My 11 yr old daughter in Sammies. WTF?

mikesduc

woooooa woooa wooa dude hold up here. how is it they didnt fit your wife? how small are they? YOu know that when she buttons them up that they should barley even fit her?

Although i dont know about the Gisha's, im guessing they are pretty similar to the Samurais since the same company makes them. im guessing they're button fly which at that point your wife should wear them even though they will be hard to breath in.

Samurai's are notorious for streatching. expect a pair to streach back to the raw size in hips even. Although you will get pretty good shrinkage lengthwise and some in the seat, the hips will shrink a tad bit then streach back out a grip.

I think they look too big for your daughter, i would avoid giving them to her. I soaked my sammies in boiling hot water from the stove added to the hottest water from my tub. And they still always manage to streach back out. Even since my sammies are originally actually a size larger than what i wear.

You say the sammies are a size 26? if your wife is a size 28 or 29, give them back to her. sure it will be uncomfortable for a week or two of daily straight wear but it should get better.

Or save them until your daughter gets older then give them to her. that way you also got an excuse/threat for everytime she does something bad you can say "well i guess your not getting the gishas then"

Does your daugther like them?

Does she like the way they fit?

If she's down...why the hell not let her have them? Sure it's expensive, the honeycombs will be a bit messed up, or she may not last very long...but who cares really.

Who knows, it might give the two of you special bond.

You've got them now, give it a try!

I'm curious to see how this turns out!

reasons why not to let her keep them:

she might be made fun of

she eventually wont like them im sure. shell start to hate how they look and never wear them again.

if youre going to spend that much money, get some jeans that fit her.

skull lindas are cheaper anyways.

or go for some "beginner" jeans like apcs.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that 11 year olds GROW. Even if they're big now, they'll fit in 6 months. Would be interesting to see how the fade patterns change over a year of wear...

im pretty sure they dont grow that fast. in fact, im pretty sure that it will take her until highschool to fully fill those out. thats how big they look.

I think you should just hot-soak and tailor it but remember to leave room for her growth. Fortunatly, she will get an stunning pair by her graduation. Then maybe she will be the next designer to rule the world haha.

I'm leaning to letting her keep them.

Reasons:

1. She's my daughter and I am putty in her hands.

2. After the shrink I think they'll look decent.

3. She doesn't care what other people think, if she likes them that's all that matters to her.

4. I hate A&F's exploitative advertising.

5. I Don't want to get her something that fits her now cause she'll grow out of them too fast.

6.I'd like to have a sammy contest with her.

It's worth it to have something like that to share between a dad and his daughter. The fact that she's independent enough to wear something completely different than her peers is very cool. I just spent way more than that on a motorcycle for my 3 year old because he really wants to ride with me. Shared interests and time spent together is worth so much. Let her rock the sammies.

More thoughts on shark's post: Parental judgement and common sense IMO do not apply to fit of jeans. They have to do with monitoring a child's development into a functioning and happy person. You do this by fostering a sense of personal responsibility, respect of yourself and others, awareness of the world around you and where your child fits into that world.

Posting this thread was not about SuFu making decisions for us. it was about having fun with my daughter and letting her share one of my passions on an equal basis. Up until this post it was exactly that. Even the post about Begs coming out of the woodwork was funny. Your post though reflects the attitude of some people that you should shelter your children from the world rather than prepaing them to live in it. Internet pervs are much less a concern to me than my child being aware of the dangers she faces now and will face in the future.

In closing I hope you take my response in the spirit it was given. Basically Fuck off and go live life. If you lose sleep over internet pervs you need to reevaluate your parenting skills. if you need help with that please feel free to contact me.

I think you letting her keep them is awesome, some day they will fit like a glove and she will be the hottest damn thing in HS. Then you can worry. BIG TIME.

But until then, let her rejoice in a baggy pair of jeans that will be as soft as butter withthe way kids treat their clothes in no time.