grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

all of antisocial are mint. really chilled out mellow dubstep. think theyre coming to my city soon actually, and theyre at exodus/dmz on the 30th in leeds, (btw check that lineup out)

ive heard allstars 6 has been leaked too while we're on the dubstep tip....

2513496384_8784bf6547_o.jpg

show was pretty cool

played fix up, flex and a few other tracks i cant remember

stuff from boy in da corner and maths and english

played like 6 songs

then did a signing

he had a real show later with aesop rock and some others but it was 21+ and im still 20 so i didnt go

turns out his album is released on american label, so i guess ill he will be around america some more

pretty cool guy in person

sick, nice poster there too, i bet him n aesop rock was gooood.

anyone seen kano live? filled with uni students and stupid emo kids when i went but it was heavvvvy, was the new album promo, but he didnt over do it with tracks nobody knew which was good.

glad you enjoyed the dizzee gig :)

Wow, does anyone else think it's fucking bizarre that Def Jux is releasing Maths + English? Would have never guessed it.

I had to look twice at that poster when I saw their logo on the bottom right corner of it.

At first I was suprised, but in retrospect, it makes perfect sense. If he has any audience in the states, the defjux crowd is it.

the same approach worked out pretty well with lady sovereign / chocolate industries, so why not? it makes a lot more sense than beggars just sticking it with matador, i mean what the hell were they ever going to do with boy in da corner?

speaking of which, if you want some comedy gold check out the power 106 interview culminating with the host (felli fel) making him spell the album name b/c he can't understand his accent - instant classic. "whatchu know about swisha house, playa!"

mp3 was taken off the matador site but must be floating around somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

yeah dude - that shit is soooo good. so much deeper and more textured than his older stuff....i'm loving the vocals.

for those of you loving the whole dubstep/techno/minimal/berlin/steppy crossover vibes at the moment, get onto this....:

shiva - poundingtechno.com presents fingerprints volume 31 mix april 2008

d/l link can be found at http://djshiva.livejournal.com/109371.html

01. NIN - 25 Ghosts - NIN (00:00)

02. Scuba - Hard Boiled - Hotflush (01:13)

03. The Mole (loop) - Conversation Records (04:55)

04. Wifi Of The Undead - THD - unreleased (05:51)

05. Isomer Transition - Heavy Water - Future Days (08:10)

06. Distance - Feel Me - Chestplate (10:28)

07. Monolake - Remotable - Imbalance Computer Music (13:15)

08. Scuba - Outmost - Abucs (14:10)

09. Eidolon - Melt - unreleased (17:51)

10. Untold - Test Signal - Hessle Audio (21:05)

11. Sigha - Finite - unreleased (24:19)

12. abZ - Spot (DZ RMX) - unreleased (26:38 )

13. Andy Stott - Hostile - Modern Days (30:47)

14. Benga & Coki - Night (loop) - Tempa (33:33)

15. 2562 - Circulate - Tectonic (34:01)

16. DNCN & Mark Henning - Golf Clap - Gastspiel (36:19)

17. Various Production - Diver - Various Production (39:02)

18. Skream - Wobble That Gut - Tempa (40:53)

19. Robin Jacobs & Martex - Good Rock Dancin - Zuvuya (43:39)

20. TRG - Back In The Days - unreleased (48:44)

21. Substance & Vainqueur - Emerge 1 (British Murder Boys RMX) loop - Scion Versions (52:11)

22. NIN - 7 Ghosts (loop) - NIN (53:07)

23. Ian Lehman - The Butcher of Blue Ranch - unreleased (53:35)

24. T++ - 100 Bar - Erosion (55:53)

25. Dot - Chemical Waste - Immigrant (58:12)

26. Untold - Purify - Hessle Audio (59:07)

27. Cursor Miner - Grimewatch - Combat (62:35)

28. NIN - 21 Ghosts - NIN (64:43)

29. 2562 - 699 - Subsolo (65:24)

30. DNCN - Youyourself (loop) - Budenzauber (67:00)

31. Appleblim & Peverelist - Circling - Skull Disco (67:56)

THE MIX: My theory with this mix was to tap into a new sound filtering its way to the surface in the dubstep world as it moves closer to the techno sound, and also to represent the more adventurous techno sounds as well. There is much creativity to be found where these sounds are meeting in the middle.

Many people have only heard the slower sounding dubstep, but like any genre, it is not limited to those sounds. By layering the slower dubstep beats and bass underneath the more straightforward techno beats, I hope to find a rhythmic variation that taps into the core of both sounds. Of course, as you will hear, there is plenty of dubstep that is tapping into the more complex and energetic rhythmic patterns of techno (and any number of other influences) as well.

Using Ableton Live, I am able to layer multiple sources in a manner that allows for maximum adaptability and infinite possiblity. There is much "on-the-fly" manipulation, including looping and tweaking of effects, as well as instant re-imagining of each song's original composition. No song on this mix is heard quite in its original form. All have been tweaked and manipulated to suit the goal of the mix, which is to use the original sound sources to create something entirely new in the process. The songs are at the core of the mix, but in the end, I hope to have left my own fingerprint on the sometimes disparate, but always exciting music coming from both genres.

this mix is serious fire, you wont be disappointed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been listening to the Wheel Volume 1 compilation lately, which is a comp of some of the more interesting moments during grime sets on radio, all from '03 - '04.

Some of the tracks are classic bars spit, others are MC's calling others out. Anyone have any other discs similar to this worth checking?

I've been listening to the Wheel Volume 1 compilation lately, which is a comp of some of the more interesting moments during grime sets on radio, all from '03 - '04.

Some of the tracks are classic bars spit, others are MC's calling others out. Anyone have any other discs similar to this worth checking?

There's some great stuff on here.

What's most interesting about it is how subjective it is though. I guess he's focused on mostly earlier stuff, but a comp like this with no Big H/Skepta, RSG's (from ontop or 1xtra Halloween set) Scorcher (from CB times), Esco, or Gman, was surprising to me. On the other hand, I guess the best bits from this camp would be more 04-06 times.

I don't have any audio chopping software, but if I did, I would make an "other disc similar to this worth checking out." I got sets for days.

free download.

http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2008/08/modeselektors-jetlag-mix

Modeselektor's Jetlag Mix

Tracklisting

1. Kode9 vs. Badawi - Den of Drums (ROIR)

2. Cylob - With This Ring (Rephlex)

3. Dj Mujava - Township Funk (Warp)

4. 2562 - Techno Dread (Tectonic)

5. Black Noise - Nature of the Beast (Original Black Noise Mix 2) (End to End)

6. TRG - Missed Calls (Subway)

7. Screaming Soul - Warfare (Ruckspin & Planas Remix) (Ranking)

8. British Murderboys - Hate Is Such a Strong Word (Counterbalance)

9. Elemental - Blob (Runtime)

10. Alex Cortex - Huyendo pt.2 (Klang Elektronik)

11. Zomby - Strange Fruit (Ramp)

12. TRG - Oi! Killa! (Cool and Deadly)

13. Mr. Oizo - Patrick 122 (Ed Banger)