Pic of My Sugar Cane x Begin Jeans

lowrider

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair too :) They look almost Bape-like in yer face in those pics but in person they look a lot more like just a regular pair of jeans. They are natural indigo warp & weft dyed so they wont produce a super high contrast fade. Yes the side pocket sucks but that's what seam rippers are for! 2 mins later and voila. They are one wash so they arrive very soft and supple. Cut = '47 like. Price is the same as Hawaii's, Edo Ai's et al, Yen 31,290.

i dont know i was looking at the predistressed ones and they look horrible. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc40510_429/

i am comfortable saying that sugar cane washes are horrible across the board

strange since buzz rickson washes are incredible

:confused:

nice pick up, lowrider

points for being adventurous

:cool:

Interesting choice for your first pair of heavyweight jeans. Might I ask why you went such an unorthodox route?

Gorgeous pictures, by the way.

I picked up my first selvedge jeans last Saturday and began to do research on this forum. Talk about a kid in a candy store... I eventually narrowed it down to 4 types of jeans that I needed to have:

1) Classic Levi's - just because they're the godfather and the history is cool so I picked up the LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s for 50% off

2) Something different - the Sugar Cane x Begins fit my bill w/o being too over the top (IMHO)

3) A pair to thrash - Gap Goughs for $9.97 (they also satisfy my requirement as my first pair of raw denim that I need to soak)

4) Skinny - Haven't figured out which pair it's gonna be yet though the Japanese Dior 19cms are pretty cool but I do want to see what the Sugar Cane x Self Edge ones that another member told me about look like

So there's my long winded reasoning for getting these. Sorry!

I have a pair too :) They look almost Bape-like in yer face in those pics but in person they look a lot more like just a regular pair of jeans. They are natural indigo warp & weft dyed so they wont produce a super high contrast fade. Yes the side pocket sucks but that's what seam rippers are for! 2 mins later and voila. They are one wash so they arrive very soft and supple. Cut = '47 like. Price is the same as Hawaii's, Edo Ai's et al, Yen 31,290.

Thanks again! I wouldn't have known how to answer those questions! Do you have pics of what your Begins look like without the side pocket? Please post up...

Mahalo!

i am comfortable saying that sugar cane washes are horrible across the board

strange since buzz rickson washes are incredible

:confused:

nice pick up, lowrider

points for being adventurous

:cool:

the hard wash okinawas are one the best hard washes i've ever seen. used to be really good pictures of it on amazon but i can't find them anymore. The hard wash on the okis sold me on getting a raw pair. that and the python patch..

the hard wash okinawas are one the best hard washes i've ever seen. used to be really good pictures of it on amazon but i can't find them anymore. Thw hard wash on the okis sold me on gettin a raw pair. that and the python patch

I concur, I just ordered a pair of okinawa from hinoya. Now im patiently waiting for to arrive! :D