Dry Stuff of LVC A/W 07 Collecetion

cultizm

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like we dont get LVC's in the US. I havent see anywhere to get it, online (Levi.com) there's only like 2 pairs.

Im too scared of buying off Ebay, i dont want to deal with fakes.

Where do you guys get urs?

In terms of denim weight, color/texture, and cut, how close is the LVC '66 501 to the originals? I know that the LVC '55s are fairly close to the originals but I just can't pull off such wide legged jeans, so I've been eyeing the '66s as a possible purchase at the end of this year..

Is this line available at any stores in LA?

Yes, I bought a pair of LVC 1947 501's at the Levi's store in 3rd Street Promenade in Sta. Monica. They also carry LVC's at the American Rag et Cie store on La Brea Avenue in Los Angeles.

In terms of denim weight, color/texture, and cut, how close is the LVC '66 501 to the originals? I know that the LVC '55s are fairly close to the originals but I just can't pull off such wide legged jeans, so I've been eyeing the '66s as a possible purchase at the end of this year..

I've seen but not worn the '66 501s and they look good - denim is excellent, altho I don't know about the shape. With the 55s, at the risk of repeasing myself, bear in mind that if you size down, they make good, pretty slim fit jeans, more anti fit than the 47s with a slightly higher rise, I reckon. QUite a lot fo the percieved difference between the various 501 cuts is simply down to the sizing - over the years, the 30s and earlier jeans seem to be sized bigger than the tag denotes, while the 47 in particular is smaller.

I can't remember whether the initial query is on this thread or not, but a friend of mine has the 47 Canes, he tends to buy small waist sizes, and I wouldn't have said the cut looked much wider or boxier than my LVC 47s, if at all..

Edit: note, bny the way, that despite all those claims to the contrary, Cone are still supplying the STF fabric. The sanforized denim comes from Kaihara. When I have a chance I'll check who does the 201 fabric, and whether it's the same as did the previous versions.

I've seen but not worn the '66 501s and they look good - denim is excellent, altho I don't know about the shape. With the 55s, at the risk of repeasing myself, bear in mind that if you size down, they make good, pretty slim fit jeans, more anti fit than the 47s with a slightly higher rise, I reckon. QUite a lot fo the percieved difference between the various 501 cuts is simply down to the sizing - over the years, the 30s and earlier jeans seem to be sized bigger than the tag denotes, while the 47 in particular is smaller.

I can't remember whether the initial query is on this thread or not, but a friend of mine has the 47 Canes, he tends to buy small waist sizes, and I wouldn't have said the cut looked much wider or boxier than my LVC 47s, if at all..

Edit: note, bny the way, that despite all those claims to the contrary, Cone are still supplying the STF fabric. The sanforized denim comes from Kaihara. When I have a chance I'll check who does the 201 fabric, and whether it's the same as did the previous versions.

So Paul what you're saying is the proportion of the jeans is the same (leg width vs waist) so say (just for instance) a size 38 47 LVC would fit very similar to a smaller size (just for instance) a 34 in SC 47. The leg circumference, leg opening and waist size are in the same proportion?

So Paul what you're saying is the proportion of the jeans is the same (leg width vs waist) so say (just for instance) a size 38 47 LVC would fit very similar to a smaller size (just for instance) a 34 in SC 47. The leg circumference, leg opening and waist size are in the same proportion?

Not quite! But it's the sizing differences that is one reason why the 47s are so slim. The 55, worn small, looks trim but different - boxier, definitely more 50s, with that high waist. The proportions are still different, but the small size of the 47 exaggerates its slim cut. (By the way, this assertion should come with a health warning, it is opinion, not via any information from LVC. Altho at some point i hope to track down the pattern-cutter I haven't done so.)

And, come to think of it, does anyone know - Dejan? - why LVC sometimes does the intbetween sizes - ie the 33 unshrunk waist I need - and sometimes doesn't?

Not quite! But it's the sizing differences that is one reason why the 47s are so slim. The 55, worn small, looks trim but different - boxier, definitely more 50s, with that high waist. The proportions are still different, but the small size of the 47 exaggerates its slim cut. (By the way, this assertion should come with a health warning, it is opinion, not via any information from LVC. Altho at some point i hope to track down the pattern-cutter I haven't done so.)

And, come to think of it, does anyone know - Dejan? - why LVC sometimes does the intbetween sizes - ie the 33 unshrunk waist I need - and sometimes doesn't?

Thanks Paul as usual a great source of info.

I just got a pair of SC 47s yesterday. They fit looser than LVCs. They're being hemmed now at BiG. I'll measure them against my 2006 LVC 47s of the same size this week...

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know why Cone are using different types of denim on the 1937, 1947, 1955 and 1966 jeans, ( 1937 XX20 cone fabric, 1947 XUVS cone fabric, 1955 XX50 cone fabric, 1966 XL cone fabric), and does anyone know anything about these different fabrics?

Any official release date for this stuff? Gotta get a Type 1! Also, will the entire range be available in the States?

should be available in July although a few pieces might get out before then.

I'm in the same boat....Type I for me please sir!

we forgot to mention, that we know offer tax free shopping on all orders ex europe!

shipment will be the same. next day delivery to the US and Canada.

the new collcetion of LVC will be available in the 1st week of July next month.

at the end of month we will have the opportunity to see the S/S 08 collcetion of LVC.

This collection seems to have the 1901 again. But more at the end of the month

take care wherever you are

cultizm

^^

co sign on the 55s. Probably my next lvc buy (or that depends on how the 201 will turn out). Vintagedenim.de has the 55s for a good price.

Think I will have to choose one of em'. Hard choice. Have been wantin' a pair of 60's 501 since I saw Hells Angels on Wheels. But the 55 is Marlon Brando and The Wild One.