football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

the problem with not beating USA is that they could easily beat slovenia and algeria and top the group if we don't now take advantage.

i just hope the guys who underperformed pull up their socks.

also noticed players like swp and lennon being overly cautious, I can only recall one moment where aaron used his pace and got a cross in, as we expect from a pacy winger..

oh come on, Green was actually pretty decent, bar one howler. Save your wrath for Lampard, a total creative vacuum in midfield, or Carragher, who didn't direct a single pass forward, even in injury time, or Gerrard, who made one good run to score early on and then charged about with total abandon from then on. When Emile Heskey is not only your best player, but also makes you look good (the drop in quality after his substitution was remarkable) then you're a team with deep fundamental problems. That was an abysmal match, representing everything about our national team which fills me with shame.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Shite like usual.

Again Steven Gerrard the best player on the pitch, let down by the rest of the shite.

I don't get how Green gets picked, all he's done all season is pick the ball out of the net for West Ham? Fuckin does my head in. Capello's not daft, why is he picking him? Yea James has got a knee injury, I would have gone for Hart over Green any day of the week.

And as for Rooney, one of the best strikers in the world, leave it out.....

Prove me wrong Wayne you judas twat.

I dunno, I though Lennon and Johnson worked well on the right, and Lennon's pace was utilised effectively on several occasions. It's not their fault that England were collectively seduced by some deep national instinct to repeatedly hoof it upfield. The job Heskey did of making anything out of some of those balls was pretty impressive, considering his lack of match sharpness. Rooney emerged towards the end, but should have had a field day against that defence. The whole occasion was totally fucking mundane.