ugly/overrated supergays

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats The Wire? we dont get it here, not yet atleast. we generally get tv shows about a season behind, some come right away though and some even after a couple of years.

best show on tv lawwrrryy.

HBO drama about inner city baltimore MD. As correct a portrayl of urban slum america as you could possibly get. download em lowry. it'll be worth your time.

whats The Wire? we dont get it here, not yet atleast. we generally get tv shows about a season behind, some come right away though and some even after a couple of years.

it's a HBO series about drug-related crime and police investigation in Baltimore (which, if those in europe don't know, is one of the most dangerous cities in the states, they average around a murder a day). It began in 2002 and just finished it's fourth season. Seasons 1-3 are on DVD.

After season one the take a bit of a departure, a lot of people didn't like it. I thought the casting was amazing and once you get to season 3 it's all back on track. Watch the last few episodes and move on!

a lot of people say this (that season 2 wasn't AS good), but i kinda liked it. it really showed that the show was about the city of baltimore, not just drug dealers, but everything about how f-ed that city is (like with all the city hall stuff in season 3, or the schools in season 4).

plus my girlfriend lived in baltimore for a long time and recognizes all the locations, so she appreciated that they showed white projects along with the black projects in season 2. the city is just messed up, it's not always a race thing, and i like how season 2 captured that.

a lot of people say this (that season 2 wasn't AS good), but i kinda liked it. it really showed that the show was about the city of baltimore, not just drug dealers, but everything about how f-ed that city is (like with all the city hall stuff in season 3, or the schools in season 4).

plus my girlfriend lived in baltimore for a long time and recognizes all the locations, so she appreciated that they showed white projects along with the black projects in season 2. the city is just messed up, it's not always a race thing, and i like how season 2 captured that.

agreed.......

ha

when i was 16, this was 1994, i went to baltimore with a couple of friends, arriving there at about 2:30 AM-----we had no idea where we were going and just wandered around. then we saw some homeless (?) dude sitting on the steps under a neon cross. he was using a lead pipe as a cane. he introduced himself as "tony the warrior" and was kind enough to show us to a sandwich shop where we could buy him a sandwich as payment for his services as tourguide. when some ne'r-do-wells approached, he'd shake the lead pipe and say "they're mine".

i dunno. it was a long, scary night. i'm not sure how we shook tony.

Homicide Life on the streets was also a pretty good Baltimore based show. Until they screwed it up the last couple of seasons.

that show was overated in my opinion. i guess it was edgy for the time it was released, but nowhere near the same class as the wire.

miz, i agree, season 3 is excellent.

can we retitle this thread, "The Wire thread"...? clearly we are in need of one.

^^DDML, that story is great. tony the warrior should be on sufu.

season 2 was ok. def. the weak link imo. It's cool that they built some of the characters in season 4 from season 2 though (ie. the greek), but overall, i don't think i really could watch it again. I was asking a buddy of mine who lived in west bmore for a few years if he ever watched that show and he said no. But he said that there are entire street blocks in west bmore that are abandoned. At least for me, going to baltimore everytime, the show really hits the nail on the head. Of that exact city. I'd love to compare it to other urban ghettos ie. North Philly, Providence, etc. But there is something so baltimore about baltimore. It has this "charm" to it that you can never place your finger on, you hate when you're there, but you romanticize when you're away. Yeah, baltimore is a shit hole.