Ask A Whitey

so-so

yes, next question to canadians. whats the deal with the patch? in school we had 3 canadian exchange students (on different occasions) and every one of them was sporting the flag on their backpack. I see it on canadian tourists very often too. do canadian want to distinquish themselves from americans by doing this?

yesssssss

just by their accent, i would say that probably 99 % of ppl outside out North America would not be able to tell apart americans from canadians (unless the american has a strong southern accent or french canadians). now, i don't want to generalize but i think it's fair to say that generally

american = most hated nation

canada = pretty much everyone has a positive opinion of canadians

you have just no idea how different ppl will treat you with the patch, especially if you go into poorer countries. eveyone i know (myself included) has been offered money (sometimes quite a lot) by american tourist while backpacking for their patches. a lot of american tourist agency specializing in backpacking trip to SE Asia or south america will actually include a canadian patch in their package....

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably already has been asked but I just didn't read it:

Why do canadians say EH, after or before everything? I went to tornoto, vancuver, montreal, and quebec; and they all add that "EH" shit and the ones that spoke english in quebec did also. Also, why are their so many asians in vancuver.

they pronounce it 'zed'?

that's weak.

Well, it screws up the ending to the ABCs, but donchathink zee is a little effeminate, eh?

Oh, I'm one of the worst for adding "eh" at the end of everything. Eh just makes every sentence you say sound better.... like "You playin' hockey tonight, eh?" or "Dougie's bringing over a 2-4 later tonight, eh?" or "So I fucked your sister last night, eh." and so on...

Just wanted to jump in: America didn't "single-handedly" prevent Nazi anything.

No one is belittling the aid of the Russians/Canadians/British/Australians/Dutch, etc. in WW2, or anyone else for that matter........the bottom line is that if the U.S. hadn't been involved, then the war most certainly would not have been won. I think you will find very few people who do not agree with that. Either way, I use the word "single-handedly" for that reason alone. Yes, it is a little brash/excessive, but you get the point.......like I said, don't take everything literally.

Yeah really. Especially since almost any rational history professor will tell you that the Allies started ww2 with the treaty of Versailles, which was basically an exploit to rape Germany. France was still sour after getting creamed by the germans in the franco-prussian onward... and countless times before the rise of nations. We're still taught in public schools in america that germany started ww1 single handedly. In college you're taught just the opposite. Horray for public school set curriculum! France is a fatmouth friend who starts shit with people, get's his ass kicked, and get's your ass kicked trying to save him. Germany is the smarter sibling who nobody gets along with because he has no sense of humor. I don't know what Britain is. Maybe the uncle who comes over uninvited for dinner then complains about the bus fare, which he asks for apon departure.

I have no idea what you are getting at. :confused:

I lived in Vancouver for about 7 years, and never once did I experience a racist situation. However, when I was in small town Alberta, there was some unpleasantness that happened. A white truckful of good old white boys drove by and called me a "dumb bitch jap" (I'm not Japanese), a white guy tried to talk "asian" to me in a supermarket (I wasn't born in Asia), another truckful of white guys once shouted "K PRIDE" to me and a Japanese friend (I'm not Korean), yet another truckful of white guys once misused Kubrick and said something about love me long time (I'm not Vietnamese).

Is this something the cool white guys do? No white women have said nasty things.

unfortunately, i have a feeling this is not necessarily about white guys in particular, but guys in general. guys say and do lots of idiotic and primitive things in order to get your attention. what's worse is that in your case, probably the first thing these guys notice is that you're asian, so their stupid comments are punctuated with racial tones. sad.

wtf is up with this thread? I feel that it is eXTREMELY racist and even the moderators are in on it! Don't you know that "whitey" is extrrrrremely derogatory, even worse than "jap"?

What's the world come to!

are you sure this is true? i thought there was a hall-of-famer baseball player with that name. should i never call his name, or is this just one special case?

whitey_ford_autograph.jpg

and wheres the skill in going in a circle for 400 times?

would like to know too. I mean I'm not that much into motorsports, but I can see the point in stuff like WRC and Formula's, but nascar just goes over my head.

how can you stand wearing shoes inside the house?

and I'd like to know this too. whats the point? I know many houses in america have full floor carpets, doesn't that kind of battle the idea of running around in shoes?

also, is this habit present anywhere else? I know people in europe generally find it funny. what about other places or countries?

Guest StuckOnStupid
y

you have just no idea how different ppl will treat you with the patch, especially if you go into poorer countries. eveyone i know (myself included) has been offered money (sometimes quite a lot) by american tourist while backpacking for their patches. a lot of american tourist agency specializing in backpacking trip to SE Asia or south america will actually include a canadian patch in their package....

this is very true.

and yet, most americans are confused when you try to tell them that most of the world can't stand them. the obliviousness is astounding.

and i like america.

actually, no i dont, i love new york...which really should just proceed with secession from the rest of the union. its not really america in new york. Macon, Georgia...Largo, Florida...Wilkes-Barre, Pensylvania, Louiville Kentucky...thats fuckin america. yikes.

