are these evisu fakes?

big_w

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jeans the dude posted previously are obvious fakes. The jacket looks good, but it's hard to tell without further pics. If it's a fake, it's a good one. Some inside labels would help, as would some closeups on the hardware.

Closeups of hardware. The label doesn't state where it was made, which seems a bit odd.

4uxjqzt.jpg

525r3hf.jpg

4p3pous.jpg

645mt6p.jpg

So- real or fake?

is there any selvedge on the inside? that is a good thing to look for.

actually, that's a good question... i don't know about the jackets, but typically all of the cinchbacks will show slight selvedge on their backside (often one color on one side, another on the other). so flip that cinchback and see...

• 1 month later...

hi everybody!

remeber: all the original evisu have a cotton shape inside the back pokets!

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Closeups of hardware. The label doesn't state where it was made, which seems a bit odd.

So- real or fake?

it is actually quite normal for european evisu pieces to not have anything mentioning where they were made.

your jacket is legit, there was no need for further pics than the ones you posted at first.

If you didn't buy the jacket from an evisu store in Japan from a few years ago, then its a high probability that it's fake. I forget when they started licensing their product, but I know it was pretty recent. Back then, it was almost impossible to get this product. So anything bought outside of Japan before 2003 is probably fake.

if you don't know what you are talking about, you should just shut the hell up.

evisu has been in the UK since at least 1998, and i have seen those very same jackets in europe (spain, portugal,uk,italy) since forever.

if you don't know what you are talking about, you should just shut the hell up.

evisu has been in the UK since at least 1998, and i have seen those very same jackets in europe (spain, portugal,uk,italy) since forever.

Whoa buddy, no need to get your panties in a bunch. If they were in Europe in 98,then great. So maybe I was mistaken. Sorry for the mistake. But telling me to shut the hell up? Its like me telling you to shove your nut sack up your ass for no reason.

But I won't because thats rude.

i get seriously annoyed when people in forums come talking like they know what's up and give false and misleading information when a user is looking for help.

if you don't know the answer, just shut up, you are better contributing nothing to a thread than contributing information that is wrong

i get seriously annoyed when people in forums come talking like they know what's up and give false and misleading information when a user is looking for help.

if you don't know the answer, just shut up, you are better contributing nothing to a thread than contributing information that is wrong

Okay, thats the second time you told me to shut up. I already apologized for making a mistake on a post. Am I telling you to shut up for being an uptight twit? No. This is an internet forum, where anyone can post what they know. AND if they just happen to be wrong, there are dickheads like you who can correct them.

So if you can be a grown-up about it, the world would appreciate it.

what about the coin pocket selvedge? are the fakes adding that detail along with hidden rivets?

Good question....But the most glaring flaw of fakes is the leather patch. They're almost never (I haven't seen any) leather. I'm not certain, but wouldn't they need vintage machines to make coin selvage?

i have the same pair of evisus but mines are paint of the back pockets not stiched! i wonder if mine are fake ill post pics later!

No, you'res are probably authentic also. This jean, with the logo pocket and the lotus flower pocket was from about a year ago. Evisu also did them with White logos, and Red, and most likely a few more colors.... When this model came in, there were a few pairs that had been screen printed with the logo's instead of embroidered with chain stich. This was attributed to a factory error on Evisu's part. Either they shipped samples by accident, or had two versions of the same pant that got mixed up. Both should have the same style number, and both are legit.

Hi, mc-guiyom and buda... I think your jeans are genuine, mostly because I also have a pair...Lot 0001, size 34, no country of origin on the tag. I got them on sale...I thought I'd give them a go because mine have no design on the back pockets and they feature kamon flower rivets (i.e. that odd floral pattern embroidered on the back of mc-guiyom's, but in rivet form). The label said "choose pocket" when I bought them, so I assume they're a blank pair that nobody had specified a design for. Suits me, as really the only thing I'd go for would be hand-painted gulls, and I think that's out of my price range. They've actually worn in to be really nice jeans; slouchier than I'd usually like but they've started to fade interestingly nonetheless. I'll put up some pics soonish.

these are some i bought about a year ago. ive seen lost a lot of weight these are a 42 i havent seen many of these around so i got to wondering if they are real.

when i bought them the tag said matrix everything seems right to me ,but these were hard to break in!! no sign of honeycombs or anything they are a lot lighter denim than my other evisus too plus no lot # or size on the patch....

SSCN2632.jpg

SSCN2633.jpg

SSCN2634.jpg

SSCN2635.jpg