The Evolution Of Your Denim Collection (Pre/Post SuFu)

justinbaily21

I was looking at them all today and I couldn't help but laugh. Here they are in order of purchase from 1999:

Nautica

Old Navy Carpenter

Old Navy Relaxed/Bootcut

Wal Mart Brand (does it even matter what the cut was?)

Old Navy Regular (This was near the beginning of high school and I wanted to get more dressed up, hence the regular cut)

Levi's (Can't tell the cut, but definitely from Wal Mart)

Lucky Brand (they were on sale down from 160-170 for 80 so I though, "What a deal!" Wow.)

*Have an empiphany and begin to think that there may be a difference in the quality of some denim brands...

Levi's 505 Black (I think I'm ballin' picking up a pair of jeans whose cut I knew before they were actually purchased. I find this fact a bit disturbing and am afraid that I am getting a little obsessive)

Sevens Bootcut, crazy distressed ("Wow, I'm stylish and enlightend. I have the best." Again... wow.)

*I think begin to look things up about them to find out how to best take care of them. I discover a website called "styleforum" with the text "Sevens" in a thread and look in to see what good things they are saying about them... :box:

Studio d'Artisan 103 cut with archs and tabs still intact (Sick)

Samurai 5000VX (Genisis 1 "And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.")

I'd also like to mention that in those years I have gone from a 34"-36" waist to a 32" (I'm about a 31 1/4"), and I have definitely not lost weight or anything. I must have been sizing up at least 6 sizes at one point... My jeans are done for some time, now I need to focus on finding some decent shirts for my build (broad at the shoulder, narrow at the hip) and a good pair of vintage Nike's to go with the Sams.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha.. damn those carpenter jeans were really a big trend weren't they? Glad I never hopped on that...

I didn't really have that EXTREME amount of change, but I did used to buy Old Navy and Gap jeans, also several sizes too big, like 4 inches too big and then wear them low, thats if I couldnt find any smaller sizes. I didnt seem to care. Im glad I found Japanese denim though, cause I can find my size, which is nice

Pre - Levis 501, Levis 505, Lee, Gap, Banana Republic, JNCO?!, G-Star, Diesel, Lucky Brand, Sevens, Damage, Nudies

Post - APC NS, Sugarcane 47, S5000BK, Dior 19cm, Skulls 5010xx 6x6

when i was a kid my dream was to own 1 pair of every brand of jeans in the world. now i know that this is not just unnecesary but also a bit stupid. it kinda seems like i had some of everything. levis, lee, bugle boy, arizona jeans company, anchor blue, ecko, outkast, calvin klein, guess, polo/polo jeans company, rustlers, mavi, paper denim, diesel, lucky, and a bunch of others. since finding this place i have retired everything and have gotten some nudies, samurais, and now imperials.

pre:

gap

ezekiel(skate jeans)

levis(primarily 505s since i was real young)

american eagle (they were a gift)

mavis

diesel

acne mic

sugar cane 1947s

levi's japan A505 xx

julian red cali no wash

julian red hobo no wash

cheap monday tight grey

lee knox

levi's strummer

wayback...

tommy

nautica

polo

I had a pair of diesel pleather jeans in like '97.... i wish i still had them

more recent

gap

express (lots of around 2002)

american eagle

moving on

diesel

g-star

citizens of humanity

evisu

nudie

post sufu

sugar cane okinawa

samaurai 19 oz

5EP

Kicking mule - awa

Damn...

Jeans, Uh... Old Navy, to Sean John, Rocawear, to Banana Republic,Diesal and baught one Abercrombie pants... then to Levi's Premium Skinner, Nudie washed.

Then to SugarCane 1947 with only the red tab no arcs. Then baught another Japanese denim, and that's on deck. Then, I sold all my jeans, except for the two Japanese jeans, and my Banana Republic jeans are for work.

