the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

Koreans think they are the best Asians and it really pisses me off sometimes.

Out of all the Asians I encountered in my personal experience (I'm Asian as well), they come off as hostile or stuck up or very clique to everyone else (unless you are White and rich), compared with other Asians.

Though I know not all Koreans are like that, my best friend is Korean and she isn't like that...maybe I'm just unlucky with the ones I do meet.

what's the deal with koreans (that went to american high schools and speak english perfectly well) insisting on speaking korean all the time even when hanging out with a group of friends that includes non-koreans. extremely rude.

Koreans think they are the best Asians and it really pisses me off sometimes.

Out of all the Asians I encountered in my personal experience (I'm Asian as well), they come off as hostile or stuck up or very clique to everyone else (unless you are White and rich), compared with other Asians.

Though I know not all Koreans are like that, my best friend is Korean and she isn't like that...maybe I'm just unlucky with the ones I do meet.

funny... that is how I feel about Japanese people, again, with the caveat that not all Japanese people are like that. Just so happens that those who come off as stuck up towards other Asians and at the same time super-friendly towards white people tend to be japanese from my experience.

what's the deal with koreans (that went to american high schools and speak english perfectly well) insisting on speaking korean all the time even when hanging out with a group of friends that includes non-koreans. extremely rude.

wow.. i thought i was alone in feeling like this. i actually confronted one of my friends about this and she felt rather insulted. she said something to the effect of "this is my natural language. why would you tell me to speak something else?"

. Just so happens that those who come off as stuck up towards other Asians and at the same time super-friendly towards white people tend to be japanese from my experience.

no they're just like koreans and chinese, pretend to be nice, then talk smack about whitey in japanese while smiling.

Guest jmatsu
funny... that is how I feel about Japanese people, again, with the caveat that not all Japanese people are like that. Just so happens that those who come off as stuck up towards other Asians and at the same time super-friendly towards white people tend to be japanese from my experience.

QUOTE]

japanese are just as ethnocentric as other asians, but don't have the big chip on their shoulder that alot of koreans do.

I find all my Asian compatriots slightly to extremely intolerable.

Most of them are badly dressed and have the awful hair and glasses combination that later devolves into the typical Computer Engineer look.

They also go on those vile "Loveboat" trips.

my friends tell me loveboat is basically just "we're awkward lets fuck" for a month on a boat

can anyone confirm

I've never been on anything so heinous--those V finger signs would basically keel me over--but I suppose if you count furtive blowjobs in second-rate hotel rooms while some anxiously sweating roommate keeps watch, it is fucking.

I also believe the thing isn't actually on a boat.

Here's to your fuck.

Because Koreans are straight assholes and just think inside the box. Trust me, I'm Korean.

You've just created a stereotype for 48 million people just out of those you've seen. I don't think you can say much about "thinking inside the box" or being an asshole in general.

I don't know if this shit has anything to do with Cho Seung Hui, but shut the fuck with this bullshit. Hating on your own ethnicity won't change your hair pigmentation.

While hating one's own ethnicity won't change your hair color--unless you're one of those bottle blonde Japanese--it does seem to produce results.

Many of the famous intellectuals were self-hating: James Joyce, Clement Greenburg, the City College Jews, Paul Bowles, et al.

Korea is more like the Ireland of Asia, to Japan's England...

I'm kinda with dizzhizz on this one; Korea is full of assholes and mindlessness. This is not one of those 'oh, Korea is just 20 years behind Japan and eventually they'll catch up' instances, there are some severe flaws in the matrix over here.

Guest jmatsu
Korea is more like the Ireland of Asia, to Japan's England...

this quote is a riot! with your permission i am going to use this at my next company function.

nobody is fucking interested in you online/phone consumerism exploits.

next time go to supertrash and write about fucking your sister or something...

You've just created a stereotype for 48 million people just out of those you've seen. I don't think you can say much about "thinking inside the box" or being an asshole in general.

I don't know if this shit has anything to do with Cho Seung Hui, but shut the fuck with this bullshit. Hating on your own ethnicity won't change your hair pigmentation.

Don't Koreans generally stereotype? I thought all Asians knew this? LOL!

No, this has NOTHING to do with Cho Seung Hui and I love the color of my shit black hair. Just from my observations living here in Korea for over 6 years and working for a local Korean company, I think Koreans (mostly middle aged men) tend to be assholes due to a combination of stress, soju, road rage and blue balls at hostess bars.

Also, Dismal is right about Koreans being the Irish of the Asians. I think pound for pound, they are the undisputed heavy weights when it comes to drinking in the Asian/Pacific region.

Koreans are assholes. I don't know a Korean person that would disagree with me that they have temper problems and some middle-aged Korean men would be considered mentally insane in most Western cultures.

Example: My ex-girlfriend was korean. Her dad got drunk one night and told her that he was going to murder me, and not in a joking way. He hated me because I'm Chinese. Hm....

No, this has NOTHING to do with Cho Seung Hui and I love the color of my shit black hair. Just from my observations living here in Korea for over 6 years and working for a local Korean company, I think Koreans (mostly middle aged men) tend to be assholes due to a combination of stress, soju, road rage and blue balls at hostess bars.

Also, Dismal is right about Koreans being the Irish of the Asians. I think pound for pound, they are the undisputed heavy weights when it comes to drinking in the Asian/Pacific region.

Soju.

Too bad they all get the Asian glow.

There we go. I have to agree with you on this one...

this was probably a gift from the french.

no hate, but vietnamese immigrants' english is fucking freaky. weird-monotone-robot sounding voices. alot of times they sound totally void of any basic emotions.

yeah, but japanese girls have these amazing looks that completely turn off a dude by opening their mouths and looking like they been chewing on concrete and wooden sticks their entire lives .

Because Koreans are straight assholes and just think inside the box. Trust me, I'm Korean.

what i've noticed is that koreans in korea tend to be a bit easily annoyed. for example...i noticed employees of coffee shops, resturants, anythign that requires their service...people arent working to service you, theyre working to make their money. therefore, the service isnt as great.

on the flipside, this is speaking form my experience as growing up as an korean-american in a pretty wealthy family, having many korean-american wealthy friends, many have said we tend to be snobby and bit stuck up.

as far as pride in being "korean" goes, im pretty sure we can't beat Chinese. some of the most egotistic prideful people i've met are mainland chinese people. most entertaining thing to watch is a Chinese person argue with a Taiwanese person.

most entertaining thing to watch is a Chinese person argue with a Taiwanese person.

A Chinese friend of mine hates how some Taiwanese claim to be from their own country. I sorta agree with him. "You're goddamn Chinese, and you do not have your own country." Last time I checked, Taiwan's a Republic of China, right?

A Chinese friend of mine hates how some Taiwanese claim to be from their own country. I sorta agree with him. "You're goddamn Chinese, and you do not have your own country." Last time I checked, Taiwan's a Republic of China, right?

as far as I'm aware, so is Tibet, at the moment. doesn't make it right.

i consider koreans the latinos of asians.

happy, positive, and the party troopers.

thai girls make me feel obese.

as for japanese, unfortunately 90% of the population think japan is the 51st state.

rant.