Guest StuckOnStupid
would like to know too. I mean I'm not that much into motorsports, but I can see the point in stuff like WRC and Formula's, but nascar just goes over my head.

and I'd like to know this too. whats the point? I know many houses in america have full floor carpets, doesn't that kind of battle the idea of running around in shoes?

also, is this habit present anywhere else? I know people in europe generally find it funny. what about other places or countries?

i think americans only do it because they do it on american sitcoms, which have pretty much defined standards of living for a lot of people.

Guest StuckOnStupid
Well, it screws up the ending to the ABCs, but donchathink zee is a little effeminate, eh?

Oh, I'm one of the worst for adding "eh" at the end of everything. Eh just makes every sentence you say sound better.... like "You playin' hockey tonight, eh?" or "Dougie's bringing over a 2-4 later tonight, eh?" or "So I fucked your sister last night, eh." and so on...

HAHAHAHA!

it woulda been better as "GORDIE is bringin over a 2-4,"

dear mr whitey,

i want to know what you think of toyota entering into Nascar.

apparently, there is no love being shown for them, coz their skin is yellow and their eyes arent right.

are ylu gogint to be rooting for them?

and wheres the skill in going in a circle for 400 times?

please educate me. thank you

You're kind of stupid if you think "white people" give a crap about toyota entering nascar. When you're a biggot you tend to look for it in everybody else. We azns aren't victims.

What's the point of going in a circle 400 times?

Well, what's the point of dropping 200+ bucks on jeans you'll wear for a year at the most?

Oh yeah, credibility. Well, at least nascar drivers and engineers had to earn theirs.

You're kind of stupid if you think "white people" give a crap about toyota entering nascar. When you're a biggot you tend to look for it in everybody else. We azns aren't victims.

What's the point of going in a circle 400 times?

Well, what's the point of dropping 200+ bucks on jeans you'll wear for a year at the most?

Oh yeah, credibility. Well, at least nascar drivers and engineers had to earn theirs.

this was a stupid post. the point of the question was whether nascar followers are concerned about a foreign automaker entering the sport. dont talk about being a bigot when this whole thread is about stereotypes and generalization, the whole point is to find out about these things. finally, driving a car in circle has nothing to do with jeans or fashion, terrible comparison.

this was a stupid post. the point of the question was whether nascar followers are concerned about a foreign automaker entering the sport. dont talk about being a bigot when this whole thread is about stereotypes and generalization, the whole point is to find out about these things. finally, driving a car in circle has nothing to do with jeans or fashion, terrible comparison.

wah wah wah . Nice try, underdog.

oh yeah, concern over a foreign automaker was OBVIOUSLY what he was getting at because race had NOTHING to do with his post. After that first statement you went on to contradict yourself within one paragraph by stating that it was okay for him to bring race into this, which it is. I was simply pointing out the fact that he's kind of hypocritical bigot.

I have every right to point out the fact that our intellectual giant of a friend is a bigot because he was asking whitey why whitey was so "racist" over nascar. If he get's to call somebody stereotypically racist while stereotyping and BEING a racist, well, I have every right to poke fun. Fun! Something tells me he has very little interest in the question that you pretended he was asking.

And no, jeans and diving in circles have little in common. So little in common that somebody on a fashion forum with little to no knowledge of racing should expect somebody to voice their opinion if they feel that their own opinion is important enough to place in the public domain. He feels that driving 400 laps in a circle is illogical, I feel that spending hundreds on "credibility: the easy way" is at least equally illogical. Glad you could wrap your head around that one. People sit on this forum and judge others, and it's fun. God help anybody who judges them back though!

Next stop: rocket science!

I have every right to point out the fact that our intellectual giant of a friend is a bigot because he was asking whitey why whitey was so "racist" over nascar. If he get's to call somebody stereotypically racist while stereotyping and BEING a racist, well, I have every right to poke fun. Fun! Something tells me he has very little interest in the question that you pretended he was asking.

umm yea, repeating my point: "pointing out" something like that in a thread based completely on stereotypes and generalization is worthless. especially if its coming from a guy calling himself "azn". your witty comments came of as sounding stupid.

And no, jeans and diving in circles have little in common.

I'm glad you acknowledge that, henry.

So little in common that somebody on a fashion forum with little to no knowledge of racing should expect somebody to voice their opinion if they feel that their own opinion is important enough to place in the public domain.

holy pole vaulting jesus.