grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

i saw kode9 and spaceape at mutek in montreal in june. before that, when i listened to dubstep at home, or on headphones, i found it a bit underwhelming.

then i heard it on a proper system and it makes complete sense. so much of the texture of the music and the layers of bass are lost if they're not moving through your entire body, not just your ears. i don't think this is unique to dubstep, but it is definitely more characteristic of it.

I went to the Wiley show Alone and wasted off my face.

That shit was a real dissapointment. Crowd was real thin, The openers/hypemen were some second-string manchester grime fools, and worst of all, wiley did his set with NO DJ....just a fucking unmanned laptop sitting behind him.

Weak.

Plus I thought every tall white kid (of which there were many) or short spanish kid (of which there were few) was OMC or Notesee.

As for sets????

I got raw sets for days, many of which have been posted in the past, some of which were ignored, and some of which were never posted.

I'll get bak on the sets thing soon.

i'm not surprised about wiley at the knit, i saw him at a weird world music festival at north six - same deal with the crowd (maybe about ten ppl). it's tough to carry a set without other mc's so there was never any flow or energy to it.

i wish i could've seen him with roll deep when they came through but was out of town for that one. real shame because he's such a legend in my book - i'll probably never get to see him in a proper context though happily there seem to be enough pirate radio and sidewinder type sets going around.

Plus I thought every tall white kid (of which there were many) or short spanish kid (of which there were few) was OMC or Notesee.

That's some funny shit ... sucks that the show wasn't as ill as it could've been. I still want to see some grime heads, real bad.

What weekend was that Roll Deep and Kane & Ghetts shit?

Any luck with uploading the Big H sets?

That's some funny shit ... sucks that the show wasn't as ill as it could've been. I still want to see some grime heads, real bad.

What weekend was that Roll Deep and Kane & Ghetts shit?

Any luck with uploading the Big H sets?

That was a weekend in 2005 I think?

I also saw roll deep, kane and ghetto in the park with Juelz santana for free. That shit was like an overseas grime fans dream.

I'm working on the H sets. Thing is, I have his material all over the place, on different CD's, and two computers. I want to put together a good zip, so I need certain things I can't find at the moment cause I'm a perfectionist. It WILL happen eventually though.

That was a weekend in 2005 I think?

I also saw roll deep, kane and ghetto in the park with Juelz santana for free. That shit was like an overseas grime fans dream.

I'm working on the H sets. Thing is, I have his material all over the place, on different CD's, and two computers. I want to put together a good zip, so I need certain things I can't find at the moment cause I'm a perfectionist. It WILL happen eventually though.

Nice man, what park was it at? Haven't seen many shows at outdoor spots, but there's nothing better than drinking in the park and catching a good show live in the summer.

'dubstep changed my life'

at goldsmiths student union on friday, who'dathunk skream and oneman would be playing in my university?

hope someone has bothered to mention barefiles with regards to getting mixes etc.

Barefiles is back running? I used to use the site last year, but it had went down for a while.

The SHIFT crew pretty much run things as far as DUBSTEP goes here in Seattle. Check out their website

westcoastdubstep.com

there's a pretty good amount of free mixes from our own local producers as well as larger names: CLAW, Benga and Hatcha, etc, etc.

They also have their own record label ...

www.shiftrecordings.com

As well as an internet radio show on

dubstep.fm

I'll have one of the guys get on here and sort out the links proper like... until then...

enjoy!

saw kode9 at exodus last saturday, those who know will know the ridiculousness of that lineup, and previous ones, was mental to say the least. but yeah, kode bloody smashed it! absoluteuly sick selection, proper mental sega style tunes, look out for 'sunset dub' by quarta330 i think, might be on his latest rinse show but i'm really not sure, heavy tune either way.

what dubstep tunes are people feeling at the moment anyway?

anyone loving the Burial - Untrue album as much as I am?

Also, I mentioned this a while back, but does anyone have access to tracks or mixes by Taz Buckfaster?

late.

his drum programing boring and annoying fast.

ghosthardware is the only track from it that I play anymore and that came out on that ep from a while back