Pre:

G-star, Diesel, Cheap Monday, Acne, Evisu

Ande Whall, Studio D'Artisan

Kinda radical change, and the funny thing is that I am certain that i will NEVER wear a pair of pre-sufu brands again...

im in love with jap denim now forever..

pre:

abercrombie straight leg>>energie flare>>true religion bootcut>>diesel zathan

acne hep raw>>dior homme black raw 19cm>>nudie bootcut ola raw>>45rpm sorahiko o/w>>apc new cures>>studio d'artisan 103>>number (n)ine black skinny>>nudie ssk>>julian red hobokens>>dior homme indigo 19cm>>samurai 710wx

In order

pre: starting 2002

Gap (a lot of them)-> Levi's premium (amazing denim still by my standards today)-> a few pairs of sevens (all discount)-> Diesel Zathan 772-> Other diesels-> Two pairs of levis blue stars which I also love

Earnest Sewn black raws-> APC new cures-> PBJ XX005 -> my new favorites Dior japanese 19s.

Also from the beginning to the end 35in waist (195lbs) -> 31in waist (145lbs) not due to superfuture

7 jeans washed--> Antik Western bootcut--> Prada Raw, straight cut--> Rock & Republic washed--> Evisu Red/Kanji daicock--> Neighborhood Narrow Staright--> Neighborhood Basic Straight washed--> evisu x puma--> evisu No1 special dragon embroidery--> RMC Green Eric So pocket, RMC Volcano 06--> RMC x Softhard ltd--> PRPS purple selvedge--> PRPS after burner--> RMC camo Daickock LTD--> PRPS Resin treated--> Evisu Embroidery Daicock gold/yellow--> Nudie Regular Ralph--> Prada loose Fit--> Evisu Tokyo/osaka/paris embroidery--> RMC Dancing samurai + flaming fist--> RMC ghost warrior + Sensou Kirai--> RMC Sensour Kirai + Sitting Samurai--> RMC Gold Eric so LTD--> Evisu gold daickock embroidery--> Evisu Vintage slim cut--> ETRO of MIlano straight cut--> Evisu Seagull + gull embroidery--> Evisu Gold daickock LTD--> Dior Straight cut Selvedge.

2 years ago:

seven

just cavalli

D&G

Ernest Sewn

A&G

Antik

True Religion

NOW:

Evisu red kanji/daicock--> neighborhood narrow cut--> PRPS pruple selvedge--> Nudie Regualr ralf--> Evisu camo daickock--> RMC green eric so pockets--> RMC volcano pocket--> PRPS after burner--> Evisu gold/yellow embroidered daickock--> RMC x Softhard callabo LTD--> Evisu No1 Special dargon pockets--> PRPS Resign affect--> BBC Dog and Astronaught emboridery in orange--> Evisu tokyo/osaka/paris embroidery--> Prada loose fit washed jeans--> Evisu x puma destroyed callabo--> ETRO Milano straight cut--> Evisu gold daicock embroidery--> RMC ghost warior + Sensou Kirai--> RMC flaming fist + Dancing swordsman--> RMC sitting samurai + sensou kirai--> RMC gold eric so pockets LTD--> Evisu Heritage yellow paint daickock--> Evisu No2 in gold and gold paint daicock--> Evisu seagul + gull embroidery--> Dior staright selvedge

Pre

Levis 501 and a pair of Levi's bootcuts, I think. I wasn't a huge jeans guy, mostly Dickies work pants and the like.

APC NS, Dior Raw Indigo 19cm. In 7 or 8 months I'm thinking I'll probably need another pair of straight legs / something looser than the Diors, so probably a pair of Raw Black Imperial Dukes.

pre

levi's premium and non distressed diesel

too many fucking jeans.

word.

'fore:

levi's and levi's premium were the only jeans i paid for, really. had a pair of undistressed kratts i got from a friend in trade, and a pair of grey, broken twill gap jeans from the $5 clearance rack.

after:

broke the dry denim cherry with a pair of bootcut olas from blake. then, rrl slims from ebay, imperial dukes direct from INFO @ imperial, apc ns from mauro, somét blacks and 14.5oz indigos direct from manufacturer, jr nikkis from forum member Spencer... haven't bought jeans the "normal" way (you know, trying them on in a store before purchase :)) in a long time!