filed with the post office for insurance (usually $100 is included) to get reimbursted. It is kind of funny since probably if you filed with the post office they would say it wasn't their fault because the seller packaged it poorly or something.

shipping anything overseas without a tracking # is a total pisser. i sold a northface i picked up at a goodwill for about $80, shipped it to england. the guy emailed me when he got it complaining, livid that it didn't fit. trying to work it out with him, no dice, but he filed with paypal and since there was no tracking # on it, he got his money back no questions asked. reciept wasn't valid proof. his emails complaining weren't valid proof. fucking paypal.

so I should be entitled to a refund including everything if I do a paypal (or ebay?) dispute, win it and send back the jacket?

Personally, I would message him asking for a full refund and say you will ship it back. If he doesn't want to do that, tell him you will start a claim with paypal. If he doesn't refund you then, then start a claim with paypal. The ebay auction mentions nothing about holes right? If it does then you can't do anything, but if it doesn't then it probably will be an easy win.

i had a shitty experience with a forum member who will rename nameless

he posted his ebay link in the marketplace and i emailed him and asked him if he was open to a BIN. He agreed and gave me a pretty good price. I paypaled him the money, but he never took the auction down. he didn't ship, and then when the auction price went over the BIN we set up, he backed out and said he wouldn't sell to me anymore. Then he took another two days to refund my money. And, not that this would have been an acceptable solution to me, but he didn't even give me the chance to match the ebay auction, because it was only 5 bucks more than the BIN price we agreed on.

this happend a few days ago, pretty pissed off. wanted to vent

for your recourse, file a complaint through ebay under dispute console in 'my ebay.' its like the last link towards the bottom of the navigation bar on the left.

if he didn't use delivery confirmation or any trackable method, file a claim with paypal saying you didn't get it and that will at least get your money back. like my shitty situation with the north face jacket, you will get your money no questions asked if he can't provide tracking information to prove it was delivered. then i would just mail it back to the dude to keep yourself honest. you'll at least get your money back in a roundabout way.

nah.. i was talking about the dude that started the thread with the jacket.

in your situation, you're covered under ebay/paypal. his situation is a little sticky, because a seller just needs a tracking number that proves something was delivered... even if it was an empty box. paypal's got a lot of holes in it.

I got a North Face McMurdo parka from a seller in Canada. Took over a month to get it, only to find out that it was being shipped from China. When I finally got the thing, it was probably fake and was a size L for a tagged S. I'd have rather had a Weibao jacket if I knew this would've been the case :(