football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

lol, a liverpool fan calling rooney judas? now i've seen everything. :D

and i'm not saying lennon was shit, it's probably the way capello wants him to play or something, as he's not playing anything like the way he does for Spurs.

Every time he gets it, he passes it back and then makes run, rather than running at his marker and getting a cross in - which i think he's terrific at. Perhaps he's not sure of himself, but at this point I'd just like to see the whole team just say fuck it and play their hearts out for once.

we can't keep the ball, everyone knows this so i'm not sure what all this pussyfooting is all about..

Guest I LOVE LFC
isn't stevie me entertaining leaving for madrid? rats leaving a sinking ship, eh?

I've heard he's turned it down, but I can't see him going to another English club or Italy, so that may change after the group stage exit.

Even if he is leaving, he's done more than enough for us over the past 10 years.

The reason england don't play together is the north/south devide. No matter how much the players say they get along, they hate each other deep down, hence the non-flowing, typically boring football, I don't like saying it, but they play like Liverpool, a lot of negativety.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Why is it?

They hate each other whilst playing against each other in the league, so do they magically change their state of mind to play with each other?

Carragher pulled out the first time because he hated Gary Neville that much. Club before country any day of the week.

Milner getting subbed on the 30th minute

SWP and lennon were the only 2 players getting behind defenders but none managed to get in good shots/crosses

Heskey having a glorious 1-on-1 but not clinical enough to finish it(Defoe would have scored?)

How many yellow cards did england pick up?

I thought there were reports that Joe Hart was the no. 1 in goal?

haha musta just been itv hd ... caught it on utv (supplier of itv in ireland) and wasn't a problem.

no england fan but fell so sorry for green; guess he has to be dropped now -- simply because his convidence will be zero.

haha slovenia v nz can't wait ... BBC have sidestepped the green hype brilliantly, so far.

I am watching in Taipei so I am not sure if it is the same for you guys in Uk or the States but do they play that fuckin Shakira song non stop during break where you live as well? It is seriously driving me crazy. Along with the fuckin horns!

Yeah the espn/abc coverage is pretty terrible besides the games being a little bit boring. I've been noticing this, but mike tirico from espn keeps saying "goaltender" and ruud gullit or jurgen klinnsman smile every single time.

On another note, Germany's been impressive so far. The formation seems to work and I like some of their young guys like ozil, muller, and trochowski (who isnt playing right now).

Edit: And for England, their midfield set-up is terrible. The mistake in goal covered that up a little bit. Lampard doesn't work with gerrard because he likes going forward always and doesn't make the quick passes, and can only do that well if he has a holding midfielder behind. I would say switch out lampard for carrick. And I really do not know what heskey is still playing professional football let alone being england's starting striker in the world cup.

sorry, i guess i don't pay enough attention to international football. in england he's 26 goals in 165. funny how the second these german players put on a national uniform they turn into goal scoring machines. seen him fluff it in front of the goal countless occasions for chelsea. there's a reason he's never been picked for my fantasy side :)

I'm glad we got embarassed, our fault for bringing a side thats way to old. The germans said they were gonna destroy us down the sides and Oezil did it beautifully. I'm not a big soccer fan but i enjoyed watching us get dismantled. Would be cool if we had abit more development of youth soccer. I don't think we have that many up and coming players.