grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

Yeah, I've had that G Man set on rotation the past week. I was glad to hear mostly all new bars on this set. I like G Man, but damn I've heard the same bars on so many sets.

Which is something I'm worried I won't dig on his upcoming mixtape, plus whatever joints he does for the ladies like he stated in the interview. I respect that he's trying to get a bigger audience, but I usually can't get into those tracks.

Do you know if Spooky produced a majority of those beats?

• 2 weeks later...

As a whole tape, the new SN1 offering is okay at best, but the standouts are dope. They are, in my mind:

The Last Straw

Pack a Niggas (excusing "screw", who basically sounds like "young", Young Jeezy)

You should be ashamed

Sometimes I wonder

and of course "Get the Bally out" That sums up what's good about the tape.

I for one just got Kyze's solo, and Think it's a pretty solid release. I'm a big fan of his voice/flow, though it's a little akward at first, but more importantly, he can vary his content a bit, and a few of the "deep" tracks are actually not too cringe-worthy. I think both the tracks with TG are bangers.

• 2 weeks later...

last i heard it was dead and buried. the chinese democracy of dubstep?

that flylo x burial track isn't anything special...it just sounds like a rather poor mashup of some burial tracks (i glimpsed samples from etched headplate) and i dunno what.

if u listen to that mix kode9 actually gives some good insight into the crossover between the LA and london sounds and how it arose. I predict some more collabs between those artists, and hopefully the sound will evolve. mary anne hobbs played low end theory not so long ago. I'm trying to plan a trip over to the states this summer, if i make it over to the west coast then i'm definately gonna try hit up the club. anybody been?

o and for some more next level shit check out 2000f & jkamata - you don't know what love is, dubstep+funk = funkstep. Just ordered the 12" - can't fuckin wait.

yehh its definately got a crossover vibe, sinden played it a while back on his kiss fm mix.

i havent had the internet at home for a bit (in fact i'm jacking this wireless signal) and i'm actually loving the lack of media saturation, i'm getting back into tunes rather than mixes again and i gotta say its like a breath of fresh air...

mary anne hobbs played low end theory not so long ago. I'm trying to plan a trip over to the states this summer, if i make it over to the west coast then i'm definately gonna try hit up the club. anybody been?

I'm going to try to go next week, i'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
kiss are on the dubstep tip now too?

I haven't listened to that station in years haha, the only show i only ever listen to if at all is MAH's show..

hatcha's been playing on kiss for time.

went to this on friday

n197811526_44216288_3248.jpg

sets got a bit strange towards the end though, thankfully there was barely any funky.

^ fuck corsica studios. was there last month for the vagabondz sukh knight ep release and got kicked out cos they thought we were blazing in the venue. the bouncer is a cunt. THe soundsystem was fucking weak as well.

THe lineup looks pretty decent though, what did you mean that the sets got weird?

Some different sounding dubstep from russia, rave-y stuff im quite impressed but tehy gotta do something about the weak bass:

http://www.subnoto12.ru/PRZCD24086-promo-mix.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that snoop track is really weak.

I need a song ID, I don't know who it is rapping the the chorus:

"sometimes I wonder is this real, is this real? could life alone effect the way i feel? wish I could just lay back and chill, but i really need to know is this real?"

THANKS!

Cross post from the other thread but what are peeps thinking of Doorly? Particuarly the remix of Calvin Harris

http://www.myspace.com/doorlyuk

Oh and for those of you who aren't in tune with shitty Australian dramas may have missed the rediculous dubstep reference in Neighbours recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU65qOsluL8

Around 2:20

wolves, if u want to move this to a more grime direction, i saw the newham generals 2 weeks ago at fwd>>. i gotta say i was a fan up until that day esp the track they did with ghetto. that d double e guy or whatever spits the same god damn lines over and over and i gotta say hes the ugliest motherfucker i've ever seen. the night got much better when youngsta took over.